Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Friday, August 14, 2009 :~:

Freebie Day #31 - Guest Author Karin Tabke!

First things first. A little light housekeeping...

I had one guest author who missed her day so we've rescheduled her for tomorrow. That means you have TWO more days to enter my big STOLEN HEAT contest (I'm extending it by a day). I will take entries for the contest up through 11:59pm PST Saturday, August 15, 2009. That ALSO means you get one more freebie guest author day, so check back on Saturday.

Have you entered the STOLEN HEAT contest yet? If not, get on it. Prizes include (just to refresh your memory):

1st Prize: $100 VISA Gift Card
2nd Prize: $20 Barnes & Noble Gift Card
3rd Prize: Autographed copies of the first two Stolen books:
STOLEN FURY & STOLEN HEAT


Go to Enter STOLEN HEAT Contest or click the link below:

stolen heat
enter contest
share image
buy book
elisabeth naughton
And now, I'm thrilled to tell you who our guest author is today. Pocket author Karin Tabke!

For a long time, controlled chaos ruled Karin's life. Busy mother of four, owner of her own successful business and wife to a street cop, she harbored thoughts of twisting plots and hot romantic scenes. Now, with only one child left at home and hubby retired from law enforcement, Karin happily pounds out those steamy scenes at her keyboard.

Still semi-distracted by her adult children (Yay! no more phone calls from the high school!) and her husband now a successful football coach (Yay! No more worrying when he’s out on the street!), Karin turns out stories about hot cops, bold knights, and the women who bring them to their knees.

A full time writer, Karin draws on a lifetime of stories and backdrops that few outside of the law enforcement community ever see, let alone hear about. Controlled chaos now reins supreme through the pages she writes where hot heroes serve, protect, and pleasure from page one to The End.

Karin's latest release is MASTER OF CRAVING, book three in the Blood Sword Legacy series:

Eight mercenary knights, each of them base born, each of them bound by unspeakable torture in a Saracen prison, each of them branded with the mark of the sword for life. Each of their destinies marked by a woman.

‘Twas whispered along the Marches the demon knights who rode upon black horses donned in black mail wielding black swords would slay any man, woman or child who dared look upon them. ‘Twas whispered their loyalty was only to the other and no man could split them asunder, nor was there enough gold or silver in the kingdom to buy their oath. ‘Twas well known each of them was touched not by the hand of God but by Lucifer himself.

‘Twas also whispered, but only by the bravest of souls, that each Blood Sword was destined to find only one woman in all of Christendom who would bear him and only him sons, and until that one woman was found, he would battle and ravage the land...

…but the darkest secret whispered was that there was one among them whose violent craving for the one woman he could not have would be the spark that would set an entire region on fire, and nearly bring down a kingdom, with the aftermath to be felt for the next thousand years.

"Tabke's alpha heroes and strong-willed women captivate. Her third Blood Sword Legacy novel is a powerful battle-of-wills love story that resonates with the atmosphere of the era and simmering passion, betrayals and
politics that add depth to a stirring tale.
"
-- Romantic Times

"The third book in the Blood Sword Legacy series starts with a captivatingly gripping scene, and each new compelling scenario contains additional attention-grabbing circumstances.. Karin Tabke has created a rewarding masterpiece, one to be savored again and again."
--Amelia Singletitle.com

Please welcome Karin to the blog!!

***

Thank you Elisabeth for having me!

1) What kind of books do you love to read and how do those stories impact your own writing?
I love dark, edgy sexy as hell reads. Hmm, maybe that’s why I write them?

2) What are you working on presently? What about upcoming releases?
I’m working on my first L.O.S.T., Last Option Special Team, book. The Dirty Dozen meets Mission Impossible with a slight paranormal element. No boundaries! It’s hawt! Look for it next June!

3) What’s the best compliment you ever got on your writing or book(s)?
You made me laugh, you made me cry, you made me sigh. I can’t stop thinking about your characters.

4) What’s your writing schedule like?
Manic. I write most days. I’ll write 20 pages one day, 4 the next and 20 again the next day, crash for a day then pick it back up. Primarily I’m a night writer. 11p.m. to 4 a.m. I am at my most productive. I love to write at night when the house is quiet.

5) If you could be one character from any book you’re read or written who would it be and why?
I’d be any one of my heroines, doesn’t matter which. And if you’ve read any of my books and know how scrumptious my heroes are you’d know why!

Find Karin at the following places:
www.karintabke.com
www.twitter.com/karintabke
www.facebook.com/karin.tabke
www.myspace.com/karintabke
www.MurderSheWrites.com
wanna say hello or ask a question? Karin@KarinTabke.com

A KNIGHT TO REMEMBER Free Read!
http://www.simonandschuster.com/giveaways/karin-tabke-free-download

***

Karin is giving away a copy of MASTER OF SURRENDER, book one in the Blood Sword Legacy series. To be entered into the drawing, simply answer the following question:

Who's your favorite alpha hero of all time?

Labels: ,

33Comments:

Blogger Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

I have two favorite alpha male heroes and they are Zarek from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Darkhunter series and Zsadist from J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Zita said...

My favourite alpha has to be Aragorn. Or maybe it's just Viggo. No, no, definitely Aragorn :-)

4:27 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Acheron

5:15 AM  
Blogger Blodeuedd said...

All time, that is big...hm, there are those I love, and to choose one, must go with Z from BDB by Jr Ward. He is grr

5:29 AM  
Blogger Mary G said...

I have & LOVE LOVE LOVE all of Karin's contemp books - so hot. I'll have to try the others. I don't have one fave. I love Navy seals, firemen, athletes, special ops guys. Now I can add "rakish thief" & "antiquity dealer" to the list LOL.

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Amy M said...

I think Jack from Wicked Ties by Shayla Black and Gray Montgomery from Sweet Surrender by Maya Banks.

But in all honesty, I love them all! Give me a strong, dominant, alpha male and he is my favorite :)

Thanks!
Amy M

5:53 AM  
Blogger Amanda from Novel Addiction said...

Favorite alpha male of all time?! Tough question! It would have to be Vane from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series. A super yummy Werehunter, of course he's number one!

Thanks!
Morning Glow
ohmorningglow AT aol DOT com

6:05 AM  
Blogger Heather D said...

Wow, Master of Craving, sounds like it is going to be off the charts! I am adding this series to my WL!!

My favorite alpha male is Zsadist followed closely by Rhage!

6:51 AM  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

For me, it would be Lisa Kleypas' Derek Craven or Elizabeth Hoyt's Edward de Raaf.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Fedora said...

Just wanted to say hi, Karin! Alpha heroes are yummy--that take-charge aspect is very appealing. Suzanne Brockmann's SEALs tend to fit the bill very nicely :) (Please don't enter me--I've got MoS!)

7:43 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

LOL, Mary G. :) I'm glad you like my guys.

9:00 AM  
Blogger robynl said...

Chase from Sandra Brown's Texas Trilogy. Alpha for me.

9:08 AM  
Blogger jeanette8042 said...

I would have to say Acheron from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually it is Zsadist from J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I know he is a popular choice but he is so very bad and alpha and so damaged, you can't help but love the guy!

9:32 AM  
Blogger The Scarf Princess said...

I have to agree with other people on this. It's the two Zs, Kenyon's Zarek and Ward's Zsadist. They're flawed, tortured, and at first glance very unlikable. But love makes them the perfect heroes.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I can't say that I have a favorite although I do enjoy reading about them.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Babyblue22 said...

There's no way for me to decide! I love most Alpha Males! But one comes to mind from a book I read recently Shane Dominic from Beth Kery's Sweet Restraint!! He definitely takes control of the sitiation!
There's just something about a take charge in control kind of man... There's nothing like it!
~Afshan

10:05 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

Hi Karin, happy August! I can't believe you write all night! When do you sleep? ;-) I'm a night owl too, but still have an 8 y.o. at home who has to get to school on time. Sigh. We're not farmers anymore, why can't school start at 10 am? Or 9? Just sayin'... LOL!

Anyway, as to your question: my favorite hero of all time is probably Jamie, from Outlander.

I already have Master of Surrender.

Thanks!
~bella

10:18 AM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

My favorite is Roarke. His looks, power and love for Eve just does it for me.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

I don't have a favorite hero. There are too many awesome ones, including all of Karin's. :)

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Chelsea B. said...

I have no favorite! There are to many to pick from! :)

I love the way your book sounds, Karin!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Karin* said...

Of course I am bias and will say I love all of my heroes the best! Ty, Reese, Jase, Ricco, Rohan, Wulfson, Stefan and Zach. le sigh.

Bella! Baby! I don't have little kids. My clock revolves around moi!

12:47 PM  
Blogger TAMARA said...

WOW! This is a hard one. I think I have to say "Acheron" from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunters series. I absolutely have to mention a few others because they are sooo unforgettable! "Ranger" from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, "Anton Cheval" from Kate Douglas' Wolf Tales, "Joe Winston" from Lori Foster's "Say No To Joe" book, "Joe Miglioni" from Susan Andersen's "Hot and Bothered", "Sam Starrett" from Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters series.Oh, I have many more faves including "Peter Kaufman" from Elisabeth's "Stolen Heat". I just finished reading that one. YUM!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Refhater said...

You mean I have to pick just one?

After much consideration I was able to narrow my list down to the top 2. Ilya Prakenskii from Christine Feehan's Turbulent Sea and Steve Calhoun Karen Robards' Walking After Midnight.

1:24 PM  
Blogger I ♥ Book Gossip said...

My two favorite alpha male heroes are Fang from Sherrilyn Kenyon's dark hunter series and Wrath from J.R. Wards series.

cindyc725 at gmail dot com

2:14 PM  
Blogger ann alba said...

Grimm from to tame a highland warrior, Archeron from S Kenyon, Drake from Katie Macalister,I totally agree with ZITA Aragorn but for me its viggo too.
I also have to add ALL the BDB's men .

2:33 PM  
Blogger SiNn said...

so many to chose from id have to say my fav is Vane talk about yummy tho it was a hard choice and hi karen your work sounds awesome

3:07 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Wesley from the Princess Bride:)

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Patricia Barraclough said...

My favorite alpha hero is Hawkeye of Last of the Mohicans. Daniel Day-Lewis's portrayal in the movie was wonderful.
A close second is Viggo's Aragorn in Lord of the Rings.
Bought Master Of Craving today, but they didn't have the first two books. Need to find them before I start book 3.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Armenia said...

I'm a sappy romantic so I have to pick my all time favorite--Jamie Fraser of Outlander series.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Mitzi H. said...

I love the 1st Alpha Male Breed in Lora Leigh's series. I think he is my favorite, although I love all her breed books.

mitzihinkey at sbcglobal dot net

9:35 PM  
Blogger Karen H said...

Hard to pick just one so I'm going in for two and they are:

Derek Craven was a minor character in Then Came You and then became the hero of Dreaming Of You.

Rhett Butler, the original alpha hero IMHO...'nuff said!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Kainani said...

Gee this is a hard one. There are so many wonderful heroes that I can't just choose one. I like all the heroes metioned thus far so I'll list some that aren't mentioned:

-Maddox from Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series
-Bowen & Cadeon from Kresley Cole's The Immortals After Dark series
-Keir from Elizabeth Vaughan's Chronicles of the Warlands trilogy
-Conlan in Alyssa Day's Warriors of Poseidon series
-Jacob, Elijah & Noah in Jacquelyn Frank's The Nightwalkers series
-Drustan MacKeltar in Karen Marie Moning's The Highlander series.

Get the picture...my list is endess. LOL!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com