Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Thursday, August 13, 2009 :~:

Freebie Day #30 - Guest Author Liane Spicer!

Time is ticking. Only two days left to enter...

stolen heat
enter contest
share image
buy book
elisabeth naughton
Today's guest author is Liane Spicer!

After teaching high school for twenty-two years, Liane Spicer ran away and embarked on a more adventurous lifestyle, living by the Tolkien motto: "Not all who wander are lost." Café au Lait is her first novel.





Liane's latest release is CAFE AU LAIT:

Londoner Shari Zamore’s carefully constructed world is falling down around her ears, so she runs away to her family's home in Trinidad where she encounters Michael Chancery, a stubborn, sexy man determined to make her face all the things she desperately wants to forget. Her plan is to love him, leave him, and then return to the life she left on hold. But Michael doesn’t give up easily, and he’ll use every tool in his sensual arsenal, every moment of each heated tropical night to convince Shari that her place is on the island…and that his heart belongs to her.

"… a steamy, hot romance... I loved this book because of its brilliant flavor, rich aroma and the way it perked up my spirits."
- Romance Readers at Heart

“Even if the reader has never set foot in the Caribbean, the sights and sounds, perfectly described in this book, will make you feel like you're there... throw in some unexpected drama, and you've got yourself an entertaining novel."
–Romantic Times Book Reviews

Please welcome Liane to the blog!

***

1) What kind of books do you love to read and how do those stories impact your own writing?
My tastes run the gamut from the classics to romance, from thrillers to sci-fi, memoirs, biographies, the works. The exception is anything containing extremely graphic violence. There are two key elements in my choices, and genre isn’t one of them: one is story, and the other the quality of the writing. Reading has been a lifelong addiction and having spent most of my life immersed in books writing them seemed the next logical step. The impact of all those books on my own writing is visceral; I’m incapable of analyzing it.

2) What are you working on presently? What about upcoming releases?
I’m working on licking my second novel into shape. It’s romantic suspense and although the main characters are from the Caribbean, the setting is Miami this time around.

3) What’s the best compliment you ever got on your writing or book(s)?
My agent, Susan Schulman, was the second person to read my manuscript. (The first was a friend who read the first draft.) Susan said she loved the story and the writing and wanted to rep me, and I was floored because it was my first feedback from an industry pro. When she sold Café au Lait a few months later she said something along the lines of: “I’ve been in this business a long time and I can tell. You’re a writer. It’s what you do.” To date, her compliments are the ones I cherish the most.

4) What’s your writing schedule like?
I fit it in when and where I can since I do have a day job. I’m a moody writer in the sense that I write when the mood strikes me, so I need to develop the kind of routine where I sit and write whether or not I feel like it. I’m working on finding that discipline.

5) If you could be one character from any book you’re read or written who would it be and why?
I’ve never wanted to be anyone else but I do admit that the Isadora Wing character from Erica Jong’s How To Save Your Own Life makes me rather envious of her free-spiritedness and lack of inhibition, what with her two lovers in the afternoon and her headlong dive into a love affair with a friend’s son. If I had to wear someone else’s skin it would be hers or that of someone like her – but only in my fantasies!

***

Liane has donated a copy of CAFE AU LAIT to one lucky commenter. To be entered into th drawing, simply answer the following question:

Whose compliments do you cherish most and why?

Labels: ,

23Comments:

Blogger Zita said...

I cherish compliments from my mother the most. She was raised to be stingy with her praise, so compliments from her are rare. Don't get me wrong, she's very loving and supportive, just not verbal with it. I think her generation felt that too much praise would go to our heads :-)

4:20 AM  
Blogger Mary G said...

I like when people say that I'm funny & smart. Like Judge Judy says "Beauty fades - dumb is forever.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Amy M said...

When someone tells me that my kids are well behaved, especially when I am not there to witness it. That means that some of my constant reminders of "use your manners," "say please and thank you," are maybe sinking in! :)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Zita, your mother sounds a lot like mine: she certainly doesn't strew the compliments around, but is very free with criticisms! My great writing news (got an agent! sold my book! Herald feature!) doesn't exactly make her burst into cheers - so, I cherish the compliments from publishing industry pros and fellow writers who truly understand what I do and who are so generous with their support.

Good luck in the draw!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Mary G, thank you for entering and good luck in the draw! Judge Judy is a very wise lady. Funny & smart are good ones - you get to keep them for life.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Amy M, I know I glow when people compliment me on my son. I had a class once (back in my incarnation as a teacher) that almost drove me to despair, until another teacher complimented me on their behavior. I was so surprised, and the "maybe something's sinking in after all" feeling spurred me on to keep on trying with them.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I won't enter this competition as I've already been lucky enough to read this brilliant book.

Thanks for the interview.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Thank you for coming by, Debs!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Karen H said...

I think I cherish the compliments from my children most. Compliments from them are on the rare side, so when they are given, they mean a lot!

12:19 PM  
Blogger ann alba said...

I work inretail a big Chain of store's I take pride in what I do merchandising cleaning changing out units and waiting on customers the compliments I get from them mean a lot It let's me know that I am doing a good Job even though I am frazzled at times.
The other person who I love to hear compliments from Is my Mother in law she is a wonderful woman I am so grateful to have her in my life.

12:45 PM  
Blogger lrhubble said...

the compliments that I cherish the most are the ones that come from my guy becuase I know he always means them. :-)

Larena

1:08 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Compliments from my students mean the most; teaching hs special ed, compliments from them are very few and far between.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Karen H, I agree. Compliments from your children are precious indeed.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Hi Alba! That sort of feedback from your customers must make the job worthwhile, no matter how hectic things get. I think I envy you your mother in law!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Irwirum, ooh yes. I cherish those too. My (former) guy's compliments and encouragement are what got me to make a serious go of writing and I'll always be grateful to him for that.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Cathi, those must be really special. I used to teach at what is labeled a 'high risk' high school in my country (Trinidad). Recalling compliments from my students still makes me smile and lifts my spirits - especially as it was all such a battle much of the time!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Elisabeth, thank you so much for hosting me on your blog. This was fun! I wish you major success in everything you do - and hope to see you over at Novel Spaces soon!

Good luck in the draw, everyone! The winner of CAFE AU LAIT will experience a virtual vacation in the Caribbean (guaranteed!) with some wonderful characters, including the uber-sexy architect, Michael Chancery. He's my favorite hero to date; one male reader even told me: "I want to be Michael!"

Enjoy!

5:07 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

I enjoy and appreciate compliments from my boss and the residents I look after. When the residents say 'are you on tonight again?' and I say 'yes' and then they say 'good' it gives me a great feeling. This is in a Personal Care Home with level 1 & 2. Right now I'm off and waiting to start Radiation for breast cancer.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

robynl, that 'good' says it all, doesn't it? Hope all goes well with the treatment, and that the good karma comes back to you via your caregivers.

Thank you for commenting, and good luck in the draw!

6:47 PM  
Blogger SiNn said...

I cherish compliments from my fiance and our kids the most expecially children simply becausesthey arent cprrupted justr yet with the world so their sencerity means the most

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here for the interview since I already have the book ;)

4:51 AM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

SiNn, you're so right about children - they mean what they say. Thanks for entering the contest!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

akalol, it's so good to see you here! Thanks for coming!

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com