Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Thursday, July 23, 2009 :~:

Freebie Day #9 - Guest Author Leslie Langtry!

Have you entered the STOLEN HEAT Contest yet? No? Then do it!

stolen heat
enter contest
share image
buy book
elisabeth naughton
Today's guest author is Leslie Langtry!

Leslie is one of the funniest people you will ever meet, and her Bombay family of assassins will leave you laughing on the floor, wondering who-dunnit, and pondering just how someone as sweet and innocent looking as Leslie can come up with these mysterious and delightfully absurd characters.

A mother of two who lives in the suburbs, Leslie "claims" the Bombay books aren't based on her life. But her hubby IS a body guard and she DOES have a pug...

Read on to see if you believe her...




Coney Bombay is one hot assassin with an Ivy League PhD who travels the world operating carnival rides. He also likes to knit and has a pet guinea pig named Sartre. Even in his wild family of killers, Cy stands out. But after a series of run-ins with perennial grad student Veronica Gale, the cool cat is starting to feel a little hot under the collar.

In her research, Ronnie Gale has seen a lot. Problem is, she hasn’t actually done a lot. The mysterious Cy Bombay seems about to change all that with a whirlwind adventure that will take them from a small-town county fair to the outer reaches of Mongolia. But when love is on the line and there’s a murder to be solved, will Ronnie really be willing to climb out of the ivory tower and get a little down and dirty?

"Leslie Langtry brings her Greatest Hits mystery romance series, featuring the Bombay family of assassins, to a fitting end with the fourth installment, I SHOT YOU BABE (Making It). Perennial grad student Veronica Gale gets more than she bargained for when her latest dissertation project puts her in the path of philosopher/assassin/carnival-ride operator Coney (Cy) Bombay – and an unsolved murder that might just kill her, too."
--Tanzey, Fresh Fiction

"Killing has definitely kept the Bombay family together, although the new generation has a few qualms. Langtry closes out her delightfully wacked-out series about surprisingly hilarious assassins by focusing on cousin Cy. His distinct viewpoint is both amusing and insightful as he struggles with love and a new assignment. Talented Langtry has a real gift for the absurd."
--RT Book Reviews


Welcome to the blog, Leslie!!

***

1) What kind of books do you love to read and how do those stories impact your own writing?
I love mysteries and humor. I grew up with Nancy Drew and Agatha Christie and LOVE Jasper Fforde, Christopher Moore and Terry Pratchett now. I write the stuff I’d like to read because reading should be an escape that makes you feel better. I love finding funny, people. Right now I’m kind of crushin on Flo, the Progressive Insurance character.

2) What are you working on presently? What about upcoming releases?
I SHOT YOU BABE just came out this month from Dorchester and it sort of ends the Bombay Series about a family of assassins. I’m actually working on both a funny paranormal and funny sci-fi serieseses…or however you say that. At least, I think they’re funny. Well, I hope they’re funny.

3) What’s the best compliment you ever got on your writing or book(s)?
There are two, actually. I’ve had a couple of fans who begged me to “Write faster!” Or maybe it was more like they demanded it. It didn’t actually make me write faster. But it was flattering. The second came from a soldier who was stuck in the heat of a tent city. She read my first book and said, “You’re book saved my f$#@ing life.” That was beyond precious.

4) What’s your writing schedule like?
Whenever I have a few moments. I’ve been doing a lot of writing in the evenings lately. I’m not sure I can manage anything on a schedule except for eating and sleeping and making sure the kids/pets/evil minions are eating and sleeping.

5) If you could be one character from any book you’ve read or written, who would it be and why?
I would love to be Thursday Next in Jasper Fforde’s series. She gets to hop in and out of novels, solve crime and she has a cool car. If it was one of my books, I’d have to say Gin Bombay’s dog, Poppy the Pug. She gets to sleep all day and is so cute they don’t even get mad at her if she does something stupid.

Leslie is offering up a copy of I SHOT YOU BABE to one lucky commenter. To be entered into the drawing, simply answer this question:

Are you a schedule follower or do schedules make you cringe?

(Please note, this drawing is open to US residents only)

Labels: ,

19Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Hi Leslie,
Congrats on the new release. I'm a big believer in schedules. I like to map out what my day will be like. It makes my life more manageable.

2:16 AM  
Blogger Karen H said...

Hi Leslie,

I love the family of assassins idea and this new book sounds great!

Since I'm retired now, schedules don't mean as much anymore but when I was working, it was an essential part of daily life. It was the only way I could get everything done that needed to be done.

4:53 AM  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:16 AM  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

Great interview. I Shot You Babe sounds good. Catchy title. :)

I am a schedule follower. It keeps me organized.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your titles are so clever."Sort of ends?" Noo!

I'm not good with spontaneity---I usually like some notice---nor am I good with super-strict schedules. But I do divide up my day, with a little wiggle-room for the unexpected.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Amy M said...

Hi Leslie-
Congratulations on your new release. I am not so much of a schedule person. My husband swears I will be late to my own funeral!! Schedules don't do me much good, except make it possible for me to sign onto work...almost on time. So, no schedules for me, just fly by the seat of my pants!

Thanks!
Amy M

5:58 AM  
Blogger kristina shields said...

I'm not that big of a scheduler, but sometimes it helps you out a lot. I would mainly use them for vacations when I needed to map out the places I wanted to go to.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your release Leslie!

I am a sorta halfway person on schedules and such. I try to keep to do lists. Then there's things like my Disney World vacation - I have to plan in dining schedules to make reservations to be sure I get in the restaurants and sort plan what parks to go to on what days. I don't have set schedules for the smaller stuff like eating, laundry days etc. :).

Pam S
pams00@aol.com

7:58 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Hi Leslie--greetings from a fellow Dorchester author! Congrats on your new release. I wish you much success with it! I’m planning on picking it up—sounds great! My debut comes out this month too....!

I love schedules. When I'm on one I'm very productive. Problem is I can't keep it going. I've learned not to beat myself up over it. Just produce when I'm on and brainstorm when I'm off. Seems to work for me.

Loved your interview...

~C

8:16 AM  
Blogger MonsterAteMy said...

I'm a schedule-follower wannabe, but in reality, whenever I *do* have a schedule, I'm fantasizing ways to get around it.
Sigh.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Heather...that's me! Though I don't fantasize ways around a schedule, I procrastinate my way to the last minute. (Ahem...as I'm doing now with an article I needed to turn in like, um...yesterday.)

Leslie..thanks for being here! I have to tell you all, the BEST time I had at RWA Nationals in SF last year was hanging out with Leslie and her hubby in the bar. They had me in stitches the whole night. When I knew I couldn't go to RWA in DC this year, one of the things I was most upset about was that I wasn't going to get to see Leslie again. So I'm thrilled to have her in the house today. :)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I like schedules but don't always follow them but they definitely help me get things done.

11:13 AM  
Blogger lrhubble said...

Love the title of this books. :-)

Sometimes I follow schedules but not always.

Larena

2:48 PM  
Blogger Kendra said...

Hi Leslie! We never did get around to that drink in the bar in DC. I don't know about you, but I found that bar to have the worst service. One bartender for hordes of thirsty women?

I like how you said this book "sort of" ends the Bombay series. Maybe not...?

3:51 PM  
Blogger Armenia said...

Hi Leslie,

Congratulations on your new release. I love humor in books and I SHOT YOU BABY sounds like a really good read.

I'm a type A person, so of course I like schedules. But one thing I've learned is flexibility; it helps me keep sane, otherwise, I'm sure to pop a vein.

5:23 PM  
Blogger donnas said...

Congrats on the release.

I try to follow a schedule but I always get thrown off or distracted from it. I'm just not that organized.

bacchus76 at myself dot com

8:36 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

As a teacher, I am stuck with a schedule; however, I like to be spontaneous too, so I balance both.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am such a schedule follower! I can't take not knowing what is going on and having a plan.
Great Interview BTW ;-)

6:06 AM  
Blogger TAMARA said...

Hi Leslie! I would love to be a schedule follower. Instead, I am a procrastinator!! I have ot down to an artform!! I only follow a schedule if forced!!! lol!!BTW... The book sounds great!!

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com