Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Thursday, January 14, 2010 :~:

30 Days of Treasure Hunting! - DAY 28 - Anna Campbell

Four days left to enter...

stolen seduction
share image
enter today
go to book
My guest today is author Anna Campbell!!

Anna Campbell lives near the sea on the east coast of Australia. She writes Regency historicals for Avon and her most recent release is CAPTIVE OF SIN, chosen as one of the best 100 books of 2009 by Publishers Weekly. Anna has won numerous awards for her passionate, emotional books and was a double RITA finalist in 2008. Her third Regency noir TEMPT THE DEVIL has just been nominated in the Romantic Times 2009 Reviewers Choice Awards. Make sure you look for MY RECKLESS SURRENDER in June 2010!

Anna's recent release is CAPTIVE OF SIN:

He pledged his honor to keep her safe . . .

Returning home after tragedy, Sir Gideon Trevithick discovers a defiant beauty in danger. He’s dismayed to discover she’s heiress Charis Weston—and he can only protect her from her violent stepbrothers by wedding her himself! Now Gideon must hide his dark secrets from the bride he desires more with every heartbeat.

Anna is giving away the choice of one book from her backlist: either CLAIMING THE COURTESAN, UNTOUCHED, TEMPT THE DEVIL or CAPTIVE OF SIN. Simply answer this question: What is the name of the hero in her June 2010 release, MY RECKLESS SURRENDER?

Welcome, Anna!

***

Lights, Camera, Action…Romance?

Firstly, congratulations, Elisabeth, on the release of the third in your Stolen trilogy (hmm, that doesn’t sound quite right!), STOLEN SEDUCTION! I’ve been seeing so much buzz about these books around Bloglandia. You must be delighted. And thank you for inviting me to blog today and play in your great contest. Wow, what a wonderful selection of prizes!

I’m here to talk about CAPTIVE OF SIN which was a November release in the U.S. and has just come out in the Land Downunder in a gorgeous trade paperback edition that has me drooling. Actually a bit like the stolen trilogy comment, that doesn’t sound quite right!

CAPTIVE OF SIN is a classic marriage of convenience story. I’d never written one before although it’s a theme I always enjoy in romances – how could a girl brought up on Harlequin Mills and Boon say anything else? There are more marriage of convenience stories in Harlequins than there are conveniences in a toilet shop! I love how a MOC story forces the couple together, usually under one roof (plenty of opportunity for passion and conflict and mayhem). In a historical, given the difficulty of obtaining a divorce, they really did have to work out their problems or be stuck with that other person forever. How delicious!

The lovely folk at Avon Australia have put together a video of me talking about CAPTIVE OF SIN that they’re featuring on their site SCARLET PAGES and also on YouTube. My talented friend Amanda Bell played director and also interviewer, and her budgie got in on the act, if you listen closely. Check it out:


So what book makes you drool? Leave a comment to go into the draw to win your choice from my four books! Good luck!

Labels:

51Comments:

Blogger Authorness said...

Elisabeth, congratulations on your latest release. How exciting!

Hello, Miss Anna! Your Gideon was certainly drool-worthy. The last book (other than yours) that made me salivate was Julia Child's memoir, 'My Life in France', in which she discovered how to appreciate food and cookery. Anyone who can make offal seem tantalising is truly talented!

~ Vanessa

12:40 AM  
Blogger SiNn said...

Tempt the devil rocked!
ty for stoppin by congrats on ur release Elisabeth


the answer is

Tarquin Vale

2:17 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Tarquin Vale is the hero of My Reckless Surrender!

Paranormals make me drool, especially ones featuring shifters. On the historical front, I love books that are set in Scotland. Last but not least, I love me a good time travel romance!

4:04 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

Tarquin Vale, Earl of Ashcroft is the hero.

Time travel romance set in Scotland!! Definitely drool worthy. I love MOC too. It is interesting to read how they come together, get over their differences, and learn about each other.

Captive of Sin sounds drool worthy too!!!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Scorpio M. said...

For me a hero who is confident yet still exhibits a bit vulnerability does it for me. As someone recently told me, it makes you feel "melty".

I felt that with Kylemore (I just wanted to cuddle him) and I have CoS in my TBR waiting to be devoured. Sounds like Gideon will get to me, too :)

answer: Tarquin Vale (what a unique name!)

Thx for visiting.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I love paranormal books my favorite are shifters they always make me drool. When I read a historical book I like it to be set in Scotland and I really love Viking books.

answer: Tarquin Vale

9:29 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Ooh, V, I loved that memoir, especially the first half where she kept having those amazing meals in those out of the way little restaurants that I NEVER seem to find when I travel! ;-) Thanks for saying you loved Mr. Gideon! And thanks for swinging by!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Hi Anna,
Any historicals written by Julie Garwood and Lisa Kleypas makes me drool.

The hero from your 2010 release is Tarquin Vale.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Cybercliper said...

Hi Anna...I just finished Untouched and I loved it. I love Matthew and Grace...I actually dropped a couple tears there at one point (always the sign of a great book IMO). Drool worthy - a handsome, buff alpha hero with keen sense of humor and a heart of gold!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Melissa D. said...

hmmm....Drool worthy books/heros...

I think that Julian Southwood is my fave drool worthy hero of your's Anna..

non Anna Campbell drool worthy books....definately the Blackdagger Brotherhood books by JR Ward. mmmmmmm...those vamps are hot! LOL

10:19 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hey, SiNn, thanks so much for saying you loved Tempt the Devil!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Julie, thanks for sharing your droolish books! All of them sound good to me. I love a good time travel - it's been great to see a few more out in the market recently. And anything set in Scotland, yum!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hey, Kara, great to meet another MOC fan! And sounds like you and Julie should start swapping reading material - hey, and can you pass on the good stuff to me? LOL! Time travels in Scotland? Yup!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Scorpio, I agree with you about the vulnerability. And often that's the way the reader (and the heroine), get in, if you know what I mean. Someone who's a complete monolith is rather hard to relate to! Kylemore certainly falls into that category - so glad you loved him! Hope you enjoy COS! Thanks for swinging by and good luck!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Sherry, sounds like you and Kara and Julie should all set up a book club! I love Viking books too - I actually have an idea for one that's been at the back of my mind for ages, ever since I found the perfect setting when I visited Scotland in 2004.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hi Jane! Oh, for classic romance, you can't go past either, can you? Great choice!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hi Cybercliper! Oh, how lovely that you enjoyed Untouched so much. I shed a few tears writing it too - not sure whether the author crying makes it a good book, snort! Thanks for letting me know!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hi Melissa! Thanks for swinging by. So glad you loved Julian! I rather liked him too - it's an occupational hazard, falling in love with my heroes! Oh, I love J.R. Ward's Brotherhood. My favorite was Rhage. He just broke my heart!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Kimberly F. said...

Hello! I love your books and look foward to reading this one. I love the men in your books, especially Sheene in Untouched...ahhhhh, that poor, HOT man...

Kimberly

10:34 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Tarquin Vale, Earl of Ashcroft

I really enjoy a hero who falls hard for the heroine and then has to work hard for his HEA.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hi Kimberly! Actually Sheene/Matthew had quite a few fans. I think Grace would have had some competition for him if he'd ever looked at another woman, LOL! Thanks for saying such nice things about the books and good luck in the draw!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Maureen, I do too - I think all my books basically fall into that category! Never want to make it too easy for them. Good luck in the draw!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE treasure hunts.

April.morelock@gmail.com

12:41 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hi April! Thanks for swinging by. Hey, I need an answer on the question in the blog for you to go into the draw.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Fedora said...

Hi, Anna!!! Woot! What books make me drool? Well, I'm easy--what books don't make me drool!? ;) I'm especially a fan of a good redemption story, especially when the hero's not a standard "tall, dark, and handsome" sort :)

And Tarquin Vale, Earl of Ashcroft, is the hero of your upcoming book! Can't wait!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hey, Fedora! I hope Tarquin makes you drool - he's my first non-tortured hero and I msut say the author thinks he's lovely ;-) Laughed at your general drooliness - in a nice way, of course! Thanks for playing!

1:34 PM  
Blogger limecello said...

Hi Anna! Great post. As for what book makes me drool... hmm... excellent writing and a great story as well - hero and heroine with chemistry, yes I demand the total package. Drool worthy though... while I'm pretty over long series, I want want want Hawke's book in Nalini Singh's Psy/Changeling books. I'm almost certain that's one story I will drool over. (And for :X) ;P

Ooo Tarquin Vale, Earl of Ashcroft -what a name, and what a title! :D

1:42 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hiya Lime! This is turning into a Bandit Buddy invasion! Lovely to see you. No Roosters here for you to flirt with - I'll see if Elisabeth has any other critters she can bring out to play with you ;-)

Ooh, love Nalini's books. Great choice! Thanks for entering and good luck!

1:50 PM  
Blogger iheartbooks said...

Switch by Megan Hart makes me drool. The cover makes me faint. LOL!

cindyc725 at gmail dot com

2:23 PM  
Blogger booklover0226 said...

The answer is Tarquin Vale.

I look forward in reading more of Anna Campbell's books.

Thanks,
Tracey D

2:37 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hi Cindy! I just checked out Switch. That's one hot cover!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hey, thanks, Tracey! Now that counts as a GREAT answer, LOL!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Sharon Archer said...

Hey, Anna and Elizabeth! Congratulations to both of you for your fabulous releases!

Anna, you're a natural in front of the camera - so relaxed and articulate. I'm green - GREEN, I say - with envy when I think about how I stutter and splutter under stress! LOL Amanda's budgie obviously wanted his spot in the limelight too!

mmm, a drool-worthy book - lots to choose from... but... looking away from my Anna-Campbell keeper shelf for a moment... and my eye has landed on Christine Wells' Wicked Little Game with the drool-worthy Marquis of Vane!

:)
Sharon

3:52 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Amanda's budgie certainly made himself a prominent feature of the video, didn't he, Sharon? Hilarious! Our first take was ruined by a barking Jack Russell terrier in the house next door. Clearly the animal kingdom was ready for its closeup! Wicked Little Game is indeed drool worthy! Great choice!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Sue A. said...

I like men with an outer strength yet with a inner vulnerability that few get to see. Charisma and confidence, which is not in anyway arrogance.
Seize the Fire by Laura Kinsale .

The hero's name is Tarquin Vale.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Sue, I'm just re-reading an old Laura Kinsale (not that one) for a review. Wow, she's some writer. I loved her Lessons in French. I perfectly understand you drooling over Seize the Fire. It's one of my faves of hers. Thanks for swinging by!

6:27 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

Tarquin Vale, Earl of Ashcroft, is the hero.

what makes me drool is a hero who is honest, sincere, kind and has a sense of humor.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Chelsea B. said...

Tarquin Vale is the hero.

What book makes me drool? Hmmmm....I LOVED Gena Showalter's Heart of the Dragon! So definitely that one!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Christine M. said...

Hero's Tarquin Vale! =)

Also, I have to say that marriages of convenience are one of my favourite "plot device" (and I don't mean this in a derogatory way at all). I've seen this book around the blogs and I'm getting more and more curious about it... I'll definitely have to pick it up at some point!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Robyn, I suspect Gideon will be right up your alley then ;-) Thanks for entering!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Chelsea, I've heard a lot about Gena's work. I'll have to check it out. So many great books, so little time!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hi Christine! Hope you enjoy COS! I think marriages of convenience are one of those romance themes that just never get old! They always work for me too!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Mitzi H. said...

Hi Anna, I just want to say that Tempt The Devil is The Greatest Book I've Read In A Long Long Time!!!

When I first read it, I was involved in an ongoing forum at amazon regarding why we couldn't get our hands on great novels with a little extra spice...and low and behold your book came along. I had to tell all my amazon romance forum buddies how much I loved it and many of them read it and loved it too!!!

Just finished Captive of Sin and I liked it very much...but TTD is still my fav.

Hurry up and write....I can't wait to read more of your books!!!

Answer: Tarquin Vale

Thanks for the contest Elisabeth, Mitzi H.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Wow, Mitzi, that was some comment! Perhaps I could pay you to follow me around the blogosphere ;-) Thank you so much for those great words about Tempt the Devil. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story and that the people you've recommended it to liked it too. It was interesting writing older characters - a completely different dynamic. And as you say, lots of naughty bits! Thanks for swinging by!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Spav said...

What makes me drool is good chemistry between the lead couple.

Answer : Tarquin Vale

9:30 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Oh, Spav, absolutely! I was watching a TV romance the other day with zilch chemistry and it just didn't work although the writing was good and the acting was fine. That little bit of extra zing just wasn't there.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Kandy Shepherd said...

Hi Anna, books that make me drool are generally of the "50 Best Chocolate Cake Recipes" variety! Seriously, a hero who is strong, courageous but not afraid to show a touch of vulnerability is drool-worthy for me.
Gideon in CAPTIVE OF SIN is a wonderful hero and you have matched him with a wonderful heroine in Charis. This is one of those books where you can imagine beyond the words "The End" that these two are going to have a wonderful, fulfilled life together. I'll drool to that!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Armenia said...

Tarquin Vale is the hero of My Reckless Surrender.

I have to admit when it comes to romance and the hero is described as handsome, dark, brooding and sexy...they're drool worthy stories.

Hey Anna, nice to see you here. Loved Captive of Sin.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Ha ha! Good thing I checked back. By the way, huge congratulations to Christine M who won the book prize! But thanks for everyone who commented. It was a great day!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Kandy, I'll drool right back ya. Hmm, not an attractive picture, somehow. Thank you for those lovely words about Charis and Gideon. I'm absolutely stoked that you loved this book so much! And I agree with you about food books making me drool!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Anna Campbell said...

Hey, Armenia, thanks for popping by. So glad you love Captive of Sin! Thanks for letting me know. Oh, I'm with you on the dark and brooding hero. Always makes me drool too! But then I guess I you kinda knew that, didn't you? ;-)

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com