Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Friday, December 18, 2009 :~:

30 Days of Treasure Hunting! - DAY 3 - Genene Valleau!

Still time to enter:


Welcome author Genene Valleau to the blog!

With twenty years experience working in social services, Genene Valleau usually writes dramatic stories of people who overcome traumatic events on their way to happily ever after. CHASING RAINBOWS, which will be published in A Valentine's Anthology in February 2010, is her first romantic comedy. Genene enjoyed this change of pace so much that another romantic comedy is in the works for 2011. She is also working on a series of nine books that return to drama, action and romance. Please visit her Web site at for her latest releases and contests.

Genene's upcoming release is Chasing Rainbows in the Valentine Anthology, which releases on Valentine's Day 2010:


CHASING RAINBOWS drops you into the world of a young woman who yearns for a “normal” family, but instead has an eccentric aunt, an inventive uncle, a mother who wears poodle skirts and a brother who wears pearls. However, none of her family can discourage the man who knew she would be his wife from the time her faux breasts fell on his spit-shined shoes.

Today Genene is giving away a a plush white Christmas stocking that contains an autographed copy of FEATHERS ON THE FLOOR, a white angel bear, and an angel ornament. All you have to do is answer this question: What are the names of Julia's Cabot's children in FEATHERS ON THE FLOOR?

Welcome, Genene!

***

Are Angels Real?


So far, I've written two holiday stories for publication: FEATHERS ON THE FLOOR, which has been described as a "feel-good Christmas story," and CHASING RAINBOWS, which will be released on Valentine's Day 2010. I enjoyed writing both of those holiday stories and yes, more holiday stories are being planned.

Since we are in the middle of the Christmas season, a blog post about FEATHERS ON THE FLOOR seemed appropriate. In that book, Julia Cabot's four-year-old twins firmly believe in angels, and wish for an angel for their mother, who arrives as sexy bodyguard Mitch Garrison. After the twins are kidnapped, celestial beings seem to guide the way to rescuing the children--just in time for a Christmas morning celebration.

What about in the lives of real people? Do angels visit people like you and me? From stories both online and in books, many people say yes, they have been visited by angels. These visits have been described in a variety of ways: as a voice sternly warning not to go into a certain store that the person later found out was being robbed, or hands taking over the steering wheel of a car to avoid an accident, or a ten-foot tall being in white robes standing between a person and danger. Whatever form they take, real-life people say angels have come to them in emergencies, in times of great sorrow or serious illness, or as reassurance that their deceased loved ones are doing fine.

Critics may explain these incidents as hallucinations or tricks of the light or label people who believe in angels as "crazy." However, stories of angel visits continue to accumulate every day.

My celestial experiences don't involve white-robed, golden-haired visitors. My experiences usually come as an inner voice that steers me in day-to-day situations. Oh yeah, and I see angels in the eyes of my herd of doggies who offer love, trust, forgiveness and sloppy kisses with great joy.

How about you? Do you believe in angels? Have you had an experience with angels you'd like to share?

Labels:

22Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thank you very much for introducing me to Genene Valleau. I enjoyed her post here and went to her site and her blog. I love Suspense Romance and Feathers sounds like an intriguing read. I could not find mention of the names of the children anywhere though. The blurb just says children and here it is clarified as four-year-old twins.
:)
I was in a massive car accident with my sister when we were hit from behind by a speeding stolen car which destroyed our car, twisted the seats and snapped the seatbelts off of us. But we only suffered whiplash and shock. We both said, after a few 360 degrees spins before crashing into a ditch, `Thank you Grampa`. Out of blue. But we both felt he had saved us. That is our angel story.
:)
Merry Christmas,
RKCharron
PS - Is Genene on Twitter...I could not find her.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, RK!

And for all others looking for the answer to the question of the children's names, it's on the books page of my Web site. (Here's the url: http://www.genenevalleau.com/BooksRockTrilogy.html) You might have to scroll down a bit, as it's tucked into a short blurb with the question, "Do You Believe in Angels?"

Thanks for sharing your angel story. When I was doing research and reading angel stories, many of them were about angels helping in times of crisis or accidents. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? I'm so glad you and your sister were relatively unharmed from what sounds like a horrible crash.

I'm not on Twitter, but I do have a Facebook page. This is probably not the place to confess that I don't spend much time on social networks or even-- gasp!--blogs. A guest spot every week or so. But my herd of doggies and other interests, such as that series of books, keep me busy and relatively out of trouble.

Thanks for stopping in, RK, and happy holidays!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

An apology beforehand and thanks in advance for being patient with me if I don't respond to comments right away. I've had a couple things come up (good things!) that will take me away from the computer for some chunks of time today. But I will respond to everyone!

Thanks so much for coming to comment and help celebrate the release of Elisabeth's latest book, STOLEN SEDUCTION. And thank you, Elisabeth, for having me as a guest blogger!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Kaylin McFarren said...

Hi Elizabeth and Genene! Looking forward to reading both of your books. :D

In regard to angels, I don't think they're always visible - kinda like that inner voice warning you to turn the wheel or to change your travel plans - and mine is always looking over my shoulder. I like to think it's my father who's passed on. I also have a living one in my daughter, Kristina... just as determined to keep me on the right track. If not for both of them, who knows what kind of trouble I'd get into. :P

Kaylin

http://www.kaylinmcfarren
Stories that touch the soul...
Flaherty's Crossing
Champagne Books, Feb. 2010

11:13 AM  
Blogger The Scarf Princess said...

The answer is.....Abraham and Angelina.

I do believe in them. I became a quadraplegic at the age of four due to a farming and was told by every doctor I'd be dead in 6 months. Well, someone is watching over me because it's now 34 years later.

11:40 AM  
Blogger darcy said...

I believe in angels. Science can't explain everything. People need hope and belief in the supernatural provides that!

darcy

11:47 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I do believe in angels, but have never had an experience. The names of Julia's children are Angelina and Abraham.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Abraham and Angelina

I don't have an angel stories. I lead a pretty sedate life. LOL

Fun post, Genene!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I believe angels are around us all the time. I also believe that they can appear and help you--hence the stranger that came during an accident and pulled the children out of the car but no one could find him later.

If you read the Bible you'll find all sorts of accounts of angels and not just Michael and Gabriel.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

4:57 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

Angelina and Abraham Cabot

I believe in angels; they help in many situations and protect us.

I checked out Genene's book and it sounds like a very interesting story I'd like to read.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I believe in angels there's times when I feel like there's someone watching out for me. I'm a speed demon and I know if someone wasn't watching out for me I would have had a bad wreck by now.
sstrode@scrtc.com

7:31 PM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Kaylin! So glad you stopped by. From perusing your Web site, it sounds like your father was indeed a great teacher in your life.

Not sure if I'd like angelic guidance all the time, though--even if it is from a loving child. :) It's quite amusing to have a grown child cross-examine where you've been, especially if that same child was less than forthcoming as a teenager. LOL!

Congratulations on your upcoming release!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hey, Joder! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you outlived all expectations--and probably the doctors who made the predictions!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Darcy!

"Science can't explain everything." But I'm becoming fascinated by quantum physics, which is loosely defined as everything that can't be explained by current scientific theories. Movies like "What the Bleep Do We Know" raise many interesting questions about what we have accepted as "facts." In addtion, it makes very interesting fodder for stories.

Thank you for stopping by!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Jane! Thanks for stopping by and entering the contest. Very cool that you believe in angels even though you haven't had a personal experience with them. The power of belief is awesome!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Paty!

I don't think your life is "sedate" at all--you do so many interesting things!

Thank you for stopping by and entering the contest!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Meredith!

"I believe angels are around us all the time." I like this! It's comforting to know, isn't it?

So glad you took time from your busy schedule to stop by. I took a look at your Web site, which is jam-packed with books you've written and appearances you've made. Looks like you have an organizer angel as well as a writing angel on your team!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Robyn!

So glad you stopped by and glad FEATHERS ON THE FLOOR sounded interesting to you. Most of the time I enjoyed writing it, but the hero leaned toward strong and silent when I needed him to share a few more of his thoughts so I could write the book. LOL! He finally spoke up. :)

Thanks for entering the contest!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hey, Sherry! I'm glad angels are watching over you. Perhaps they like zooming around too!

Glad you slowed down long enough to stop by. :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Many thanks to all who stopped by to say hello, enter the contest, and just share a few moments of time.

Thanks also to Elisabeth for having me today, and congratulations on the release of STOLEN SEDUCTION!

8:57 PM  
Blogger tetewa said...

Angelina and Abraham are their names, enjoyed the post today!

11:52 AM  
Blogger donnas said...

Great post.

I have not experienced Angels but I do firmly believe they exist.

Answer - Angelina and Abraham

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com