Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 :~:

Freebie Day #15 - Guest Author Megan Hart!

We're halfway there. Don't forget to enter...

stolen heat
enter contest
share image
buy bookelisabeth naughton
Please help me welcome good friend and phenom author, Megan Hart!

Megan began writing short fantasy, horror and science fiction before graduating to novel-length romances. In 1998, now a stay-home mom, Megan took up writing in earnest, attending her first writing conference and getting her first request for a full manuscript. In 2002 she saw her first book in print, and she hasn't stopped since.

She's published in almost every genre of romantic fiction, including historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, romantic comedy, futuristic, fantasy and perhaps most notably, erotic. She also writes non-erotic fantasy and science fiction, as well as continuing to occasionally dabble in horror.

Megan's goal is to continue writing spicy, thrilling love stories with a twist. Her dream is to have a movie made of every one of her novels, starring herself as the heroine and Keanu Reeves as the hero. Megan lives in the deep, dark woods with Superman and two monsters…er…children.

Her latest release is DEEPER:

Some lovers never leave you...

Twenty years ago she had her whole life spread out before her like a mesmerizing map. She was Bess Walsh, a fresh-scrubbed, middle-class student ready to conquer the design world. And she was taken. Absolutely and completely.

But not by Andy, her well-groomed, intellectual boyfriend who hinted more than once about a ring. No. During that hot summer as a waitress and living on the beach, she met Nick, a dark haired, local bad boy. He was, to put it mildly, not someone she could take home to Daddy.

Instead, Nick became her dirty little secret; a fervent sexual accomplice who knew how to ignite an all-consuming obsession she had no idea she carried deep within her.

Bess had always wondered what happened to Nick after that summer, after their promise to meet again. And now, back at the beach house and taking a break from responsibility, from marriage, from life, she discovers his heartbreaking fate--and why he never came back for her. Suddenly Nick's name is on her lips...his hands on her thighs...dark hair and eyes called back from the swirling gray of purgatory's depths.

Dead, alive, or something in-between, they can't stop their hunger.

She wouldn't dare.


Don't you just LOVE that cover? Please help me welcome Megan Hart to the blog!

***

1) What kind of books do you love to read and how do those stories impact your own writingPleasure and Purpose ?
My favorite books are horror, sf and f, thrillers. Books about serial killers. But not romantic suspense, go figure! I don’t read much of what I write, especially when I am writing it, but…when am I not writing it…so that means I don’t read a lot of erotic romance or romance unless it’s in between my own books.

2) What are you working on presently? What about upcoming releases?
Right now I’m editing several projects and plotting a Spice Brief. I have a whole bunch of upcoming releases – the best way to keep up with what I’m doing is to check out my blog at www.readinbed.net where I usually blabber about what I’m writing, what I have coming out, what I’m thinking about doing, that sort of thing. This summer I have DEEPER coming out from Spice, followed by Pleasure and Purpose and No Greater Pleasure, two historical fantasy romances out from Berkley Sensation in September and October. I’ll have a couple more Spice releases coming up, as well as two books from MIRA and a few more books in the Order of Solace series from Berkley…I’m going to be very, very busy writing. I hope you’ll all be busy reading!

3) What’s the best compliment you ever got on your writing or book(s)?
The best compliment anyone can give me is that my work moved them – to cry, to laugh, to kiss their partners. Something. That’s the best.

4) What’s your writing schedule like?
During the school year it’s writing from approximately 9-3:30, interspersed with editing, Twittering, Facebooking and IM’ing…in the summer it’s usually writing poolside or editing in the morning followed by more work at the pool in the afternoon, then writing or editing from about 9 pm until 1 or 2 or even 3 am.

5) If you could be one character from any book you’re read or written who would it be and why?
I think I can safely say I don’t want to be any of the characters from any of MY books…wow, they have to go through a lot, don’t they? But hmm, from someone else’s…I don’t know. I guess I can’t pick once, since I’m pretty happy with my own life, I don’t want anyone else’s.

***

Megan is offering a copy of DEEPER to one lucky commenter. To be entered into the drawing, simply answer this question...

Do you like straight-laced heroes or bad boys like Megan's Nick?

Labels: ,

43Comments:

Blogger booksrmysoul said...

blair lewis
blairwlewis@gmail.com

I like Bad boy's like nick !!!!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I really enjoyed "Dirty" and look forward to reading "Deeper." I like both bad boys and straight-laced heroes, but it is fun to see a bad boy fall in love.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Refhater said...

LOVE the cover!

Is there a option c? A straight laced hero with a bad boy streak in him? I like both "good" and "bad" boys, but if I had my druthers, would like one with good and bad mixed together. Kinda like coffee with Bailey's Irish cream.

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Terri said...

I usually like reading about the bad boys but an occasional straight lace guy makes for a nice change.

Terri

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Amy M said...

Bad boys all the way! There is just something about them, they are too tough to admit that a part of them is scared to fall in love, or give their heart to someone.

Thanks~
Amy M

5:13 AM  
Blogger Laney4 said...

I'm thinking that in real life, I prefer the straight-laced guy with a touch of bad boy; but in books, I prefer the bad boy with a touch of straight lace (and occasional straight-lace guys too). Perhaps it's because books take us where we don't normally go....

5:14 AM  
Blogger MonsterAteMy said...

I agree with REfhater; all one or the other is too much. Let's say 90% straight-laced, 10% bad boy. :o)

6:10 AM  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

I love bad boys. :)

6:10 AM  
Blogger Blodeuedd said...

Hard one, sometimes the bad boy, but mostly the nice one. it all depends on how they are portrayed

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Sharon M said...

I love both bad boys and straight-laced heroes but I prefer a mix. Doesn't matter whether it's a bad boy with a bit of straight-laced or straight-laced with a bit of bad boy. Too much of one or the other is just... too much! :-) Like Refhater said, a mixture is best.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Karen H said...

I like that option C posted by Refhater: straight laced hero with a bad boy streak in him! Yes, that's my choice.

7:29 AM  
Blogger tetewa said...

I'v always enjoyed the bad boys better than the straight-laced.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another new author to me.Deep er sounds great

to answer your question-Bad Boys all the way!!!

elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

8:34 AM  
Blogger kristina shields said...

Love the cover and I love both bad and good guys.

8:51 AM  
Blogger jeanette8042 said...

I love both types but I'm leaning more towards the bad boys!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Megan Hart said...

Hey, Eli, thanks for having me here! :)

I prefer bad boys, I guess that's no secret. But I married Superman, who is SO not a bad boy...

M

8:54 AM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

I tend to go for a dark and sexy bad boy with a good heart, who is transformed into an amazing hero thru the power of love.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Megan! Great interview, I would have to say that I am a bad boy girl all the way, just so exciting. Keeping you on your toes.

9:11 AM  
Blogger The Scarf Princess said...

I love bad boys! You know you're in for a fun time. And there's always a good boy under all those bad layers that you can count on.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoo
hot book
love megans books
i like straight laced
but nick i would give a try
please count me in
thanks
kh
kimehak@yahoo.com

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Chelsea B. said...

You know, I've never read a book where the hero is plain straight-laced.It might seem that way at first, but theres usually more debth.So I'm going to say both.

I loved the summery of your book, Megan! I just had to say that.It gave so much information without really giving anything away and making you want to immediately go out and buy your book! I can't wait to read it now! :)

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Paula said...

Both and combinations. That covers about everything. lol It really depends on the other characteristics of a character.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Cybercliper said...

I can't help myself...it's the redeemable bad boy every time. Rough all over with a hidden heart of gold...((sigh))

1:11 PM  
Blogger lrhubble said...

I tend to like bad boys but sometimes it depends more on the story and how the character fits the plot.

Larena

1:27 PM  
Blogger Mitzi H. said...

I like the bad boys better too.
Beautiful book cover.

mitzihinkey at sbcglobal dot net

2:09 PM  
Blogger Armenia said...

I love straight-laced heroes with a lot of wickedness.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Pam P said...

I like both, or even a mix, but usually it's the bad boy who dares you to let loose.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I do like bad boys but I certainly don't mind strait laced ones either, just make it a good story and I'll love them all

5:59 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Definitely bad boys...!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like reading about bad boys. lol. Deeper sounds great!

amysmith98 @ yahoo.com

6:17 PM  
Blogger Martha Eskuchen said...

I guess I like straight-laced heroes... but I like Bad boys who are really straight-laced underneath!! LOL
Martha
mesreadsATgmail.com

6:59 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I love Megan Hart's work! She's really got an amazing talent for writing incredibly thought provoking and emotionally moving stories.

Since I'm waiting ever so patiently for Alex's story.... I suppose I like to read about Megan's bad boys.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Please don't enter me for Ms. Megan's book... just here to show some support!!!
I really enjoyed Deeper!!
And as far as straight lace or bad a$$... As long as he is alpha... I will take them any way they come!!! LOL!!!
I hope everyone is having a great night and has a wonderful tomorrow!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Kytaira said...

I have to agree with some of the other posters. I don't want complete bad or good. I want a law abidding guy that doesn't hurt others physically or emotionally. But he also stands up for those he loves and what he believes in. Oh and he's got bad boy gorgeous looks.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Llehn said...

Bad boys, bad boys!

Can't get enough of them!

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

I like both the good boys and the bad boys in my books. I have a soft spot for good guys who have hints of "bad-boy-ness" in them. Although, my favorites have to be bad boys who are inherently good deep down underneath it all.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Hi Megan!
Can't get enough of bad boys *lol* there is much more fun with them ;)
Best wishes,
Ina

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like "slightly" bad boys
:)
wandanamgreb (at) gmail (dot) com

12:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bad boys rock. great post thanks you so much for sharing today.

sarabelle252000@yahoo.com

1:46 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

I prefer bad boys who are actually good boys in disguise...

5:40 PM  
Blogger Booklover1335 said...

ooh I definitely prefer bad boys like Nick!

cldivineATyahooDOTcom

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the bad boy and guy next door types. It depends on my mood at the time as to which I'd prefer over the other when picking out a book to read :).

I do like the reformable ones and flawed heroes though :)!

Pam S
pams00@aol.com

10:42 AM  
Blogger I ♥ Book Gossip said...

I love bad boys like Nick too.

cindyc725 at gmail dot com

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com