Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 :~:

Freebie Day #21 - Guest Author Denise Agnew!

The countdown is on...

stolen heat
enter contest
share image
buy book
elisabeth naughton
Today's guest author is the very talented Denise Agnew!

Suspenseful, erotic, edgy, thrilling, romantic, adventurous. All these words describe Denise A. Agnew’s award-winning novels. Romantic Times Book Review Magazine called her romantic suspense novels “top-notch” and her erotic romance PRIMORDIAL received a TOP PICK from Romantic Times Book Review Magazine.

Denise’s record proves that with paranormal, time travel, romantic comedy, contemporary, historical, erotic romance, and romantic suspense novels under her belt, she enjoys writing about a diverse range of subjects.

The fact she has lived in Colorado, Hawaii, and the United Kingdom has given her a lifetime of ideas. Her experiences with archaeology and archery have crept into her work, as well as numerous travels through the UK and Ireland.

Denise lives in Arizona with her real life hero, her husband. Visit her website at www.deniseagnew.com

Denise's latest release is UNDER HIS PROTECTION:

Heart of Justice, book 3
Erotic Romantic Suspense
Available June 2009 from Liquid Silver Books

SWAT sniper Trey MacGilvary likes his women wild and hot…
Trey’s adventurous streak once served him wrong, now it makes him dangerous to criminals and devastating to female hearts.

Englishwoman Olivia Scott’s quiet life as a librarian is about to fall apart...
With nothing more exciting to cogitate on than which video to rent on a Friday night and which pie to create for the local bake off, Olivia isn’t prepared for violence. When Trey rescues her from a man’s brutal attack, he vows she’ll be under his protection from that point forward. The enthusiasm and unpredictability of his life stirs erotic passions within her that threaten to reinvent the woman she always thought she was.

Trey attraction for the plucky, bookish woman boils sky high but he’s not in relationships for the long term. Still he battles with emerging feelings he never thought he’d have again for a woman. After all, she’s returning to England in six months. There’s no way they can forge a lasting relationship, even if they wanted to.

As a vengeful criminal resurfaces with revenge in mind and promises to harm everyone he loves, Trey’s skills as a sniper, a brother and a lover are tested. As danger closes around her, Olivia must find a core of strength she never knew she had, and capture a red hot passion she never hoped to find.

With danger and action at every turn it makes this a hard story to put down. The hero is being torn in different directions, yet he doesn't let it pull his focus off the heroine. I like that the rest of the hero's family rally around him when trouble comes calling. Agnew does a good job of bringing the hero around to trusting in the love he feels.
—Night Owl Romance

To read an excerpt of UNDER HIS PROTECTION, go here.

Please help me welcome Denise!

***

1) What kind of books do you love to read and how do those stories impact your own writing?
I love spooky books, books with a paranormal bent and suspense. Romance of course. I love stories that are big and have complexity. If you can give me all of that, I’m happy as a clam. I loved reading Poe and gothics when I was young. As a result, I tend to write with all the elements above. Sometimes I do write stories that aren’t quite as thick with complexity, when I feel like creating a story that is simpler.

2) What are you working on presently? What about upcoming releases?
I’m working on two things at once, which I haven’t done in a while. One is the first story in a werewolf trilogy. The other is a paranormal historical...the first in a series. My next release is COMBUSTION, a firefighter romantic suspense. The tentative release date is scheduled for sometime in August at Liquid Silver Books www.liquidsilverbooks.com. My current release is UNDER HIS PROTECTION, which is out right now at Liquid Silver Books www.liquidsilverbooks.com. It’s the third story in my HEART OF JUSTICE SWAT series.

3) What’s the best compliment you ever got on your writing or book(s)?
Oh, man. That’s a tough one. Probably that someone who never read romances read one of my books and absolutely loved the story. The fact that someone who actively didn’t care to read romances was thrilled with my story makes me feel its more about writing a tale people will enjoy than catering specifically to the idea of a specific genre.

4) What’s your writing schedule like?
It’s been nuts since February. I used to write about six hours a day, Monday through Friday. Now I’m lucky if I get in three a day. I got a puppy in February and he’s been sucking up some of that writing time.

5) If you could be one character from any book you’re read or written who would it be and why?
God, that’s a tough one. Holy rusted metal, Batman. I honestly don’t know. I’ve read so many books, trying to think of one specific character is virtually impossible. Honestly, I’m not sure I would want to be any of my characters, because I like my life as it is now with my husband and doggie. You could say a fictional life isn’t my perfect life...the one I have now is my perfect life and I wrote it for myself already.

***


Denise has generously donated a copy of PRIMORDIAL to one lucky commenter. To be entered into the drawing, simply answer the following question...

What book has had the biggest impact on your life?

Labels: ,

25Comments:

Anonymous Chelsea B. said...

I love how all the authors, so far, are new to me! But it does make my TBR list a lot longer! But hey, I'm fine with that! :)

And dogs do take up a lot of time! I had a lab and I swear, I didn't do anything that wasn't puppy-related for that whole first week! LOL.

And as to the question--All books usually impact me some way. Sometimes in small ways, others in large.

2:16 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

The past several years, I started on a tremendous journey of self-exploration, prompted by Healing with the Angels and Earth Angels by Doreen Virtue.

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Amy M said...

My list of books that I need to read just continues to grow!! There have been a lot of books that have impacted my life, Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult is very special to me. Also, Sweet Surrender by Maya Banks...talk about total opposite ends of the spectrum there! Both gave me a lot of insight...we will leave it at that!

Thanks~
Amy M

5:01 AM  
Blogger Karen H said...

My all-time favorite book/movie is Gone With the Wind. It was one of the first historical romances I ever read and set the stage for my love of the genre.

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Sharon M said...

I stopped reading for fun when I hit high school and had way too many books that I didn't like assigned to be read. When the TV show Moonlight was on, I visited some of those message boards and everyone recommended reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I picked up that book and haven't stopped reading for fun since then. It's been just over a year and a half that I refound my love of reading so I would definitely have to say that Twilight made a huge impact on my life.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Fedora said...

Hmm... the fiction book that had the biggest impact? Let's say Jenny Crusie's Crazy for You, since it got me back into reading romance--since then, my TBR's grown until it's the size of a mountain :D (Maybe my husband's not so thankful to Ms. Crusie...)

Great to see you, Denise! Thanks for the fun interview!

--Fedora

8:04 AM  
Blogger Musings by Mimmi said...

Denise~~I love your suspense books. Hmm....It's hard to say what book had the greatest impact, but one that reminded me to enjoy life and live every day for it's most is From Momment to Momment by Esther Sager. It's an older book, and I read it the first time years ago, but still tears me up and reminds me that life is fleeting and you have to appreciate love every day, whether it's family, friends or lovers.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! That's a great question. There have been a few that have touched me so deeply that I wasn't the same after reading them. They are Fahrenheit 451, The Reader, The Color of Water & Jesse's Girl

10:23 AM  
Blogger chey said...

I'd say Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery.

11:19 AM  
Blogger ann alba said...

I know that many of the books I have read at the time I was recovering from Breast Cancer were very inspiring gave me hope helped my Dh & I become closer knowing that we were not alone.

12:30 PM  
Blogger tigger9 said...

I've found that all books seem to have some impact on me. It all varies with the story and what's going on in my life at the time.
lexeetoste at sbcglobal.net

12:43 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

Hi Denise, and congrats on your latest release (and the new puppy)! Primordial is on my TBB list -- have heard so many good things about it!

Just one book with the biggest impact? Whew -- don't think I can narrow it down to one. Forever, by Judy Blume; Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand; Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Like Sharon, Twilight got me back into reading like a fiend (not always looked upon so kindly by my employer ;-) ).

Thanks for the interview and the contest!

~bella

12:59 PM  
Blogger Refhater said...

Would it be hokey if I said the Bible was the book that the "biggest" impact on my life?

I'll read just about anything for fun. And each book makes a little impact in my life. Some more than others.

Congrats on the new release!

2:31 PM  
Blogger LORETTA CANTON said...

Hi,

I would have to say the Bible it affect the way I live my life and the way I feel about death.

lorettaC,
lbcanton@verizon.net

3:47 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Probably Skye O'Malley by Bertrice Small...

4:59 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

definitely the BIBLE has affected my life in the way I believe and in the hope I have. It sets principles for me and shows love to me.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Cybercliper said...

Quite a few books have made an impact on my life, but the book that had the most profound impact was The Hamdmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Llehn said...

The book that had the biggest impact in my life was Enid Blyton's First Form at Mallory Towers. When I finished it I remembered thinking, "Wow that was fun. Maybe I could write something like that too" and started writing. I haven't looked back since!

7:05 PM  
Blogger L said...

13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher has definitely had the biggest impact on me.

8:18 PM  
Blogger SiNn said...

humm impact on my life that would be actually two books


of mice and men


and


After the night by linda howard


awesome interview btw !

4:06 AM  
Blogger buddyt said...

There are a lot of books that stick in my mind but I think because of the age I was when I read it the one that influenced me the most was Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

oh wow, thats a difficult question... there are lots of books which influenced me... Wife in the North was one of them.

Best wishes,
Ina

6:46 AM  
Blogger Eva S said...

Right now it would be Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dance with the Devil, I found paranormal romances...

7:44 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Probably one of hte books that had a great impact on me was my favorite book from elementary school. it got me fascinated with the paranormal, it was a book called The Girl with the Silver Eyes.

10:43 AM  
Blogger I ♥ Book Gossip said...

I would have to say Blue Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas. I confronted a friend who was having troubles with her bf. In the end, she left him because she had finally had enough of everything. Sometimes a book cna teach you a thing or two.

Please count me in.

cindyc725 at gmail dot com

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com