Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Thursday, December 04, 2008 :~:

Catching Up

As most of you know, I'm not a big TV-watcher. I just don't have time. I write primarily in the evenings after the Gremlins go to bed, during prime TV-watching hours. After finishing a project though, I always take some time off to catch up on shows I enjoy (like House). Now is no exception. Especially with the DH off work due to his back surgery recovery. We've watched a lot of House, the series end of The Shield, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (have you seen this? If not, you're truly missing out. Hi-larious) and I've become addicted to The National Geographic Channel (they have REALLY cool stuff on there!). But when I caught DH watching Martha Stewart the other day (he's really getting bored being home during the day) I decided it was time to trade in the TV lineup and catch up on all those DVDs I've skipped over. Here's what we've watched lately:

Silverado (1985) - How did I never see this before? Very simple storyline set in the old west that can't live up to today's plot lines, but the star-studded cast makes it worth watching: Kevin Kline, Scott Glenn, Danny Glover, John Cleese & a young Kevin Costner (who makes it just plain fun).






The Happening (2008) - Who doesn't love Marky Mark? M. Night Shyamalan's latest where plants turn on humans. A little environmentally over the top for me, but I enjoyed it.









X-Files: I Want To Believe (2008) - Ah, Mulder & Scully. I miss them. I loved the series and couldn't wait to see this movie. Unfortunately it was here and gone from the theatre before I had a chance, but I enjoyed the DVD even if it wasn't alien related. And for those of you who always wanted that romance element between the two to jump a notch? In this one it did.






Hancock (2008) - I had such high hopes for this one. It had a great premise and I love paranormals. We watched it last night. I usually love Will Smith, but the chemistry between him and Charlize Theron just wasn't there and I didn't buy into their connection. I also thought it had a really lousy end. I'm sure the writers were setting it up for a sequel but...they didn't set it up nearly enough to make me want to watch another one. And the whole early scene with Will and some chick in his trailer? Let me just say...ew.



Tropic Thunder (2008) - Oh, boy. Another one I had high hopes for. Generally, I enjoy Ben Stiller, and I'd been looking forward to this one. But they lost me with Jack Black's gaseous drug addict character.







The Lazarus Project (2008) - This one truly hurt. And not because it was a bad movie. But because...Paul Walker filmed this movie not more than 30 minutes from my house...only minutes from where I used to teach...and I didn't know he was even here!!!!! Oh, the heartbreak! (Probably a good thing. Had I known, I'd have been stalking the movie set). I liked this one. Good premise, good suspense. Kept my interest until the very end. I did think the end was a bit weak, but I still liked it.



Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) - Okay, I saw this one in the theatre, but we rented it for the Gremlins and I watched it again. I love Indy and always will. Loved the reunion with Marion, loved Mutt. Wasn't entirely wild about the alien angle, but I'm excited to see if they make another movie. I'll definitely be there.





We Own The Night (2007) - Joaquin & Mark. No better combo out there. Don't know why I didn't see this one sooner either. Really enjoyed it.







There are more...lots on cable and a few in the theatre, most of which I can't remember...but those are the highlights. It's fun to veg out in front of the TV watching movies now and then, though I think I'm reaching my limit.

So did you see any of these movies? What did you think? And have you seen anything good lately you'd recommend? The DH still has another three weeks or so before he goes back to work, and the way things are going, if I don't find some other interesting movies for him to watch, I may have to put a parental lock on the daytime TV selections...

Labels: ,

2Comments:

Blogger Kendra said...

Nothing better than a DVD fest at home. I'm always up for talking movies. You never watched Silverado??? Classic. What a cast.

Has your husband watched Heros? I watched the first season on DVD a few weeks ago. Very addictive. 24 is also an excellent series to watch on DVD. I couldn't stand Keifer Sutherland until I watched 24. My husband and I became fans during the first episode. Serious hero material there.

If he needs to laugh go for Arrested Development or Curb Your Enthusiasm. Both shows have amazing writing.

I gotta check out We Own the Night. Joaquin and Mark are two of my favorites.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Oooh, I'd totally forgotten about DVD sets. I've been hesitant to start Heroes for fear I'd get sucked in. May have to pick a few up and see what the buzz is all about. And we've watched 24 here and there and both loved it...we just never stayed up on it. Watching full seasons makes total sense. Thanks for the suggestions, Kendra!

(And for the record, I've loved Keifer ever since his Lost Boy days. *sigh*...)

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com