Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Thursday, December 11, 2008 :~:

I'm Here! I'm Here!

OMG...this has just been the week from hell. One thing after another sucking up my time. I'll only touch on the highlights so I don't bore you to death...

Highlight #1: We got our Christmas Tree. Did I mention our tradition is to drive up to the hills, cut a tree ourselves at a tree farm and pack it home? And did I happen to mention that my hubby had back surgery like 3 wks ago? Um, yeah. It POURED Sunday when we drove out to the get the tree. We were all soaked, Gremlin #3 slipped four times in the mud and the tree weighed a freakin' TON. Luckily, some nice guys at the tree farm loaded the tree for us and the neighbors helped us set it up. We had to let it dry, so we didn't decorate it until Tuesday. (Much Gremlin grumbling over the two-day delay here...and they were less than thrilled with mommy's excuse that SHE HAS A BOOK COMING OUT AND THINGS TO DO!) So Tuesday afternoon I'm running around like a loon trying to get last minute details together for my last RWA meeting as president and the DH is supervising the tree decorating. Wait...let me say that again. The DH, who is still on major pain killers, can't lift things, or hang things, or really crouch down, is supervising the tree decorating. I'm sure you get the picture. The bottom half of the tree got decorated, we had (I think) six ornament casualties (thanks to Gremlin #3's slippery hands) and somehow still have an entire box of ornaments they never got to.

Highlight #2: Gremlin #2 (he's 6) got in trouble at school. Now, I only mention this in the week's highlights because it's rather comical (and if you know me at all, you'll quickly figure out why). His teacher was in front of the class, talking about Christmas or something, and said the word, "holy". Now, my lovely Gremlin, being the class clown that he is (and my son), piped up and filled in the second word before she could finish her statement. Yes, you guessed it. She said "holy", he said, "shit". In the middle of class. He came home in tears, not because the teacher punished him but because he felt bad about it (kids must have been teasing him). And he's telling the DH and I what happened and it's all I can do not to laugh my ass off. If you've read my book or plan to read my book, you'll know why this is so funny. (I SWEAR he doesn't get this from me. Uh huh...I'm sticking to that story, at least when I talk to his teacher...)

Highlight #3: I lead my last RWA chapter meeting as Mid-Willamette Valley RWA Prez. It was kind of a bittersweet moment. While being president of my local chapter has been a HUGE time commitment, I have enjoyed it. I've made some great contacts this year and as someone who likes to be involved, I found it to be very rewarding. Not that I have any intention of a second term. I'm more than happy to pass the reigns to my good friend Lisa Catto.

Highlight #4: Okay, not a highlight but an excuse as to why I wasn't around to blog much this week. My computer's in the shop (again, don't get me started). I'm hoping to get it back tomorrow. (Please God...)

And the BEST highlight...

Highlight #5: MY EDITOR SENT ME THE FIRST COPY OF MY BOOK!!!!! I was really hoping I could post a picture, but DH's laptop will not let me download my camera card for some dumb reason. So I'll post it as soon as I get my laptop back (please, tomorrow...). STOLEN FURY is beautiful. I keep looking at it, opening it, reading a page here and there, closing it and putting it away. I don't want to bend the spine (I'm a major dork, I know), so I read it barely cracked. I'm showing it to everyone. And when my mother tonight saw it and said, "I want to take it to work tomorrow and show everyone," my eyes got big as saucers. I'm not entirely sure what words I used, but they might have been similar to what got Gremlin #3 in trouble at school. Needless to say, she's agreed to wait a few weeks to show everyone at her work.

Okay, so, before I forget...BE SURE TO CHECK BACK HERE MONDAY, DECEMBER 15TH, 2008. My contest is going to go live that day and you do NOT want to miss it. It's going to be FUN.

Labels: , ,

4Comments:

Blogger Alice Sharpe said...

Eli -- Man, you have had a week!

And I can attest, your book is just beautiful. Now, see, I like to see a book of mine all crumpled with page corners turned back and the cover smudged with chocolate, etc... I love the used look of a book well read. You may get there later when there's not just ONE copy to hold and fondle or maybe you won't.

Frankly, I love to see the way you embrace every detail, every new moment of your experience. That's a gift. I'm a "Yeah, yeah, okay, let's move on," kind of gal and watching you now, I can see what I missed by not stopping to soak it all in!

LOL about Gremlin #2. The little guy sounds a lot like my Hayden, wants to be the clown, loves the laughs, isn't quite comfortable being in the spotlight.

You were a great president for the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA. I have a feeling Lisa will keep you involved (Maybe you could change your phone number, heh, heh, heh.)

I'll be sure to check back next Monday to see what all the hoopla is about!!!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Release day is ALMOST here!!!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Eli, what a crazy, busy, laughing and smiling week you had! How fun to end up with your beautiful book in your hand and your mom wanting to take it to work and show it off. :)

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your book Elisabeth! I can't even imagine the feeling...how awesome for you! (your little guy sounds a lot like my daughter...the stories I could tell!)

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com