Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 :~:

Freebie Day #28 - Guest Author JD Tynan!

Four days left to enter...

stolen heat
enter contest
share image
buy book
elisabeth naughton
Today's guest author is JD Tynan!

J.D. Tynan is the author of seven novels, including the award winners, Figuring it out with Grace, Who Killed Walter Dobbs? and Jill 9. She is a member of the Rose City Romance Writers, Sisters in Crime, Romance Writers of America and PNWA. Her novels have won the hearts of her fans, bringing her a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. She continues to write fun, exciting, sexy novels about strong, independent modern-day women. She currently resides in Vancouver, Washington with her two beautiful children.

Available now is JILL 9:

Jill Wallokowski was the first female meteorologist ever hired at Vancouver, Washington’s Channel 12 news station. She thought Wallokowski was a bit too much of a mouthful and changed her on-air name to Jill Walker. Unfortunately, it was a bad time to be named Jill Walker. Someone was traveling across the country and killing women with that name. There had been eight deaths already and the pretty meteorologist was targeted as number nine.

Ian Hamlin is the FBI agent charged with protecting Jill 9 and capturing the serial killer. Formulating a risky plan, he sets Jill 9 up as the unwitting bait in the trap to catch the killer. Complicating matters is the mutual attraction between Jill and Ian, as well as her relationship with Elias Webber, a rich, handsome man who wants nothing more than to take Jill away where he can keep her safe and make her his own.

"A well-written book with crisp dialogue, it makes for a fast read."
-Joanne Benham, Reader Views

Please welcome JD Tynan to the blog!

***


1) What kind of books do you love to read and how do those stories impact your own writing?
I like suspense. I tend to read Linda Howard and Iris Johansen more than anyone else, but in my younger days I was hooked on Tom Clancy and John Grisham. I enjoy a good mystery and cat and mouse suspense, but I don't like gore. I prefer to write humorous rather than suspense, but my writing will always have a little mystery, even with my romantic comedies. It is just more fun that way.

2) What are you working on presently? What about upcoming releases?
Currently I am working on editing two of my older manuscripts to get them ready for publication next year. One is titled Port Brisby, which I just adapted into a screenplay. My first ever. That was a great deal of fun and it made me realize that writing screenplays is also a passion of mine. It's a lot different than writing a novel, so I get some variety.

Also, I have two other original new projects in the works. The fourth installment from my Charlie Ford series will be my next project. I'm always working on something. There just aren't enough hours in the day. My next releases are due out in a few months, a romantic suspense called Good Gossip! And Charlie Ford Meets The X. Both are very exciting and I'm looking forward to their releases.

3) What’s the best compliment you ever got on your writing or book(s)?
Any time someone says they stayed up til the wee hours of the night to finish one of my books is the best compliment out there. Or when someone says they love one of my characters. Just having people read my novels is a compliment in itself. I enjoy writing so much that even if no one read them, I'd still write. It's a passion.

4) What’s your writing schedule like?
I try to write when the bug hits me and then edit and revise in between. Honestly, sometimes I go a month or two without writing (then I get to read!!) but I've always got something on the burner and I'm always, always editing something. I have so many manuscripts that need work, so there is always something to do. As for any kind of schedule, I just go with my heart and my head and when it's time to write...it's time to write!

5) If you could be one character from any book you’re read or written who would it be and why?
That's an easy one. Charlie Ford. I'd be Charlie Ford. She's tough. She's sexy. She's a tomboy who faints at the sight of blood. She's everything I'm not, but it's so much fun to put myself into her world. She's just the greatest, funniest character I could possibly conjure up and if there was a way to slip into the pages of a Charlie Ford adventure, I'd do it!

***

JD has donated a copy of JILL9 to one lucky commenter. To be entered into the drawing, simply answer this question:

Who's your favorite funny character from TV, movies or books?

Labels: ,

20Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I like the premise of "Jill 9." I think Austin Powers is one of the funniest characters in movies. For tv it's Kramer from "Seinfeld."

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Chelsea B. said...

I really like that question, so I'm going to put an answer to all three :)

TV Show-That would have to be Kelso, from 'That 70's Show' That dude trips me out!

Movie- So many to pick from! But I'd have to say....Rob Schneider, in 'The Hot Chick' He did so good in that movie! I was rolling!

And Book- The person that comes to mind is Phineas, from Kerrelyn Spark's 'Love at Stakes' series. The guys one of my fav vamps, for sure! ;)

When I first say the cover for your book, JD, I instantly thought 'vampire book!' LOL. But it seems interesting, I'll have to give one of your books a try! :)

1:51 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

TV - Grace, from Saving Grace

Movie - Capt. Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

Book - Acheron, from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters series

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Amy M said...

The funniest part of a movie that keeps popping into my head is the 40 Year Old Virgin...when Steve Carrell is having his chest waxed. I laugh so hard every time I see that part.

As for a TV show, I think that maybe Joey from Friends. He always made me laugh.

And in a book, Janet Evanovich's writing always is good for a laugh. She is so funny.

I suppose I didn't exactly answer the question right, but in a round about way?? :)

Thanks,
Amy M

6:14 AM  
Blogger kristina shields said...

One of my favorite comedian actors is Ben Stiller. Most of his movies are really hilarious.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Laney4 said...

The first person I thought of was Steve Martin -- in all 3 categories probably. I have enjoyed his zany characters on Saturday Night Live through the years (remember when he danced with Gilda Radner - what a hoot that was) and look forward to him guest hosting as often as possible. I taped his appearance on one of Johnny Carson's last shows where he did his Great Flydini act, and I share it as often as possible with others (Google "Steve Martin" and magic; it's the first clip). I enjoy watching him and Bonnie Hunt in the Cheaper by the Dozen movies, where he has understated humour; as well as The Jerk, where he's over the top! I would like to read his book, Shop Girl, as I bet it too would fall in the hilarious range! He's definitely multi-talented, to say the least.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Hi JD,
your book sounds great, unfortunately it is not available in my country :(
My favorite characters are Adam Sandler and Charlie Sheen - can't hold back when they are on TV...
Best wishes,
Ina

8:12 AM  
Blogger The Scarf Princess said...

From tv--Sheldon from Big Bang Theory

From a book--Lula from Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books

11:04 AM  
Blogger L said...

Tv- Fez from that 70's show and also Stewie from Family Guy.

Movie- everyone in Scary Movie 3. lmao

book- can't think of one now, but there are definitely some funny ones out there.

12:22 PM  
Blogger tetewa said...

Tv would have to Jack Mcfarlane from Will and Grace and Lulu from the Stephanie Plum series!

1:18 PM  
Blogger ann alba said...

well I'm going back to the classics Jerry Lewis crack's me up every time I see one of his movies ,As for
Books Katie MacAlister the Ainsley grey Series Jim is so funny As well as the corset dairies Barking Spiders lol
Have a good day.

2:16 PM  
Blogger SiNn said...

hummm top 3

tv- is a tosss up between gary from gary unmarried and christin from newadventures of old christine

movies- i dont watch enough comidies to pick so id have to say sandler

books- i dont have a favorite book character

8:38 PM  
Blogger donnas said...

Jill 9 sounds like a great book, it sounds like its in one of my favorite genres. Thanks for sharing. I am going to have to keep an eye out for your books.

Books - I love Jim from the Aisling Grey series by Katie MacAlister.

Movies - Ben Stiller, I love all his characters.

TV - David Cross and Bob Odenkirk in Mr Show with Bob and David.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Refhater said...

I don't watch alot of TV or movies, but my favortie funny characters in books are the Bombay family from Leslie Langtry's books and Blair Mallory from Linda Howard's To Die For and Drop Dead Gorgeous.

2:49 AM  
Blogger Llehn said...

I love Alex P Keaton from the 80s sitcom Family Ties. There has never been another quite like him.

7:09 AM  
Blogger I ♥ Book Gossip said...

I love Marshall from How I Met your Mother. Funniest character ever.

cindyc725 at gmail dot com

8:48 AM  
Blogger lrhubble said...

I will have to go with Joe Dirt from the movie Joe Dirt.

:-)


Larena

11:15 AM  
Blogger Karen H said...

I think my all-time favorite comedian is Carol Burnett. I still have to laugh when I think of some of her routines. It may be years, but they stand the test of time!

kkhaas AT bellsouth DOT net

12:25 PM  
Blogger Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

TV I will have to go with grandma from Golden Girls.

I don't watch many comedies but I'm going with Adam Sandler.

Books I will have to go with Simi from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Darkhunter series.

12:23 AM  
Blogger robynl said...

Red Skelton in movies and on TV. He was hilarious.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com