Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Monday, July 20, 2009 :~:

Freebie Day #6 - Guest Author Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills!

Scroll down to see today's Freebie Giveaway!

stolen heat
enter contest
share image
buy book
elisabeth naughton
Welcome Guest Author Trish Milburn (AKA Tricia Mills) to the blog!


Trish writes both contemporary romances (as Trish Milburn) and Young Adult fiction (as Tricia Mills). Eight time Golden Heart finalist (and two time winner!), Trish/Tricia lives in Tennessee where she loves to take road trips to the beach when it’s cold or to places like Yellowstone National Park when it’s hot. She also enjoys hiking, is a total National Park junkie, is quite proud of her ability to spoil her two beautiful nieces and two adorable nephews, and is absolutely convinced Buffy and Angel will find their own happily ever after someday.

Tricia's latest YA release is HEARTBREAK RIVER:

Alexandra Landon once loved running the Grayton River through the Colorado canyons near her home and couldn’t imagine doing anything else with her life but continuing the family’s river rafting business. But that was before her father died in a rafting accident and she developed a full-fledged fear of drowning. It’s been nearly a year since her father’s death, and the arrival of another summer means Alex has to face the river, the question of whether she can ever recapture her love of rafting, and the return of co-worker and former boyfriend Sean Kenley. One way or the other, this summer is going to change Alex’s life forever.

“Mills builds suspense in both the romance and the moving drama of family secrets and loss. The fast talk and Alex’s first-person narrative are right on, especially in the scenes of quarrels. Best of all is the setting, which is powerfully described in scenes of Alex struggling to overcome her phobia and return to the wild rushing river she loves.”
– Hazel Rochman, Booklist

“Tricia Mills has crafted a complex and vivid story of love, grief, and the slow process of healing set in the beautiful, wild and dangerous country of rural Colorado. Mills’ characters are authentic, varied, and fallible in their own unique ways, but each of them contributes a realistic and personable undercurrent to the novel. … Mills balances the moments of grief and the moments of happiness, efficiently reminding readers of the heartaches and joys of life, and the importance of never giving up on living, making for a stellar, quick, and emotional first novel.”
– The Compulsive Reader blog


Welcome, Trish/Tricia!

***

1) What kind of books do you love to read and how do those stories impact your own writing?
I love lots of different kinds of stories, but almost everything I read has at least some romance in it. Contemporary romance, historical romance, mysteries, YA – whatever it is, I like to have some romance going on in the story along with the other story threads. Purely as a reader, I LOVE paranormal and am really enjoying its current popularity and the variety of wonderful stories out there. I like paranormal romance, paranormal YA and urban fantasy. I’ve written a few paranormal projects that my agent is shopping, so fingers crossed! Even though my contracted books are not paranormal, I think what you learn about world building in paranormal is applicable to all fiction and helping it become three-dimensional and real.

2) What are you working on presently? What about upcoming releases?
I’m working on revisions to my third Harlequin American, The Family Man, which is set to release in March 2010. It’s a sequel to my first book, A Firefighter in the Family, and is Adam’s story – the best friend of Firefighter’s hero, Zac. I’m also writing another American as part of a rodeo-based continuity, which I believe will be released in the latter half of 2010. The Family Man is my next scheduled release, and it’ll be followed by my second young adult novel from Razorbill, Winter Longing, next summer.

3) What’s the best compliment you ever got on your writing or book(s)?
My May 2009 Harlequin American, Her Very Own Family, is set in Northeast Tennessee, and the heroine’s estranged mother is a minister. I got an e-mail from a female minister who grew up in Northeast Tennessee, and she loved my book and how I portrayed the area and what were some delicate topics. That made me feel good. I also did a book signing in my small hometown, and my cousin told me she couldn’t put the book down. She’d aimed to just read for an hour one night and ended up reading until 1 in the morning.

4) What’s your writing schedule like?
It varies from day to day, depending on deadlines and other responsibilities, and it’s about to change as I force myself to schedule exercise in twice a day. Writing is such a sedentary occupation that we all live with the danger of allowing ourselves to fall into unhealthy lifestyles. But since my career is just beginning and I want it to last a good, long time, I better get into shape so I don’t develop health problems, which run in my family. So, my plan after I get home from RWA National is to begin the day with a hour of exercise – either walking or aerobics, then eat breakfast while checking e-mail and posting blogs. Then I’ll write/edit until lunch and take a short break to eat lunch and watch something on my TiVo. Then back to writing/editing until 3 or 4 in the afternoon, then another hour of exercise like working in the yard. Then do business tasks until dinner, spend dinner some time afterward with the hubby, then either more business, writing or TV. I usually end the day by reading a little after I go to bed.

5) If you could be one character from any book you’re read or written who would it be and why?
Wow, that’s hard. Joanne Baldwin from Rachel Caine’s Weather Warden series is really cool. I love kick-ass heroines, and she can control weather! Also, I don’t think I’d complain if I was a heroine in a J.R. Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood book. Those dudes are HOT!

***

Trish/Tricia has donated a copy of HEARTBREAK RIVER to one lucky commenter! To be entered into the drawing, simply answer this question:

When do you like to read? During the middle of the day? In a nice hot bubble bath? Every night before bed?

Labels: ,

28Comments:

Anonymous Amy M said...

My one daily indulgence is taking a nice hot bath and reading a book. Once my youngest two kids are in bed, I get into the tub and leave my husband and the older two to fend for themselves while I soak away and read! I can spend hours in the tub reading a good book! I try to read as much as possible, but I do look forward to my own time at night where no one can bother me!

Thanks-
Amy M
atc218@aol.com

5:50 AM  
Blogger Karen H said...

I'll read anytime of the day the mood strikes me; morning, afternoon or evening. I never read in bed...I prefer my comfy recliner chair.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Armenia said...

In a nice hot bath with my door locked. Its truly my own "mommy" time. Ahhh.

7:47 AM  
Blogger kristina shields said...

I'll read at anytime of the day. It could be nine o'clock in the morning or 11 o'clock at night. I love books and fantasy world that I go into when I read them.

10:18 AM  
Blogger chanceofbooks said...

Hi Trish!

I'm so excited for your upcoming releases! Congrats!

My favorite place to read is my bed. I HAVE to read to be able to sleep. My ideal night is going to bed early with a book that keeps me up late :)

Bethany from the MWVRWA chapter :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger pjpuppymom said...

Hi Trish!

Love your Harlequin Americans and am looking forward to picking up a copy of HEARTBREAK RIVER. It looks terrific!

I love to read early mornings on the front porch, any time of day in lines, waiting rooms, in planes, trains and cars, at the pool, cuddled on the couch at night with the dog. Really, I read just about any time and any place except bed or bath. Put me in those two places and it's guaranteed I'll be asleep in about 2 minutes! lol

10:38 AM  
Blogger jeanette8042 said...

Definitely before bed in my quiet and peaceful room.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Trish Milburn said...

I can imagine that relaxing time is wonderful, Amy. Happy reading!

Karen, I can read lots of places too. But I like to use it to relax before I go to sleep. If I go to bed and don't read, I often have trouble falling asleep.

Armenia, seems like the reading in the bath refuge is popular. :) I don't have kiddos; I can imagine how tiring it must be while also being rewarding.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Kristina, sometimes I miss the days when I was a pure reader and could read in all my down time. But I love being an author. It just means there is less time for reading.

Hey, Bethany! Good to "see" you here. And I totally hear you on the having to read to fall asleep.

PJ, it was so good to see you last week. Hope you and Gannon had a great trip home. Your car certainly looked stuffed. :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Jeanette, another reading in bed person. Awesome. It's so relaxing, and a nice treat at the end of the day.

So, what is everyone reading now? I'm in the middle of J.R. Ward's Lover Avenged and L.J. Smith's The Awakening.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to read in the morning, out on my back deck, overlooking the beautiful garden my husband and I work to maintain. He bought me a glider for my birthday a couple of years ago and I sit and rock, homemade latte in hand, and devour every book I can get my hands on.
Work and writing fill the rest of the day until everyone is tucked in for the night and then I get another hour in before I settle in to sleep.

I'm looking forward to your next book - and Elizabeth's too!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Refhater said...

I read as often as I can. On my lunch hour at work, while cooking dinner, in the tub, and then before bed.

I'm currently re-reading Helen R. Myers' While Others Sleep

12:41 PM  
Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Refhater, you are in good company here -- a crowd that grabs reading time whenever and wherever they can.

Minxlaurel, wow, your reading spot on the deck sounds lovely.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Christie Kelley said...

Great post, Trish! I love to read in bed. Unfortunately, I just don't get much time for that any more. I can't wait for your next book. That is one I'll make time for!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Jeanne (AKA The Duchesse) said...

Hi Trish! Great to see you over here. I loved your first books and am anxiously waiting more from you either as Trish or Tricia. Grins.

Great to see you at National too!

I'm a read in bed girl but, that said, I have to be careful or like your cousin, I'll be up till one...or two...

1:15 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Hi Trish! Hi Eli!

Nice interview. I like to read whenever I find a free moment. But, mostly I like to sit outside by the pool and read. I have lots of rose bushes with all different colors. So between them and the water and book I feel like I'm on a vacation. LOL Such an imagination!!

Great fun seeing you at Nationals.

Hugs,
~Caroline

2:28 PM  
Blogger jo robertson said...

Great interview, Elisabeth and Trish! I'm so with you on the Brotherhood, Trish. Not the kind of vampire Bram Stoker had in mind, but so hot!

What a nice compliment from the woman minister. You know you've got it right when they praise your effort.

I read about two hours a day, one before nap time, which I'm sorry to say, has become a necessity LOL, and one before bedtime. Reading helps me relax and go to sleep unless it's a roller coaster thriller!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Caren Crane said...

Trish, I can't wait to read 'Heartbreak River'. The gorgeous cover has had me intrigued since I first saw it!

I read whenever I have a minute (including long traffic lights sometimes). Typically, though, I get to read a lunchtime during the week and for a while after I go to bed. That one is dangerous, because I often get caught up in the story and am slow to turn out the light. :-)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Thanks, Christie. I know what you mean about the time. I often say I need to clone myself so that one of me can just read. :)

Hey, Jeanne. Speaking of the two names, I had to really concentrate at the Lit Signing last week in order to sign the right name in the right books.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Caroline, your reading spot beside the pool sounds lovely too. I bet it smells nice with all those roses too. It was so nice to see you in D.C. last week.

Jo, Anne Stuart is a fan of the Brotherhood too. You should have heard the comment she made during her workshop about those sexy brothers. :)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Caren, LOL on the reading at stop lights. I've been known to read while sitting in the drive-through at McDonald's. :)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Leshia Stolt said...

Well, if I had my way, I'd read several times a day. Unfortunately, that only happens on the very rare weekend day. So, instead, I read before bed every night. I don't know how people go to sleep without reading first! :)
Thanks for the post, Trish!

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like to read in the afternoon and right before bed.
elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

5:04 PM  
Blogger KELLY FITZPATRICK said...

I read before bed, or anytime I'm waiting: doctor office, for an airplane, on an airplane, etc...

5:28 PM  
Blogger Trish Milburn said...

Leshia, elaing8 and Kelly, thanks for coming by and commenting. Looks like we have lots of people who wish they had more time to read.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Eva S said...

I read everywhere, anytime but my favorite place is in bed.
Right now I'm reading Nalini Singh's Branded by Fire, love her Psy/Changeling series!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

During the day I usually have an ebook pulled up to read while taking breaks from my work. I enjoy taking a print book out on my back porch in the am or afternoon. Have to fit in a bit of reading at night in bed before dozing off as well :)!

9:04 AM  
Blogger TAMARA said...

I love to read ALL OF THE TIME!! I guess my favorite time is at night after my husband goes to bed. Peace and quiet. No tv or video games, just me and my book!!

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com