Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Thursday, August 06, 2009 :~:

Freebie Day #23 Guest Author - Lexi Ryan!

We're running out of time, so don't forget to enter...

stolen heat
enter contest
share image
buy book
elisabeth naughton
Today's guest author is Lexi Ryan!

Lexi Ryan lives with her family in a small Indiana town. When she's not chasing after her young son or cheering on the Colts with her husband, Lexi enjoys losing herself in fun, sexy stories featuring mouthwatering men, smart women, and happily-ever-after. Visit the author's website at www.lexiryan.com

Lexi's latest release is STILLETO'S INC:

Where special powers and super sexy collide...these are not your brother's superheroes!

ISBN: 978-1-60777-142-5
Publisher: Ravenous Romance
Release Date: April 2009

Brains. Attitude. Beauty that brings men to their knees—if their Jujitsu moves don't do it first. The women of the private investigation firm Stilettos, Inc are not your average PIs. Each armed with a special power, there's no case the Stiletto Girls can't crack—until Specials start vanishing in growing numbers.

Darian Lorring is an agent for the Specials Intelligence Agency, a secret government organization of humans with special powers. His unit's latest mission is to track the Stiletto Girls and determine their role in the assassination attempts on the president. But it's hard to keep secrets from a Stiletto Girl. His best defense? Keep sex on the brain. And Darian will eat and breathe sex to protect his country...having Paige in his bed again is just an added bonus.

Empath Paige Sykes hopes solving the missing Specials case will answer unresolved questions of her mother's disappearance ten years ago. But one sexy, chauvinistic SIA agent continues to get in her way—and in her bed. How can she trust what she feels around Darian when his ability allows him to project emotions and physical sensations? How can she trust any man when her ex, Collin Raines, appears to be tied to attempts on the president's life?

"It is hard to touch on all the reasons I liked this book so much, as there are so many facets to the story. Suffice it to say that if you want something a little different with wonderful twists and turns along with some super steamy, passionate sex, this book will be right up your alley. Ms. Ryan is an excellent story teller and has a finesse in her writing that keeps the reader wanting more."
--BookWenches

"Humor, suspense and action are all a recipe for a dish that I didn't mind taking a bite out of. Throw in love scenes that get your juices flowing, in more ways than one, and you will be begging for more."
--ParaNormalRomance.org

Please help me welcome Lexi to the blog!!

***

First, I want to thank Elisabeth for having me today! Congrats on your latest release, Elisabeth. May there be many more!

An unexpected part of writing fiction (for me) is that readers want to know how much of the book is fictional and how much of the book is the writer’s life disguised as fiction. This is particularly interesting when one writes erotic fiction. To put an end to those questions, I’ve created a top five list.

The Top Five Ways Stilettos, Inc. Is Like My Life


5. Super Powers.

Like all Specials, the heroine of Stilettos, Inc. has her own power. Paige is a unique kind of empath, able to feel not only the emotions of those she touches but the physical sensations as well.

I, too, have super powers. My coffee-stained, spandex superhero costume has an M on the chest for Multi-tasker. My ability allows me to perform such feats as simultaneously cook dinner one-armed (because the baby is in the other), while talking on the phone with a distressed student, giving my dog a belly rub with my foot, all the while hashing out the latest plot problem in the back of my mind. This could explain why dinner is so frequently burnt.

4. Beauty.

The Stiletto Girls—Paige, Josie, and Chrissie—can bring men to their knees with their beauty alone.

I once walked into a room and had two men at my feet in under 60 seconds. They might argue they were just helping me collect the stack of papers and notebooks I dropped. I say, convenient excuse!

3. Skills.

Through their agency, Stilettos, Inc., Paige and her two partners work as private investigators, spies, and even government-contracted assassins.

Just this week, I’ve found my son’s missing left shoe, caught the dog peeing on the floor, and killed a spider. As they say, “Write what you know.”

2. The Ex.

Paige suspects her ex just might be crazy enough to be part of the plot to kill the president.

I suspect my ex just might be crazy.

1. Mind Sex.

The hero, Darian, has the ability to project emotions and physical sensations with the touch of a fingertip, resulting in some seriously naughty mind-sex.

Some nights, after a day of wielding my multi-tasking powers and wicked mommy skills, mind-sex is about all my husband can count on.

-------

All kidding aside, though my book may be far from autobiographical, I write about characters with whom I can identify. Paige carries the weight of a rapidly changing world on her shoulders—she feels solely responsible for caring for her ailing sister, solving the case of the missing Specials, and discovering what happened to her mother years ago. She struggles to share this burden with anyone else, even the man she falls in love with. She has to learn to trust Darian enough to let him help when she needs him most.

With or without the high drama, most women understand this feeling of carrying more than their narrow shoulders can bear. This drew me to her. Paige is also surrounded by good friends who love her and aren’t afraid to tease her to get her to lighten up a little, and I am lucky in that account as well.

How different can a character’s life be from your own? Do you like to identify with their problems or just the way they deal with and respond to them?

***

Thanks to Lexi for being here with us today and for the fun post! Lexi has donated an ebook coy of STILLETOS, INC to one lucky commenter. To be entered into the drawing, simply answer this question:

Is there any movie or book that's similar to your life? (you can be serious or humorous here).

Labels: ,

17Comments:

Anonymous Amy M said...

I wish I could think of a funny book or movie that is like my life. Somedays I feel like we are the Griswald Family from National Lampoons. Something crazy is always going on around here!!

The book that I feel is closest to my life is Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. My daughter has dilated cardiomyopathy, so I can relate to the mom in that book!

Thanks~
Amy M

11:41 AM  
Blogger Zita said...

Oh, yes. My life is exactly like "Working Girl." Without Harrison Ford. And my ex never bought me sexy lingerie, but then, I look nothing like Meg Ryan, so that's probably good thing. I have an office with a window, though. And someone did steal my idea once and claim it as their own and got caught and humiliated (bwa ha ha). Oh, and I have a tin lunch box, too, but mine has Batman on it. So you see, exactly the same!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

These are great!

Okay, I don't know a movie or book that's like "my" life, but when we were watching Marley & Me, my hubby leaned over to me and said, "OMG. This is my life." He easily identified with Owen Wilson's character. LOL

11:47 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Can't think of any movie or book that mirrors my life, but it would be interesting if my life was like the girls in "Sex and the City" with the beautiful clothes and men.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is like my life. My husband and I are turtles and we live in the sewer. Did you know that sewers now have the internet?

1:32 PM  
Blogger Carrie Clevenger said...

We're like the Osbornes I swear.

The books I read I wouldn't want to be like. O.o

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Celesta Hofmann said...

Lexi, I love your super powers!

When our oldest child got married it felt like we were part of "Meet the Fockers."

I do remember a point where I still owned my own business and was working hundreds of hours a week. We went to see "Hook." I remember realizing I was like Robin William's character. Always working and missing out on family things. Seeing my self in that character made me put down the cell phone and not take my family for granted.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Refhater said...

I have yet to find a movie or book that's similar to my life. But, the movie A Christmas Story is the exact same as my dad's childhood. Minus the leg lamp, including the pink bunny suit and big thick black glasses.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Adrienne said...

I always knew you had super powers, Lexi. My favorite, though, is your power to always make me laugh. I LOVE your list :-)

I can't think of a movie, but I often feel like an extra on the TV show The Office. My job is full of incompetent but well-meaning managers, madcap pranks, and lots of laughter.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Sixteen Candles

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Sharon M said...

I can't think of a single book or movie that is anything like my life. I wish I could so I could figure out how I'm supposed to act and what I'm supposed to say knowing I got my info from a professional writer. :-)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Lexi Ryan said...

Thanks so much for coming by, everyone! I'm having so much fun reading about what books/movies your lives are like!

(Carrie, I'm glad your life isn't like your books! :))

I am, however, sad for the things gone missing--Harrison Ford and the leg lamp in particular!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Kainani said...

Gosh, you're really making me think for this one. I guess it would have to Adam Sandler's movie Click. My husband wishes he could mute me. LOL.

8:13 PM  
Blogger SiNn said...

Humm a movie like my life depends on which part growing up be like National lampoon family vacation

later on durring my teen age years id have to say my life was alot like a cliche lifetime movie sucha s purple haze and such i quickyly snapped out of all of tht and now i say looking back my life is like the family stone i nevere knew which family member was sleeping with who and then finding the man of my dream sto learny lose him for something i thought was better so chalk it all up to lessons learned really


Books hum id have to say most say my lifes like a fairy tale but honestly im just an oridnary person just like everyone else so its hard to pick one story or the other

1:28 AM  
Blogger Musings by Mimmi said...

Ooh, I want!!
This sounds awesome~~I have to read this.
Hmmm.....not thinking of any movies here, but have you ever heard that Montgomery Gentry song Merry Christmas From The Family?
Yeah, it's kinda like that around here, lol, when the whole family shows up. It always makes me feel warm and squishy inside, lol!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Dana Fredsti said...

Lexi, sorry I'm late to the post, but I'm so glad I stopped by! I snorted my coffee reading your five reasons why your life is like Stiletto. Write what you know, indeed... :-)

Wonderful post and your book is on my TBR list!

10:58 AM  
Blogger ann alba said...

A wee bit late for this one but I an so making note great story I think in some way I can relate I am the one that helps lighten the mood though sometimes I have to lean towards DH for Inspiration. Good luck with the book & congrats to the winner.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com