Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Thursday, September 04, 2008 :~:

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Yep, you guessed it. School's...back...in...session. (You have to sing that to the tune of "School's Out for Summer" to get the full effect of my excitement here.) :)

Funny how I've changed my tune from my teaching days when I dreaded the start of school. Now I adore it! I honestly didn't realize how hard it would be to write with the kids home this summer, but I've learned my lesson. Next summer...Camps! (lots of them!)... Chores every day (to keep them busy and to keep them from whining about being bored!)... Naps! (mostly for me!) Slowly but surely I'll figure this out.

As far as the job goes, I'd like to say I've been as productive as Lin this summer...writing a whole book in two months, or Joan...practicing her skills on super-buff convicts, or Lisa...digging up dead bodies and studying blood splatters on ancient walls. But, alas, I think they all kicked my butt. On the writing front, though, I HAVE been a promo monster lately - gearing up for the big release of STOLEN FURY December 30th. So much to do between now and then, but I'm getting very excited (and nervous). And after all my tinkering and pondering and eyebrow pulling this last month (which is normal for me when I hit the 3/4 mark), I *think* I've finally worked out the bugs in my plot. So I'm cruising through the last few chapters now. The bane of my writer's existence is where to start a story - I know all writers struggle with this - so I bit the bullet and sent the most recent first three chapters to my CPs, then held my breath. Luckily, they loved it. One even asked me when she can read the rest...she's dying to know what happens next! I live to hear that. Hopefully my editor will love it just as much.

On that note, I'm going to leave you with some pics from San Fran because I kept promising to post them, then kept getting distracted.

This is me with my super-cute (and uber-talented) editor, Leah Hultenschmidt, at the Dorchester dinner Friday night.


This is me and my fabulous agent, Laura Bradford, after the awards ceremony on Saturday. Incidentally, I'm looking at my contract now, thinking, "Wow...she's awesome!!!"

You can check out more pics from San Fran by going to my website. I posted a whole bunch there.

How's the return of school treating you? Are you loving it as much as I am?

Labels: ,

5Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

How's school you ask? 20 kids in my homeroom and 15 of them are boys. I had 2 parent conferences the first week of school for bullying/teasing issues. Enough said.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Oh yeah, and these are 6th graders.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Delilah Marvelle said...

I am FINALLY getting back to writing! Yay! (I feel like such a horrible mother, LOL).

3:06 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Eek, Lexi!

And no horrid mother, Delilah. You've been a wee-bit busy. ;)

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, nice dress, Eli.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com