Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 :~:

30 Days of Treasure Hunting! - DAY 14 - Paty Jager!

Click the widget to enter:

stolen seduction
share image
enter today
go to book
My guest today is author Paty Jager!

Wife, mother, grandmother, and the one who cleans pens and delivers the hay; award winning author Paty Jager has not only brought her husband of thirty years to maturity, but four children and over a hundred head of cattle and swine. She not only writes the western lifestyle, she lives it.

She has four historical western romance novels and one contemporary western, which won the 2008 Best Contemporary Romance EPPIE. To learn more about Paty, her books, and to enter her website contest go to www.patyjager.net.

Paty's latest release is MINER IN PETTICOATS:

Shouldering the burdens of his family and the mining community, Ethan Halsey devotes himself to providing for his brothers’ growing families. However, Aileen Miller, a widow, also looking out for her family’s interests, refuses to part with the land he needs. As they battle- one to push his dream to reality and the other to prove no man will hurt her again- their lives become enmeshed and their hearts collide.

Paty is giving away a copy of PERFECTLY GOOD NANNY, plus some other mystery goodies. Do be entered in her giveaway, simply answer this question: Which of Paty's covers features a wolf?

Welcome, Paty!

***

As you can see by the titles on my website, I have a problem deciding what I want to write. The main constant is they are all western themed stories, but I can't decide if I want to do historical, contemporary, or paranormal. Does it bother you to have an author skip around in genres? Or as long as the theme is the same are you okay with the different genres? If you had to pick historical, contemporary, or paranormal which would you prefer to read?

Labels:

26Comments:

Blogger Ina said...

Hi Paty!
I see it that way: you are looking for your own way and therefore you try more genres (or you like to write in different genres...) - it doesn't disturb me as long as I like the stories you write...you have a main theme and I really like your golden thread! at the moment the paranormal genre is my favorite one ;)
wish you all the best *hugs*
Ina

todays answer: Spirit of the mountain (btw, the cover is really fantastic!!!)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I really enjoyed "Marshal in Petticoats." I do follow my favorite authors as they write in different genres. There are certain authors in which I prefer their historicals to their contemporaries and vice versa. The cover of "Spirit of the Mountain" features a wolf.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Elisabeth, Thanks for having me here today!

And you will all notice my website is behind. My daughter who takes care of it has been moving and getting settled along with the holidays and three small children, so I've given her some slack on the updates. ;)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Hi Ina,

I slipped into the paranormal by default. I wrote about Indian spirits and therefore it put me in paranormal when I really think of my book as historical romance.

Thanks for stopping by and entering!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Hi Jane, I'm glad you liked my first book.

Thank you for stopping by and entering!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

I'd like to add, Miner in Petticoats is nominated for Best Western of 2009 at http://www.lovewesternromaces.com if you've read the book or would like to vote and are interested in their giveaway hop on over and vote.

1:14 PM  
Blogger robinky42 said...

The answer is SPIRIT OF THE MOUNTAIN. It sounds like a good read.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Thanks Robin,

I'm anxious to get my release date for it.

2:30 PM  
Blogger booklover0226 said...

I don't mind if an author skips around in genre. I think it's good for the author to spread his/her wings and it gives me a chance to read another genre by my favorite author.

I'm a BIG paranormal fan but an author I like, who writes paranormal books, also writes western romances by another name. Yup, I'm on book 2 of her western series right now and I'm enjoying it!

Thanks,
Tracey D

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jennifer D. said...

Hello Paty,

It doesn't bother me for an author to skip around with different genres. However, I do have a preference for contemporary books and I read a bunch of historical books, too. For the paranormal genre, it really depends on the storyline and author.

Trivia answer - Spirit of the Mountain.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Tracey,

I'm glad you like to read other genres from the same author. I like seeing what authors can do in other genres as well.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Jennifer, thanks for commenting and entering the contest.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I read this one author who writes under three different names that I read and I love all of them. I think it's great when they try different genres. If I like a author I will try anything that they write at least once.

sstrode@scrtc.com

5:50 PM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Paty!

I hadn't seen your cover for SPIRIT OF THE MOUNTAIN. It's beautiful!

It doesn't bother me when authors write in different subgenres. The covers and back cover blurbs usually make it pretty clear what the book is about--and a peek inside or an excerpt online confirm the genre.

Good to talk to you here!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Debra St. John said...

If I find an author I like, I'm willing to stick with him/her even if the genre of each book changes. I kind of skip around and get into certain niches in my reading. I'll read contemporary for a while, then historicals, and even some paranormal. Basically, if I have a book in hand, I am a happy camper!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Sherry, that seems to be the norm. I'm glad to hear it.;)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Genene, I'm glad you like the cover and it's good to see/talk with you here. I love the cover! Can't wait to get all my promo together.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Debra, I'm the same way, if I like an author I usually like them no matter what the genre.

8:39 PM  
Blogger host said...

Hi!

I don't mind author changing as long as they stay true to themselves.

answer: Spirit of the mountain

12:18 AM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Thanks for stopping by, Host.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Hi, Paty! I tend to enjoy it when an author genre jumps, unless they are SO radically different that I need to be forewarned. It's neat to see how her voice/style can change from genre to genre.

And Spirit of the Mountain is the cover that features a wolf :)

--flchen1

4:24 PM  
Blogger SiNn said...

Hi Paty I love your work!


the answer is

The cover of "Spirit of the Mountain" features a wolf

4:31 PM  
Anonymous librarypat said...

Spirit of The Mountain has a wolf on the cover.
I like most genre. I read a lot of historical and suspense. Lately I've been adding paranormal.
librarypat AT comcast DOT net

4:46 PM  
Blogger Spav said...

The cover that features a wolf is Spirit of the Mountain.

And to answer your question, if one of my favourites authors started writing other genres, I wouldn't have a problem because I don't read books based on the author. I read books based on the story. I'm not a big fan of historicals, so if they started writing that, it's very probable that I wouldn't read the book.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous librarypat said...

Forgot to answer the first part of your questions. It doesn't bother me if an author writes in different genres as long as they do it well. There are quite a few who do a good job in contemporary, historical and paranormal.
A wolf is on the cover of Spirit of The Mountain.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Spirit of the Mountain! :)

Usually it doesn't bother me if an author jumps genres; a good book's a good book. I have to admit to having paranormal leanings, though. ;)

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com