Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Monday, August 17, 2009 :~:

SWAG? And other ramblings...

I think I have post-contest let-down. LOL After a month of whirlwind blog guests and giveaways, my measly posts feel rather boring.

Ah, well...

I mentioned below that I was in Montana all last week visiting family. My SIL (brilliant!) is an econ professor at the University of Montana in Missoula. My brother is going to grad school at Montana State in Bozeman. I, of course, didn't realize they belonged to two different schools until my brother gave me an MSU sweatshirt that was too small for him and claimed his wife would never wear it. Quick, I am, I tell you...but that's a whole other story. Montana is beautiful, and we had a great trip. And a road trip right after the release of STOLEN HEAT was a good idea because I got to sign stock all over the Northwest.


That's me signing stock at Wal-Mart in Missoula.


So now that I'm back from vacation, my blog appearances for HEAT are winding down and I'm feeling human again, I'm back at the grindstone working on that second paranormal book. It feels good to be a working member of society again, and in another three weeks my house will be quiet so I can actually get work done during the day.

This Friday I'm the guest at the Beaverton Powell's book club meeting. They chose STOLEN FURY for their August read and asked me to come up and visit about the book. I'll be signing, answering questions and chatting about FURY and HEAT and the whole Stolen Series. If you're in the area, the book club meets in the World Cup cafe, just outside the Beaverton Powell's store. Meeting starts at 7pm.

And then...lucky me...I get to have throat surgery next week to try to repair the damage done to my vocal chords from my hospital stay in June. This first surgery is really minor - just to close the open (paralyzed) left vocal chord and try to figure out what the real problem is. I don't expect it to be a big issue except for the general anesthesia (oh, joy!) and the fact I can't talk at all for three days after. (Obviously, my doctor has never been to my house...he has no idea what this is going to be like for me...) But, the good news is hopefully after this surgery I will no longer sound like the 2-pack a day lifelong smoker I sound like now. (And no, I'm not now, nor have I ever been, a smoker.)

Okay, I think I rambled enough. I do have a question I need help with tho...for the Powell's book club meeting on Friday, the organizer told me to bring whatever SWAG I wanted. I'm not so hip on the urban dictionary, so I had to look it up. I'm guessing she didn't mean 'scientific wild ass guess' though I like that and now have to figure out a way to slip that into a book somewhere. I'm assuming she meant 'stuff we all get'. So........you tell me...what kind of giveaways should I take to the book club meeting? What would you like to get?

Labels: ,

11Comments:

Blogger Mary G said...

Hi Elisabeth
First - I hope all goes well with your surgery. My family loves it when I can't yell.
With one book I won, the author also sent me a pen with her name & logo, magnets with her books covers & a card that looks like the cover of the book which was signed. Another author sent me recipe cards (on the other side was stuff about her books) I don't know how quickly you could get that together.If I was there you'd be swag enough for me LOL.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Mary G said...

bookmarks are good too.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Kendra said...

Chocolate.

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Patricia Barraclough said...

Bookmarks for everyone are always good. Actually the suggestions from the other 3 posts are excellent.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

bookmarks, definitely!

pens are great. actually, someone was giving away mechanical pencils with their name on them, and that i really appreciated!

have fun, and good luck!!! with the surgery!

~bella

8:34 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Hi Elisabeth!
First at all - good luck with your surgery *hug*
bookmarks are a great idea, pens and flyers too... Once I got a mousepad with the cover of the book on it - that was cute!
Have fun!
Ina

6:36 AM  
Blogger Julie Robinson said...

Elisabeth,
Good luck with your surgery. I hope it goes well for you and that this is your last one!

Cute pic of you signing books at WM.

If I were there, pens and bookmarks would be great. To add a little excitement, maybe you could have a door prize giveaway of your book at the end.

Good luck with everything,
Julie

8:36 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Great suggestions, everyone! Thanks so much. I'll be putting together goodie bags tomorrow, so I'll let you know what I decided on.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Larissa Ione said...

Missoula! OMG, my favorite town in Montana, and my second favorite town in the U.S.! (#1 is Bend, OR.)

Whenever my husband and I have to travel from coast to coast for a move or visit somewhere, we make an effort to go through Missoula, and we always eat at the McKenzie River Pizza Co.

Last time through, I had to use the one 24 hour vet in the town to put my beloved cat to sleep at 2 AM, and though it was the most horrible experience of my life. Missoula means even more to me now. We would LOVE to retire there or nearby.

Anyway, hope the surgery goes well!!!!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Hi Elisabeth,
Ouch! I hope your surgery goes well next week and you recover quickly. Man, I can only imagine the liberties my kids would take if I couldn't talk for three days!

I love that you just popped into the Missoula Walmart and signed copies of your books there!

Hope you had fun at last night's book club meeting. That sounds like a lot of fun.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Marie Chase said...

Awesome blog you have heree

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com