Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Friday, July 31, 2009 :~:

Freebie Day #17 - Guest Author Beth Kery!

Scroll down for today's Giveaway!

stolen heat
enter contest
share image
buy book
elisabeth naughton
Today I'm thrilled to have Berkley author Beth Kery with us!

Beth writes HOT erotic romances. Her latest release is SWEET RESTRAINT, which just came out July 7th. Author of more than 17 published novels, Beth has found her niche mixing dominant alpha males, rich characters, and unexpected twists into hot, erotic reads with an emotionally compelling relationship between the hero and heroine.

SWEET RESTRAINT
Publisher: Berkley Heat
Genre: Contemporary
Release Date: July 7, 2009
Format: Trade Paperback

This time, he’ll never let her go…

Chicago Special Agent Shane Dominic was in love with Laura Vasquez until the day she left him and married another man. Thirteen years may have passed, but Laura’s never disappeared from his fantasies, or destroyed his desire to learn the truth about why she left him. When her husband, the criminal mastermind behind an international ring of thieves, is murdered, Shane knows this is his one last, desperate chance to learn Laura’s secrets. And he’s not above using their scorching hot passion for one another and a little domination to do it.

One look at Shane, and Laura’s own memories come back to haunt her. Her feelings run deep, but she’d never divulge her secrets—a desperate vow that’s compromised when Shane stuns her by taking her as his captive to a secluded cabin. Here, she will finally belong to him, be subjected to his every torturously erotic whim, and be forced to trust him with a shocking truth she’s hidden for so long—one that will expose them to a danger closing in on the both of them.

Purchase: http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Restraint-Beth-Kery/dp/0425227693/
Excerpt: http://www.bethkery.com/sweet-restraint

Welcome, Beth!!

***

1) What kind of books do you love to read and how do those stories impact your own writing?
I read a lot of genres: sci-fi, fantasy, young adult, literary fiction, romance. All books impact my writing, I think. I strive to have a really natural sounding voice, and so I’m always studying authors like Neil Gaiman or J.K. Rowling; not just reading, but examining sentence construction and flow. They make it seem so effortless.

2) What are you working on presently? What about upcoming releases?
I just finished writing my first vampire novel, which I submitted to Samhain publishing, called VELVET CATACLYSM. It was a lot of fun for me, despite the fact that I was wary about attempting a genre that has been done so well and so often. I’m hoping I got my own personal spin on the category, but we’ll see.

SWEET RESTRAINT released on July 7, AND will be followed by PARADISE RULES on October 6. Both are from Berkley Heat, but SWEET RESTRAINT is a contemporary with suspense elements, while PARADISE RULES is a straight up contemporary set in Hawaii.

3) What’s the best compliment you ever got on your writing or book(s)?
I don’t mean to sound like a sadist, but it does mean a lot to me when people tell me they were so touched by one of my books that they cried. I don’t want to make people sad, but I do want to touch something deep within them. I want the book to linger emotionally, even when the story is done. Even though I write erotics, romance and the emotional intensity are extremely important to me.

4) What’s your writing schedule like?
If I’m on a deadline, I keep a notebook about my progress, and HAVE to write a minimum of 1300K words per day. I can write more, but I can’t write less. If I’m not on a deadline, I might be doing research and making notes for future books or writing at a less intense rate.

5) If you could be one character from any book you’re read or written who would it be and why?
This is one of those questions I have such a hard time answering, because it’s similar to choosing a favorite book or character. Since SWEET RESTRAINT just came out, I’ll say I’d like to be my heroine Laura Vasquez, because she gets to be taken captive by the man she’s loved since she was six years old and couldn’t have. Her lover, Shane, is dead sexy, brilliant and determined as the devil to get her to reveal a truth she’s held for years, to give over the burden of the responsibility of her secret into his hands. I don’t think I’m the only woman who harbors a tiny captive fantasy, and I have to admit, if Shane Dominic really existed, I’d want to be hauled off to an isolated cabin with him.

Just a side note: one of the reasons I really liked my cover for SWEET RESTRAINT is that the rope on her leather cuffs is loose. Laura can get out of her captivity if she really wanted to.

But she doesn’t really want to, and I doubt I would either. ;)

***

Beth has gratiously donated a copy of either WICKED BURN or DARING TIME to one lucky commenter. To be entered into the drawing, simply answer this question:

What book covers stand out in your mind? Which ones recently caught your attention?

Labels: ,

34Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

I like scenic covers and the silhouetted ones seen on suspense novels. One recent favorite is the cover for Susan Crandall's "Seeing Red."

1:55 AM  
Blogger Refhater said...

I like covers with real people on them. Elizabeth Lowell's are some of my favorites.

2:46 AM  
Blogger host said...

Hi! Great interview:)
I just can't decide what is the main factor that decides if I'll love the cover or not :) As a designer myself, I try to make covers that are true to the story they "cover". I hate when hero/heroine has blue eyes in the story but cover shows him/her with brown eyes or the same thing is with the hair. Especially nowadays when these things are easily corrected using different coputer programs. Covers can be so misleading sometimes. When I pick the book, I want to feel the atmosphere of the story just by looking at it. It's a hard thing to accomplish but I think that's the 'x' factor that divides good covers from excellent ones.

2:47 AM  
Blogger limecello said...

I love the artsy covers - those are the ones that are most eye catching for me. And I have to admit :X I'm not as much in love with the covers that depict real people - at least for historical novels. I really like the cover of Daring Time though - sometimes the people, color scheme, title etc all fit. That's one of them.

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

I am a cover-lover! Two come to mind right off the bat. Sweet Restraint and Sweet Persuaision, both of which I loved! The interview was wonderful!

Thanks~
Amy M

5:06 AM  
Blogger Blodeuedd said...

I like pretty ones, historical ones stand out a lot for me.
And paranormal books can have such nice covers. I was lusting after Sea Lord by V.Kantra cos of the cover

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Sharon M said...

Elisabeth's Stolen trilogy covers remind me of Lara Adrian's first 4 Midnight Breed covers. I bought those books just because the covers were so cool to me and ended up loving the books.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Eva S said...

I like beautiful covers, A Mermaid's Kiss by Joey W. Hill is one of them, and with tattoos, Gena Showalter's The Darkest Pleasure is a great one!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Karen H said...

I love the set back covers, something sedate outside and lift the flap for something hot! I think the last covers that really attracted my attention though was the Merry Widow Trilogy by Candice Hern. Those covers were outstanding.

7:08 AM  
Blogger jeanette8042 said...

I love covers with people on the covers, such as a couple, and it's also very artistic. One of my favorites is Charlene Teglia's Animal Attraction

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like covers that have real people, usually in dark, mysterious layouts. I love purple, so a cover with a person on it, with a deep purple background and some other silhouettes would be eyecatching to me.

I also like for the models on the cover to resemble the characters in the book. If the heroine is blond, I don't want the cover to have a brunette.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Llehn said...

I love the cover of Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver. So beautiful!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

naked men get me lol
but i do like a couple that looks good onit
love teh your covers
congrats on teh books
kh
kimehak@yahoo.com

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Interview.
I love covers with hot half naked male models.lol.
Although a cover that caught my attention had no male model its Dakota Banks' Dark Time.

elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

8:39 AM  
Blogger Laney4 said...

Lisa Dale's Simple Wishes' cover is the only one that comes to my mind -- probably because it is a different cover than I am used to seeing. (It has a picnic basket on it.) As well, I think I have seen it advertised on various web sites occasionally to reinforce its uniqueness. I don't normally notice covers....

8:39 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

Great interview Beth, and congrats on the release of Sweet Restraint!

I am definitely one of those people who is drawn to a book by its cover (I know I shouldn't be). I don't like things that are too cartoonish, and I don't like covers that are too dramatic/pastel -- I guess what I mean is, too "traditionally" romantic.

Sweet Restraint is an example of the kind of cover I love! Sexy and suggestive. I like Sweet Persuasion, which was mentioned below; I love almost all of Lorelei James' covers -- check out the cover for her newest -- Shoulda Been A Cowboy; Lauren Dane has some awesome covers -- like Undercover and her upcoming Laid Bare; the cover of Joey W. Hill's upcoming A Mermaid's Ransom is hot; and the mile-high-club covers of Jill Shalvis' ___ and Sexy trilogy. Oh, and Shayla Black's Wicked and Decadent. I also have a thing for covers with a corset -- like Jess Michael's Taboo, and I love good menage covers -- like Trista Ann Michaels' Blood Rite.


I realize this ended up being a long post, but since I love covers, hopefully you'll forgive me ;-)

~bella

8:47 AM  
Blogger The Scarf Princess said...

The covers I enjoy are the original Sookie Stackhouse ones. They were fun and original and it's a shame that they've changed them to cash in on the tv show.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The color combinations are what first usually catches my ... guess it is the designer in me.

Last cover was Winter's Kiss by Deborah Cooke... I love the light on dark approach.

Pam S
pams00@aol.com

9:23 AM  
Blogger beth kery said...

Hi Eli! Congrats on the upcoming release. You must be so excited.

Good luck, everyone!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Armenia said...

Nice interview. I love couples on covers, and artfully arranged and scandily clad men and women.

Covers that I have been attracted to: Sweet Restraint, Sweet Temptation, Sweet Seduction, Wicked Ties, Decadent, Stolen Heat.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Mary G said...

I love Beth's bookcovers, Shayla Black's, Jaci Burton's. But I also love covers of books that I'm not afraid to read in public LOL. Don't enter me as I have Beth's books. Buying Stolen Heat this weekend. Great Interview.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Cheryl McInnis said...

I love the covers for Cheyenne McCray's new Lexi Steele series, very eye-catching and tastefully sexy!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love book covers that show there is going to be suspense in the book as well as some hot romance. I love Rebecca Savage's covers.

Val
lastnerve2000@gmail.com

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Chelsea B. said...

For some reason, darker, not-so-stad outish covers really stand out to me.I could be standing in an isle full of hot pink and baby blue covered books and I would automatically gravitate towards the only black cover lol I'm weird like that :)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I like couples on covers. The men without too many clothes are a plus!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

I like your covers Beth. Plus the covers for Dreamfever by Karen Moning and Tasting Fear by Shannon McKenna both caught my eye.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Pam P said...

Various covers appeal to me, some with people, some scenic, all depends on the artwork.

5:01 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

I love cover art; most often the one to catch my eye is a scene-old country house, driveway, wheat fields, etc.

As for people, Jeff Rivera's 'Forever My Lady' is awesome.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

I like the covers for the Twilight books. I like Anya Bast's Witch Fury.

7:30 PM  
Blogger donnas said...

I like the covers you see mainly on suspense novels. Things that relate to the story but you dont always get it until you read it.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

I like scenic covers with people on them and the richly colored ones.

The recent covers that have attracted my eyes are Stolen Fury, Stolen Heat, Stolen Seduction and Haunting Beauty by Erin Quinn.

11:36 PM  
Blogger I ♥ Book Gossip said...

The book cover that stands out to me is Darkness Calls by Marjorie Liu.

Please count me in.

cindyc725 at gmail dot com

5:31 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Hi Beth,
your book sounds great - I have to read it ;)

I love the covers from Candace Havens "The Demon King and I" and "Dragons Prefer Blondes"!

Best wishes,
Ina

10:15 AM  
Blogger lrhubble said...

that is hard as there are some really great covers out there. One I can think of is more for the author Joey W. Hill. She has some great covers that really stand out.

Larena

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com