Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 :~:

Home From Paradise

Wow, the last month feels like a whirlwind. Thankfully, though, I'm home now from all my trips, re-acclimating to real life (so sad!) and counting down the days until school starts up again (2 weeks...can you tell I'm excited!!!!)

The DH and I had a fabulous time in Hawaii. We stayed in a high-end condo in Waikoloa on the big island, which was absolutely beautiful. No view of the ocean, but it did have a wonderful view of the pool, was close to the King & Queen shopping centers, and was only a 5-10 min. walk to the beach. We didn't "do" anything exciting other than lay on the beach, swim in the ocean, drink like fish and go out to eat. I'd wanted to go see the volcano - which became active again about three weeks ago - but when we learned it was a 3.5 hr. drive one way and another 1.5 hr. hike in to actually see the flow, we decided that was too much time away from our "relaxation" and opted to stay right where we were. The goal of the trip was to relax and recharge our batteries, and that's exactly what we did.

Since the hubby asked me not to work on our week away, I took eight books with me - not out of the norm for me on vacation. How many did I read? Only two, and one novella on the flight home. (Both of Roxanne St. Claire's newest Bullet Catcher Books and Cindy Gerard's latest novella, Desert Heat - all three were great.) In all actuality, I was too stressed to read. You see, I'd printed out Stolen Fury for the DH to read on the beach, per his request. He'd read the first four chapters a while back, but not the entire book. So while he read, all comfy and kicked back in his beach chair, I pretty much sat chewing my nails (and drinking to stay sane). It was nerve-wracking! Especially because he kept putting the book down and heading off to swim. Now, you have to know my hubby. He's not a swimmer. Not really. He likes the water, but swimming isn't his favorite pasttime. So finally, at the end of my rope, I just asked what was up. Did he not like the book? Was it not holding his attention? What was the deal?!

His answer? "It's hot! And we're here with friends! I have to keep heading off to the water to cool down!"

Okay...that answer made me smile. :) The DH got brownie points for that one.

I would definitely go back to Waikoloa. The beaches are beautiful. Hapuna Beach up the road from us was white sand with that turquoise blue water you associate with the Caribbean. The Hilton Waikoloa resort was gorgeous and definitely a place we want to visit again with the kids. (It's so big, they have a tram that travels from one end of the resort to the other!). And the weather was just perfect.

So here are a few pics from the trip...


View from the Hilton Waikoloa putting green at sunset.



The DH and I at the Hilton Waikoloa.

My Henna tattoo. It's a dragonfly. I wanted a fury, but they didn't have one. :(


Dinner in Kona.

Dinner at Roy's in Waikoloa.

What I love most about Hawaii is that all the islands are different. Maui is completely different in landscape and lifestyle than the big island. Both are gorgeous in different ways. Next year I want to try Kauai, so if you know of any great places to stay, I'm all ears.
Okay...later this week I promise to post more pics from San Francisco. I have a whole bunch I didn't get up before I left on vacation. As for me, I'm back to work on Stolen Seduction. My week away did wonders...I love this book! (Tomorrow I'll probably hate it. LOL)
Have you been to Hawaii? What's your favorite island or resort?

Labels:

10Comments:

Blogger Roxanne St. Claire said...

I'm so honored to be on your short list of vaca books, Miss Elisabeth! Thank you! But I had to laugh out loud at your description of DH reading the manuscript. I am so there with you. Every two minutes, every time he flips a page, I launch my barrage. "Do you like it? How was that scene? Too much? Not enough?" And when he smiles or laughs, I'm on him. "What? What did you like? What?"

We writers are the worst neurotic messes!

Don't you just LURVE Hawaii? It's one of my all time favorite slices of paradise! You look great and I love the tat!

Best,
Rocki

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad you had a great time, Eli! I Love Kauai, we stay in Princeville. Love. It!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Sounds like a great trip! I've been to Honolulu and more recently to Kauai. On Kauai, we stayed in Poipu (sp?) and Hanalei Bay.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Kendra said...

Poipu area on Kauai is the best. We have reservations for April. Want to come?

12:08 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Thanks, Rocki. It's so nice to know I'm not a neurotic mess alone. :)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Adding that to my list. Thanks, Karin!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Which did you like better, Lexi?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

oooh...Kendra. Now that sounds like fun. Will have to think about that one. ;)

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elisabeth, these photos are gorgeous. And I love your husband's reaction to the book

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, lady! We stayed at the Hilton Waikoloa on our honeymoon--it was amazing! We loved riding the boat to breakfast and dinner across the resort. I'm totally jealous you can just say you're going back to Hawaii next year--it's such a haul for us we haven't been back yet!

You and Dan look great!! I love his reaction to your manuscript--I can't wait to read it myself! I think I may have a copy of your first one on my hard drive somewhere--hee hee! Since I thought that one was great, I know your new ones are awesome. Good luck with the new stuff--let's chat soon!

Love ya,
Tiki

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com