Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 :~:

30 Days of Treasure Hunting! - DAY 20 - Alix Rickloff!

There's still time to enter...

stolen seduction
share image
enter today
go to book
Today my guest is author Alix Rickloff!

In an attempt to combine her love of the Regency era with her weakness for great swashbuckling sword and sorcery fantasy, Alix Rickloff created a race of humans known as the Other whose bloodlines mingle and merge with those of the faery realm.

These men and women must traverse a knife-edge between the everyday world they inhabit and the shadowy realm of the Fey who make their cunning and sometimes treacherous presence known all too often.

Her awards include a final in the 2007 Golden Heart, while Romantic Times Magazine calls her writing, "compelling and original".

You can find her on the web at www.AlixRickloff.com.

Alix's latest release is DANGEROUS AS SIN:

In 1815 London, passion and duty, human and Other collide…

Morgan Bligh has honed her body and her magic into weapons, but she’s always lived by her heart. Yet to defeat a traitor whose unspeakable dark power threatens both her worlds, she must forget her feelings— because her partner in the hunt is wicked war hero Cameron Sinclair. He’s broken her heart once, and from the looks of him, he could do it again…

Cam Sinclair wants nothing more than to forget the horrors he’s lived through. He’s done his duty for king and country, turning himself into an assassin and an outcast in the process. Chasing after a sadistic murderer with a sultry Amazon who hates him seems unbearable. Yet though the beautiful Morgan chafes his every nerve and they’re both in constant danger, he can’t help but wonder if this second meeting is truly a second chance…

Alix is giving away a two-fer today! Copies of both LOST IN YOU and DANGEROUS AS SIN! Just answer this question: What was the name of Alix's first completed manuscript?

Welcome, Alix!

***

Hidden Gem or Fireplace Fodder?

Any reader who’s browsed author websites and read the short bios usually contained there, knows that most writers started at a young age. Scribblings on loose leaf paper, stapled together for the family’s enjoyment. Diaries and journals for the more organized. Perhaps even chapter books typed and printed out with color covers for the highly motivated perfectionists.

For most of us, those tales ended up in boxes with old report cards, school photos, and refrigerator artwork our parents saved through the years. Dusty. Forgotten. The writing bug faded along with our wish for a Christmas pony, Tiger Beat magazine, and Members Only jackets (you know you had one).

But some of us held to the dream. The stories kept coming. The characters kept talking. Empty notebooks filled with plot after plot as we found our voice and honed our craft. Stories we now pray never see the light of day. Cringe-inducing prose our younger self thought was the height of perfection. (Right up there with Austen and Dickens, surely!)

Were you infected by the writing bug? Any stories in your attic? Are they better off forgotten, or are they lost masterpieces just waiting for someone to discover their hidden genius?

Write and let me know!

Labels:

22Comments:

Blogger host said...

Hello! Dangerous as Sin sounds yummy :) I've never written anything more than a paper at school or report at work. But I enjoy reading and travelling through different time period and new places with nothing more than a book in my hand. Thanks for providing such a great experience!

Answer: Meet the Fuzzy Family

1:12 AM  
Blogger Blodeuedd said...

It was Meet the Fuzzy Family, and it was penned in the fourth grade :)
very cool.

Sounds like a good book, and I am a sucker for books like this.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Hi Alix!
nice to see you here - you are a new author to me, but I can't have enough authors I read *gg*
Meet the Fuzzy Family was your first completed manuscript...

like host I've never written more than a paper for school - I can dream a lot about stories but I can write them down...I envy you for that!

greetins, Ina

8:10 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I love the cover for your book it's very yummy. I'm to scatter brained to ever write anything. I'm one of those people that drive everyone crazy because I jump from subject to subject and I'm pretty sure if I ever tried to write any thing down that's the way I would do it. But I have all kinds of stories going on in my head. When I'm at work and I get bored I'll think up a story to help me make it through the day.
The answer is: Meet the Fuzzy Family

8:26 AM  
Blogger limecello said...

Awweee Meet the Fuzzy Family - how cute! As for writing stuff... kinda I guess, in elementary school. My third grade teacher made us write stories weekly. And then we read them to the class. Mine were always epic - long, wandering, 20 page stories of ridiculousness it seems. lol I must've spoken my classmates into submission :X
And then in middle school I was on a competitive creative writing team. But otherwise... nope :) I'm happy to be a reader these days.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Alix Rickloff said...

I'm so happy to be here today! And yes, you've all been great at discovering my buried secret manuscript.

Host: Like you, I love to explore new places and times through a good book. I've learned far more through fiction than I ever did by reading a text book. Somehow your brain doesn't mind being taught while it's involved in a gripping story.

Blodeuedd: I hope you enjoy Dangerous As Sin. I loved being able to combine my two faves: historical and fantasy.

Ina: Sometimes I wonder if all that writing we HAD to do in school blunts the desire of potential authors. It becomes a chore and not a joy. But dreaming a story is the first step. And I always love a good daydream!

9:39 AM  
Blogger robinky42 said...

The answer is Meet the Fuzzy Family. I have never wrote anything expect at school. This story sounds like a good one. I have not read anything by you but will have to put you on my list.

10:00 AM  
Blogger The Scarf Princess said...

Thanks for visiting us! Your book sounds super good and with a cover like that you can't go wrong. No, I've never had writing aspirations even though I was an English major in college.

Today's answer...Meet the Fuzzy Family.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Dorthy said...

Answer to contest question:

Meet the Fuzzy Family (penned in 4th grade)

Was I infected with the writing bug?
Yes I was, and I penned quite a few beginings to the story, but the disease never fully engulfed me. My immune system fought it off much to my dismay. LOL

The one book that I did finish, I wrote in 5th grade, and it was called The Wolf Skin.
But unfortunatly when we moved from Kansas to Ohio it was in one of the boxes that the movers lost.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Hi Alix,
I've never been bitten by the writing bug. I only wrote stories when they were given out as school assignments. Meet the Fuzzy Family was your first completed manuscript.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Maggie Toussaint said...

Hi Alix and Elisabeth,

I have my teenage diaries and they are not for public consumption nor will they ever be. Too silly.

That's how I feel about my early romances - not for public consupmtion. I learned the craft through trial and a lot of error.

Congrats on your successes, ladies.

www.maggietoussaint.com

2:13 PM  
Blogger Elise Hayes said...

Answer: Meet the Fuzzy Family

I love that you were already writing in fourth grade, Alix! I started my first romance when I was 15. I wrote about 150 pages of it--not sure where those pages are today. But my first completed manuscript was at age 18 (a paranormal romance) and was handwritten in purple (I kid you not!).

3:03 PM  
Blogger SiNn said...

this book sounds awesome as always when iw as younger i worte and wrote and wrote i have a book that sure may sound beautiful to me will never se ethe light of day for thatr eason lol


the answer is
Meet the Fuzzy Family written in the 4th grade


I do have one published poem i wrote in the 8th grade and another i wrote was published in our town paper when i was in the 10th

3:43 PM  
Blogger booklover0226 said...

When I was younger I did a lot of creative writing for school but I never thought I was very good, so I never pursued it.

I'm ok with that because I can read all the good books that are written!

Thanks,
Tracey D

4:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle Santiago said...

answer: Meet the Fuzzy Family written the 4th grade

dangerous as sin sounds really good! i love the second chance at love theme and this looks to be one! as for writing, i did "dabble" into back when I was middle school and high school. i even won honorable mention back in the 10th grade at the maui writer's conference but i eventually lost interest in it. maybe in the future but right now i'm more a reader than a writer.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Spav said...

The first complete manuscript was named Meet the Fuzzy Family.
I do have stories from when I was younger; my parents probably have them around somewhere.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Diana Cosby said...

Hi Alix,
Congratulations on the release of Dangerous as Sin and on creating such an amazing world! I hope 2010 brings you amazing blessings. As for me and stories, oh yeah, I have a ton in the attic waiting for exposure. Can't wait to write the next!
Happy New Year! *Hugs*

Diana Cosby
Romance Edged With Danger

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Alix Rickloff said...

Funny, I always wanted to keep a diary. It sounded so cool, but in practice I'd make it about two or three weeks before I gave it up as too much work. Maybe because it was supposed to be factual--now if I could have written what I wanted to have happen to me it would have been much more interesting!

But my early romances are also in the attic--buried deep, I hope. I pulled one out recently and shuddered through the whole thing. Yikes!

Elise: Wonderful to have you stop in!! Does purple ink equal purple prose? Ugh! Sorry, must be getting late.

It sounds as if we have quite a few who wrote in school and even dabbled a bit after. All sorts of attic manuscripts floating around out there!

Diana: Thanks for the congrats! I have a friend who's always urging me to pull old stories out and rewrite. I've tried and I just can't. It's too much like work. New is always more fun!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Alix Rickloff said...

I think my earlier post got lost in the ether out there:

Sherry: The cover gods were good to me with this book. I love the color scheme and the moon behind him and--oh yea--the guy's not bad looking either.

I make up stories in my head all the time--usually at night if I can't sleep. A wonderful way to relax.

Limecello: A competitive creative writing team? Sounds fascinating. Do tell!

Robinky42 and joder: I hope you enjoy reading Dangerous As Sin as much as I enjoyed writing it. Morgan was my kick-ass heroine and a blast to write. So not me!

Dorthy: That's so sad to lose something you worked so hard on. And the title is intriguing. Sounds very YA to me.

You have to be careful of that writing bug. It can strike without warning at any age. Never say never.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Mitzi H. said...

I wrote a couple of short stories in high school and although I got an A and my teacher thought I should do more writing, I just never found the time.

One of them was about 2 cousins vacationing in LA and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...middle of the Watts Riots...where they ended up hanging by their seat belts with their car being turned over. Hehehe....Can you tell how old I am???

Answer: Meet The Fuzzy Family.

Wow, 4th grade....now that has got to be (natural) talent.

I'm very much looking forward to reading Dangerous as Sins.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Meet the Fuzzy Family! (Very cute.)

I used to write poetry and short stories, but stopped once I got into university. I miss it, sometimes.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Sue A. said...

Like those unfinished knitting projects of scarves and sweaters, I tried writing a few stories and never got the hang of piecing together all the elements needed for an entertaining story. I'll have to leave this to the professionals. I do feel being a writer requires an kind of calling to it otherwise it's forced and terribly difficult.

Alix a very belated congrats on finaling for the 2007 Golden Heart.

Answer: Meet the Fuzzy Family

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com