Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Sunday, December 20, 2009 :~:

30 Days of Treasure Hunting! - DAY 5 - Avery Beck!

Enter, Enter!


Today's treasure hunting guest is author Avery Beck!

Two-time Golden Heart® finalist Avery Beck has crafted compelling fiction since age five, when she played school with her best friend and sent home a "teacher’s note" that got the poor girl in trouble.

It seems natural that her two passions, writing and studying relationships, have found an outlet in romance novels. She is fascinated with exploring the *something* that draws two people together, and she hopes to share with readers the humor, fun, drama, and best of all, joy of falling in love.

Avery writes short, sexy contemporaries and believes life is not complete without the pursuit of dreams and an intense roll in the hay...or wherever one feels inclined to roll.

Visit her at www.averybeck.com.

Avery's latest release is For His Eyes Only:

Beauty vs. power--a dangerous game with the heart as the prize...

Jacey Cass radiates confidence and sensuality just once a year, when she meets her rich and powerful lover for a night of anonymous sex. The rest of her calendar is filled with the daily struggle to survive. Her cashier job at Insomnia, Miami's hottest lingerie shop, doesn't go far toward college tuition, but she's determined to rise above her mother's freeloading legacy.

Alex Vaughn is one promotion away from realizing his life's ambition. For years he's been forced to stand by and watch his father systematically destroy the values that made Insomnia great. Now, with an expected vacancy in the summer catalog, he takes a chance. He's never formally met the fascinating woman he takes to bed every year, but he knows a marketable body when he sees one. The last thing he expects is for her to turn the opportunity down flat.

Jacey won't consider a handout--even from the man whose white-hot caress is the one bright spot of her life. Then a modeling competition's prize money lures her from behind the register and into the blinding spotlight, unaware of what the cost could be to her heart...

Avery is giving away an ebook version of For His Eyes Only. To be entered, go to her website and find the answer to this question: What month does my debut novel, Sexy by Design, release in paperback?

Please welcome Avery Beck!
***

Don't Open 'Til Christmas


As I write this blog, I’m preparing for a long day of Christmas shopping. I have two kids, family and friends to buy for, and usually I do most of it online and am long finished by the first week of December without any hassle. This year, November was exceptionally busy and I fell behind…therefore no online shopping, because everything wouldn’t ship in time…therefore I’ve no choice but to face the masses in brick-and-mortar stores.

The good news is, hubby and I get to drop the kiddos off at Grandma’s house and spend the day together. In this case, I don’t mind the crowds, lines, lack of inventory and parking spaces six miles out. Those things, along with the holiday decorations and music, add to my festive mood when I know I don’t have to fear any sudden explosive tantrums. The problem is, I have no idea what to buy for individuals who have everything they need, can buy anything they want, and probably won’t care for whatever I come up with to give them because we have completely different tastes.

And that’s just the adults.

It’s no fun to shop for people who all have more money and fewer children than me. There’s nothing I can buy for them that they can’t buy for themselves. There’s nothing I can dream up that they don’t already own. Whatever happened to putting an item on your wish list and hoping someone would be kind enough to purchase it for you? My husband, though I love him dearly, is terrible about this. He’ll mention something he wants, into my mental shopping list it will go, and then bam---he goes off and buys it. Over and over again, no matter how close it is to December---and then he expects I’ll come up with something new that will thrill him on Christmas morning. Hello? You took all my ideas already! Sigh.

Please tell me I’m not alone in this. Do you know anyone who is impossible to buy for? What kinds of gifts do you buy for them---and do they like what you pick out? With any luck, by the time you read this, I’ll have a closet full of shiny, wrapped gifts…and maybe some time to write again. Happy holidays!

Labels:

12Comments:

Blogger limecello said...

Hi Avery! (And Elisabeth) Yes! I know how you feel! My entire [immediate] family is impossible to shop for. And finally :X those are the only people who get presents. My other friends and I just came to unspoken agreements to not get presents. And my extended family is too huge - we'd all go bankrupt if we tried gift exchanges.
My family has taken to writing lists. I demand lists. And then I tell them they're not allowed to buy anything off the list until post Christmas. :P

Oh- and answer to the question? March 2010

1:31 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Hi Avery,
I do know people who have everything and I never know what to get them for their birthday and Christmas. I wish they would just tell me outright what they hope for.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Some of my family I have no problem getting gifts for but one or two are next to impossible to shop for and I just give them gift cards. I don't really like giving them but at least they can pick out something that they like.
sstrode@scrtc.com

2:02 PM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

Hi Avery

I am pretty lucky, I don't have any really impossible people on my list. My dh is really good about not buying himself any gifts the month of December, so the surprise gifts he gets are fun for both of us. I would give baked goodies to relatives I only saw at Christmas, and now that all the kids in the family are getting older, we will pick names for next year's gift giving.

answer:March 2010

caity_mack(at)yahoo(dot)com

2:26 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Oops, forgot to answer the question. "Sexy by Design" will be released in paperback in March 2010.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Monica McCabe said...

I solve that pesky 'what to buy for...' problem by making Christmas candy for everybody. Yeah, I spend some time in the kitchen, but I must be doing something right because I get emails saying..."you're sending me the stuff this year, right?"

Answer: March 2010 (I've got it noted on the calendar too) :~)

3:10 PM  
Blogger The Scarf Princess said...

I always buy gift cards because my family never knows what they want when you ask them. So this way I know they can buy whatever they want.

And today's answer is March 2010.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Stacey Smith said...

Yes I find older people hard to find thing for thay allready have evry thing thay want.
Happy Holidays
Answer:March 2010
sasluvbooks@yahoo.com

4:13 PM  
Blogger Jennifer D. said...

Yeah, I'm in the same boat - I always have someone on my list that is hard to buy for. I usually poll my friends for ideas and hope for the best.

The answer to the question is March 2010.

Thanks.

PS - I read the new book - Stolen Seduction - loved it!!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Fedora said...

Hi, Avery! Yes, I have to agree--that type of shopping isn't terribly fun. Sometimes I ask for suggestions, or I go for gift cards or tickets to something or a certificate for some kind of service or restaurant. Either something for the person to go to or for us to go together. Best wishes with the shopping!

And Sexy By Design's out in paperback March 2010--congrats!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Avery Beck said...

Hi all! Just want to swing by and say thanks for reading my guest post--good luck with any last-minute shopping! :-)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Booklover1335 said...

Hi Avery & Elizabeth,
I have all sorts of hard people to buy for and it seems as we get older we rely on them telling us what they want, which then takes all of the fun and surprise out of it. I don't know what the answer is except maybe we have all that we really need without buying anything new.

That being said I would love to win For His Eyes only because you can never have too many romance books!

Your 1st print book comes out March 2010.

cldivineATyahooDOtcom

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com