Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Monday, July 27, 2009 :~:

Freebie Day #13 - Guest Author Cynthia Eden!

Be sure you enter...

stolen heat
enter contest
share image
buy book
elisabeth naughton
One quick programming note: I was out of town yesterday with sporadic internet access so I didn't get a chance to get my guest author spot and the Day #12 Freebie posted. Therefore, sometime this week I'll be posting TWO prizes. Check back to find out what day that is!

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Today's guest author is Cynthia Eden. A good friend of mine and a phenomenal author. Read on to learn more about what she's up to.

Cynthia Eden writes paranormal and romantic suspense novels. She’s always loved writing (don’t most authors say that?), and particularly enjoys creating stories about monsters–vampires, werewolves, all of those creatures that haunt the imagination.

Cynthia’s publishers include Kensington Brava, Grand Central, Avon Red, Red Sage, and ImaJinn Books.

Cynthia graduated summa cum laude from the University of South Alabama where she studied Sociology (because people interest her) and Communication (because she likes to write about said people). She worked as a journalist on her university’s paper (yes, she’s admitted to a not-so-secret desire to be Lois Lane). Later, as she traveled the long and bumpy road to romance publication, Cynthia was employed as a college counselor and as a teacher. Her latest release is MIDNIGHT'S MASTER.

Tall, dark, and formidable, Niol Lapen is the last demon on earth most people would ask for a favor, yet the sexy little reporter who wanders into his club dares to do exactly that. Holly Storm already knows too much about his kind, and Niol has no wish to help her get in deeper over her head. But working alongside her may be the only way to stop a killer, even as it ignites a primal desire unlike anything he’s known.

Holly has seen firsthand what Niol is capable of, but that doesn’t frighten her nearly as much as her body’s instinctive reaction to him, or the wild, fierce passion that would tempt her to follow him through hell itself. Something evil and relentless is prowling the streets of Atlanta. And as Holly’s search leads her into danger that even Niol could never have predicted, she’ll uncover a secret that could rip her world apart….

Review blurbs:
“The heat that Holly and Niol generate warms the chill from a truly gruesome organ-stealing murderer. Readers will cheer at their unlikely attraction, but the twist in the plot is what really makes Eden’s latest unforgettable. “
–RT Book Reviews, 4 Stars

The Midnight Trilogy has reached its third book, and the action only gets more perilous while heightened passions between the hero and heroine continue to rise with each new scene. Cynthia Eden has compiled a marvelous cast of characters whose fascinating lives will draw you into every captivatingly revealing detail.”–Amelia of Sensual, 5 Stars

Please help me welcome Cynthia Eden!

***

1) What kind of books do you love to read and how do those stories impact your own writing?
I love sexy, dark romances. The darker, the better.  Those books are usually my reward reads. Once I finish working on a manuscript or I meet my page goals, I get to read my books. And how do they impact me? Well, they inspire me. They challenge me—they make me want to write more!


2) What are you working on presently? What about upcoming releases?
I am just finishing up the third book in my upcoming “Deadly” romantic suspense series for Grand Central. The series will be released next summer (June, July, and August), starting with DEADLY FEAR. I’ve been writing these 3 books for the last six months, so when my husband asks me what I’m thinking about, my answer (for a while!) has been, “Killers.”

3) What’s the best compliment you ever got on your writing or book(s)?
I’ve had readers email me and tell me that my books kept them up until 1 a.m. (or 4 a.m.!)—and that just thrilled me. To know that my work involved someone so much that she went without sleep…there is no greater compliment for me.

4) What’s your writing schedule like?
It’s crazy! I have a three-year-old, so I usually write very late at night, and I don’t go to sleep until I meet my page goals. But then, “Sleep is for the weak” became my mantra after he was born. I know, it’s not a very good—or healthy—mantra, but it’s mine.

5) If you could be one character from any book you’re read or written who would it be and why?
I’d love to be Cara Maloan from MIDNIGHT SINS. She’s a succubus, and she can pretty much control every man she meets. A very hand talent and one I’d like to possess!!

Thanks for interviewing me, Eli!

***


Cynthia is donating a copy of MIDNIGHT'S MASTER to one lucky commenter. To be entered into the random drawing, simply answer this question:

If you could possess one superpower, what would it be and why?

Labels: ,

37Comments:

Blogger Amy M said...

Great interview and your book sounds wonderful!

I would love to be able to freeze time. Just for short periods. Like when my kids are having a melt down, the phone is ringing, dinner is burning, and I am trying to work...and this is all happening at the same time. Maybe if I could just pause everyone and everything I could take a minute to regroup, in total silence, and then restart!

Thanks-
Amy M

5:06 AM  
Blogger CrystalGB said...

Great interview. I would love to be able to heal injuries and sickness. I think that would be the most helpful power to have.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Laney4 said...

I would like to have lots more energy, so perhaps I could be Energy Woman or something like that!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Karen H said...

I think I'd like to be telepathic. Wouldn't it be fun to be able to read people's minds? At least some of the time....

5:47 AM  
Blogger Blodeuedd said...

I so want the ability to travel in time, that would just be so cool :D
And well freeze time so I have time to read

6:17 AM  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

I suddenly feel very weak and sleepy. LOL No, actually I feel inspired! And that gives me an idea for a super-power -- to be healthy and vibrant without needing any sleep! I'd really have more hours in a day.

You can take me out of the drawing. I already have Midnight's Master. :)

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Sarah P. said...

hmmm... i think i would love to be able to fly. i mean, i know its not as awesome as mind reading or anything, but i've always been scared of heights.. so i figure if i can have the power of flying, i'll get over it by myself :)

7:19 AM  
Blogger limecello said...

Loved the interview! And I've been meaning to catch up on Cynthia's books :)
One superpower? That's tough - I used to always go with teleportation as my super power. Being able to get to any location in the blink of an eye? Win. But... shape shifting might be fun too - if I could become anything I wanted? Instantly lose 15 lbs. :P
But... I think I'm going to stick with teleportation for now.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Thanks for interviewing me, Elisabeth! :-)

Glad you like the sound of the book, Amy--and I have to agree, freezing time would be awesome!

Hi, Crystal! Oh, a healing power--that would come in very handy!

Laney, I sure could use that energy power right about now!

Hi, Karen! Whenever I read about a telepathic character, I always think that is such an awesome power!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Blodeuedd, I'd love to do some time freeze reading!!

Hey, Edie! How are you? Oh, and going without sleep would equal so many more writing hours for me, too!!!

Sarah, I love it when I have dreams about flying--that is so much fun!

Glad you enjoyed the interview, limecello! :-) Teleportation? Now that would be handy!

8:43 AM  
Blogger kristina shields said...

Hands down flying! How cool would that be flying in the air. Most importantly you wouldn't have to worry about stupid traffic anymore.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

I love Cynthia's works -- thanks for the great interview!

Boy, this is a tough question -- we have to be limited to just one, huh? Well, I guess I would like to be able to time travel. People write such amazing stories about other times and places, I would like to be able to check them out myself. Of course, then I would like to be able to come home to hot showers, iced lattes, and my family. ;-)

Thanks for the great contest!
~bella

8:44 AM  
Blogger jeanette8042 said...

I would love to fly! I think flying would be an exhiliratiing experience and it giives me to chance to travel to different places so much fater and easier!

9:39 AM  
Blogger tetewa said...

It would be great to be able to teleport to any place in any time!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Interview! I would have to say that mine would be mind reading. I am a nosey person, what can I say.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

I would love to be able to teleport. What a kick to bypass hours of traffic, and travel anywhere in the world by thinking it. I could explore Europe at a moment's notice, now that would be very sweet.

10:05 AM  
Blogger The Scarf Princess said...

I would love to be telepathic. If I were I could make a killing on the World Poker Tour!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Joder, you think like my husband!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Maija said...

I would love to have the ability to fly!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

I would choose teleportation, too. I would never be late for an appointment and hopefully no jet lag.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

Great interview!

I would love to be able to teleport.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Refhater said...

Great interview.

It took me a while to decide, but I think I'd like to be able to become invisible. (Mind reading and being able to see the future running second and third.) No particular reason other than it just sounds cool and like fun. And after a Monday like today, if I were invisable I'd be able to escape and have 2 seconds to myself.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Eva S said...

I'd love to be able to teleport too,it would be much easier to visit my daughters...

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great interview,I can't wait to read this series.
I would love to have healing power,like Claire on Heroes :)

elaing8(at)netscape(dot)net

1:29 PM  
Blogger LighthouseSandy said...

Since I love to read it, I'd love to experience it -- time travel. To visit certain times in history and see it with your own eyes, awesome!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Ah, so we've got several folks who want to be flyers (without the benefit of the airplane!)--nice! :-)

And Bella--thanks so much for the compliment on my work.

So many superpowers--I'd settle for any one of them!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Cybercliper said...

I love Cynthia Eden's work. Awesome writer!!! If I could have one superpower, I'd want to be telepathic - able to read minds at will. That would be way cool!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I loved Midnight's Master so don't enter me in this contest , and I enjoyed the interview.Have a great day
A super power: to make everyone happy

3:33 PM  
Blogger Pam P said...

I'd love to be able to teleport, get anywhere I want in a flash, or even fly, soaring high above.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Chelsea B. said...

I would the power to turn
invisible! I was going to say 'read minds' but now that I think about it, I'm not sure I'd really WANT to know what most people were thinking LOL.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Eden said...

Thank you, cybercliper! :-)

Hi, Diane! So glad you enjoyed Midnight's Master!

Pam P, since I'm afraid of flying (in planes), teleporting sure would be great!

Oh, Chelsea, invisibility! Such a great one!

Thank you all for the comments--now you've all got me wanting to write a story about characters with super powers!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

Wow, there are so many superpowers I wish I could have that it's hard to just pick one. I've always wanted to have teleportation powers because I hate driving myself places and I'm constantly late. However, not being able to freeze time has often been a huge disappointment for me. At one point in time or another, I've wanted to be able to fly, get things done quickly, be telpathic, and be telekinetic. I just can't decide!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Teleportation would be awesome... never be late, never deal with traffic again, forget customs and security at the airports!

Time travel would be amazing... actually visit ancient cultures!

However, I would like to be a healer; while physical healing is important and necessary, I would also like to heal emotionally and mentally. Often the wounds we can't see are the most harmful.

9:05 PM  
Blogger donnas said...

I would want to teleport. No more waiting in traffic or for a parking space. It would just be so great.

bacchus76 at myself dot com

9:17 PM  
Blogger LadyVampire2u said...

I would love to end the hurting and suffering of people by having the ability to heal.
LadyVampire2u(AT)gmail(DOT)com

12:41 AM  
Blogger Musings by Mimmi said...

Hmmm........I think I'd like to have the power travel through time~~both forward and back. I think it would be so awesome to be able to go back and forward in time and experience things we've only read about or dreamed about. LOL, but I'd like to be like Cherry Adair's Edge brother, can't remember which one, and able to actually CHANGE some things if I needed to.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Llehn said...

My power would be teleportation because public transportation is so unreliable!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com