Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 :~:

30 Days of Treasure Hunting! - DAY 21 - Shelli Stevens!

A few days left...

stolen seduction
share image
enter today
go to book
My guest today is author Shelli Stevens!

Shelli currently lives in the Pacific Northwest with her young daughter. She writes various genres of romance and is represented by literary agent Laura Bradford from the Bradford Literary Agency.

Shelli's latest release is PROTECTIN PHOEBE:

Phoebe’s work at Second Chances, a women’s shelter, has gone a long way toward her own healing after surviving an abusive relationship in college. She’s moved on in every sense—except when it comes to dating.

Everything changes when Craig visits the shelter. The hot, young cop sets her pulse racing in a way that makes her consider making a move—and moving him into her bed for a casual fling. The first step: ask him out. Subtly, of course.

Craig has been attracted to Phoebe for months, so he’s more than happy for the chance to get to know her better, in bed and out. His interest goes way beyond casual, but convincing her to think long term is going to take some time.

When it becomes clear her violent ex has come out of the woodwork, though, time is the one thing they don’t have…

Today Shelli's giving away your choice of either an ebook version PROTECTING PHOEBE or a print version of TAKE ME. Simply answer this question: What is the Bill Cosby quote I have on my site?

Welcome, Shelli!

***

What have you done?

So, if you found my Bill Cosby quote, he talks about pleasing people. For the most part. And I put it up there, because as an author, it can really apply to me.

Some days I'll be writing my book and I'll hesitate, thinking...hmm, this type of reader may not like this. Or, maybe a reviewer will shoot me down for this part. Or, what is this is not sexy enough for my readers? Too sexy? And often I have to remind myself of that quote and just write the book that's in my head and heart.

How about you? Are there any instances in your life where you can think about how you've tried to please everyone? Gah, it could be as simple as Thanksgiving dinner!

Labels:

16Comments:

Blogger Cheryl McInnis said...

Hi Elisabeth and Shelli!
Shelli uses this quote on her site;
“I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.” Bill Cosby

I guess I always try to please people by never saying "No" when asked to do something, even when I really don't feel like it. I'm starting to learn that the world doesn't end when I do say "No", but
it's still hard to overcome that urge to please :- )

9:45 AM  
Blogger The Scarf Princess said...

I'm always trying to please people. I too never say no when asked, even though it's usually detrimental to me in some way. It's something I need to work on--being less of a doormat.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Hi Shelli!
first at all: WOW, I really like, no, like is the wrong word, I LOVE the cover of Protectin Phoebe - it has an incredible flair! your books are now on my wishlist - they sound great and I can't wait to read them...
it took a bit of time but I found the quote: “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.” Bill Cosby - he is absolutely correct with that... it seems the more you try the more things could go wrong *sigh* at a certain point you have to decide what is more immportant...
thanks for your post *hugs*
Ina

11:18 AM  
Blogger robynl said...

I have always been the 'try to please everyone' person; it is hard on one but I still do it. I can't have people thinking I don't care, I am unfair or whatever else it could be, lol.

Like at Christmas, each should get the same amount of presents, or the value should be fairly close. What if one wants a certain color that someone else got. On and on....

11:55 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Hi Shelli,
I think there are times when we try to do things for someone else and not yourself like not following a dream because you don't want to disappoint your family. The quote from Bill Cosby is "I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.”

12:31 PM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

“I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.” Bill Cosby

And I am so guilty of that. Especially when my boys were in school. Once you say yes to one committee they sign you up for everything, which caused some major burnout.

12:35 PM  
Blogger booklover0226 said...

When I was younger, I used to play the violin. Though my family was pleased that I showed interest in it; they never encouraged me to the point that maybe I could make a profession out of. Basically, I was told to choose a profession that will make money, not a profession that I would enjoy... and that's what I did...for awhile!

Now I enjoy what I'm doing!

Thanks,
Tracey D

3:14 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

“I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.” Bill Cosby

I hate to tell my family no and there are times I end up doing things for them that I don't really want to. My one sister is always calling if I have a day off work wanting me to run her son here and there because she doesn't have time or so she she tells me.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Fedora said...

Great quote from Bill, Shelli! “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.” Bill Cosby So true...

As for people pleasing, I tend to try too hard like Cheryl, but saying yes to things that maybe I should say no! And worse, I tend to apologize WAY too much...

6:27 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

“I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.” - Bill Cosby

I'm a people pleaser at heart. It's always, "Whatever you want to do!" or "It doesn't matter, you choose." I think it exasperates people sometimes, lol.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Shelli Stevens said...

Thanks all for commenting and sharing!

And thanks ina for the cover compliments!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Mitzi H. said...

Answer: "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone".

Boy, he's got that right. I think that is the hardest thing in the world to do.....learning to say and feeling OK with it.

I'm guilty of not doing it enough and it always makes me so angry with myself.

The cover is beautiful and I'm looking forward to reading the story. Congrats on the release.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

“I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.” Bill Cosby

So, so true! And my life is incredibly easier since I gave myself permission to say "no". Even better, I no longer feel guilty about it, either!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

The Bill Cosby quote on your site is “I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.”

I also try to please people by saying "yes" and sometimes I do things I don't want to do.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Spav said...

Answer: "I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.”

I do try to please people. Sometimes I end up doing things I didn't want to do.

12:40 PM  
Blogger SiNn said...

awesome intervew and yes many many times ive had that problem here i tried pleasing everyone yet no one was really that pleased



“I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone.” Bill Cosby -

is the quote

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com