Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Thursday, December 17, 2009 :~:

30 Days of Treasure Hunting! - DAY 2 - Vivi Anna!

Don't forget to enter my STOLEN SEDUCTION Release Contest!


And now I'm thrilled to welcome author Vivi Anna to the blog!

2008 Romantic Times Reviewer Choice Winner and Canadian author, Vivi Anna likes to burn up the pages with her unique brand of fantasy fiction. Whether it's in the Amazon jungle, an apocalyptic future, or the otherworld city of Necropolis, Vivi always writes fast paced action-adventure with strong independent women that can kick some butt, and dark delicious heroes to kill for.

Vivi Anna's current release is The Bewitching Hour, a Valorian Chronicles story

Witch Fiona Woodland hopes fate brought her and sexy crime scene investigator Hector Morales together at her cousin's wedding in the Otherworld city of Necropolis. In his arms she feels graceful and beautiful, and the promise of his kiss takes her breath away. Then everything around them starts going wrong, making Fiona think it's a sign their union isn't meant to be....

But the burning desire between Fiona and Hector cannot be refused. And before the night is out, Hector will show how he feels with a night of pleasure that will leave them both bewitched....

Today Vivi Anna is giving away a $25 Amazon Gift Card!!! To be entered into the drawing go to Vivi Anna's Website and find the answer to this question: What Vivi Anna book was just recently nominated for a RT Reviewer’s Choice Award? Be sure to leave the answer in the comment section of this post.

Welcome Vivi Anna!

***

This time of the year always has me pondering the last 12 months especially in the terms of books I’ve read. I really dived into YA this year and have found the most enjoyable books. Some of my top books ever I’ve found in the past year, a lot of them YA, some of them in UF. I also find I have been searching and looking for more of the same. Here are some of the types of books I’d love to see more of in 2010.

More romantic scifi – I really dig Ann Aguirre’s Sirantha Jax series and I’d love to see more of this type of book More dark UF – I really loved Caitlin Kittredge’s Steet Magic, it’s set in London and it’s really creepy and dark. More different UF – loved Norse Code by Greg van Eekhout, it was way different than what’s out there right now, I would love to see publishers take a chance on more of this type of book
More groundbreaking YA – some of my faves in this genre, Suzanne Collin’s Hunger Games and Catching Fire, Michael Grant’s Gone and Hunger.

What would you love to see more of in 2010? What were some of your fave story lines in 2009?

Labels:

24Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vivi and Elizabeth and thanks for this great contest !

VIVI, I know what you mean about diving into YA this year. Some months ago I was offered Gone Too Far by Jennifer Echols and it was a revelation (lol). Until then I admit I was a bit prejudiced (truly I would never have baught this book myself). It turned out I loved it so much I had to read more YA. There are so many sub-genres to discover I know I'll be busy next year !

Now about the contest, the answer is : THE VAMPIRE'S QUEST

Thanks again !

12:46 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

H Elisabeth and Vivi!
Vivi, I like Ann Aguirre's books too and I hope there will coming more! and I'm waiting for more books by Nalini Singh and Gena Showalter. then there is the (I think) 9th book of Rachel Caines Weather Wardens I'm waiting for...oh, 2010 will be a great year!

todays answer: THE VAMPIRE'S QUEST has been nominated for a RT Reviewer's Choice Award for best Nocturne of 2009 - btw, congrats!!!

Have a great day!
Ina

12:52 AM  
Blogger Sherry said...

First the answer is: The Vampire Quest
Authors that I'm waiting on are Jayne Ann Krentz, Linda Howard, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan and the list goes on and on. I love paranormal books and would love to see more especially shifter books I can't get enough of them I also like romantic suspense.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way cool thanks ladies

the vampire's quest
congrats hop e u win
looking forward to leslie kelly
vicki thompson

kim h
kimehak@yahoo.com

9:58 AM  
Blogger Blodeuedd said...

Hi Elizabeth and Vivi!
I totally forgot this started yesterday, silly me. but here now.
Awesome prize for sure :)

The answer is The Vampire's Quest.

Waiting for, well the 3rd part of The Hunger Games trilogy, I really want to know what happens

10:01 AM  
Blogger Jennifer D. said...

Hello,

The answer to the trivia question is The Vampire's Quest.

I'm looking forward to a lot of books in 2010 including Stephanie Tyler's continuing trilogy. I also just ordered Stolen Seduction from BN.com and it should be here tomorrow. :-)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Pam P said...

Congrats on the nominationf for The Vampire's Quest, Vivi.

I'm an Ann Aguirre fan, too, and love Nalini Singh, both series, especially the Pys/Changelings. Also by CS Harris - The Sebastian St. Cyr mysteries; I'd like to see more historical mysteries like this.

1:04 PM  
Blogger limecello said...

Hi Vivi and Elisabeth!
Great post - I've been pondering this past year, and the past decade!
As for what I'd like to see more of... well, straight romances, to be honest. Maybe it's somehow the books I stumbled upon, but each is trying to do... too much. Not ever book needs mob wars, or super bullet dodging characters. Sometimes, it's nice to slow down and just read about the relationship between a hero and heroine. After all, that's why I chose to read romances!

Otherwise - some of my favorites this past year? Relentless by Lauren Dane. Smooth Talking Stranger and Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas. Oh and Sweet Seduction by Maya Banks :D

And the answer to the question? The Vampire's Quest! Congrats on the RT nom!

1:14 PM  
Blogger The Scarf Princess said...

Today's answer is: The Vampire's Quest.

I'm definitely waiting for the next Demonica book, the next IAD book, and the last in the Hunger Games series.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Vivi Anna said...

Thanks ladies for coming out to blog with me.

And thanks for the congrats on the award nomination. I am very pumped about it. If I win it will two years in a row. That would be the coolest thing ever.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thank you for having Vivi here today. I love all fantastical elements in storytelling. UF, YA Fantasy, PR, Fantasy, etc. :)
The answer to the question is
THE VAMPIRE'S QUEST
:)
Happy Holidays,
RKCharron

6:42 PM  
Blogger Eva S said...

The answer is The Vampire's Quest

I'm looking forward to books by Nalini Singh, Lara Adrian, Christine Feehan and Sherrilyn Kenyon. I love paranormals, especially vampires!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Chelsea B. said...

I'm pretty easy to please. I love anything supernatural, so if authors keep writing that in 2010, I'll keep reading it:-)

Answer-- THE VAMPIRE'S QUEST

1:14 AM  
Blogger s7anna said...

Answer : The Vampire's Quest

Happy Holidays
Anna Shah Hoque
s7anna@yahoo.ca

2:33 AM  
Blogger Fedora said...

Vivi, congrats on the RT nod for The Vampire's Quest! Well deserved!!

And I'm anxious for a lot of authors to continue to stories this coming year! I can't wait for Ann Aguirre/Ava Gray's next installments (not until later next year unfortunately! I'm not terribly patient!) and GA Aiken's Dragons. Monica McCarty's got a new series to start in the new year, and that ought to be a good one, too :)

Fortunately my TBR's pretty big, so hopefully I'll get distracted and won't be waiting and waiting too long!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Rhonny Reaper said...

THE VAMPIRE'S QUEST was nominated for the RT Reviewer's Choice Award for best Nocturne of 2009 Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
RhonnyReaper@yahoo.com

8:18 AM  
Blogger throuthehaze said...

The Vampire's Quest is the answer.

Raelena
throuthehaze at gmail dot com

10:18 AM  
Blogger robynl said...

THE VAMPIRE'S QUEST was nominated for the RT Reviewer's Choice Award for best Nocturne of 2009. A big congrats Vivi.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

THE VAMPIRE'S QUEST was teh book nominated, congrats Vivi!

I am absolutely digging into the YA as well. I really loved Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins and Fire by Kristin Cashore.

I want to see more Steampunk in 2010... really getting into that lately. :)

8:06 PM  
Blogger tetewa said...

Thhe Vampire's Quest is the answer! Sounds like my kind of read.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

"The Vampire's Quest" was just nominated. Congrats on the nomination, Vivi. I have noticed the popularity of YA, but I haven't yet read any. I did read my first urban fantasy book this year and I enjoyed it very much.

2:58 PM  
Blogger donnas said...

Answer - The Vampire's Quest

I still love paranormals and am hoping we get some great new ones released next year.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

Congrats on the "The Vampire Quest nomination, Vivi!

I'm looking forward to Sherrilyn Kenyon, J.R. Ward, Linda Howard, Suzanne Brockmann, Roxanne St. Claire, etc. There are more but I think that is enough for now! LOL!

Thanks for the great contest!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Dovile said...

The answer: The Vampire's Quest
Congrats!

If it's open internationally, please, enter me too.

spamscape [at] gmail [dot] com

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com