Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Thursday, July 10, 2008 :~:



Thirteen Things That Get In The Way Of Writing
13. Kids home from school. (Need I say more?)
12. Swim meets in the heat of the day. Or at the break of dawn. Or all day long. Take your pick. You have not proven your dedication as a parent until you've sat through your child's swim meet.
11. The DH working from home. With the kids home from school. Double whammy.
10. Slamming doors. (As a result of #13)
9. "Mom, I'm hungry." (Repeated ten-thousand times, especially five minutes after their last meal.)
8. Promotion - A never-ending, necessary evil I'm slowly learning. (Thank God my editor takes pity on me!)
7. Weekends - Don't people understand writers don't have weekends?!
6. Water fights. All over my office window. Especially bad when said window is open.
5. Parental yelling (usually mine). Also directly related to #'s 13, 11, 10, 9 and especially 6.
4. RWA chapter work. I love it. But it's a time suck. Totally worthwhile though.
3. The phone. Period.
2. The TV. Even on in the other room I can hear it. Usually Hannah Montana or SpongeBob. Not conducive to writing love scenes.
And the number one thing that gets in the way of summertime writing (and my deadline):
1. The DH (bless his heart). "Hey, honey. Need any help researching those scenes?"
What's distracting you this summer?

Labels:

2Comments:

Blogger Kendra said...

Most of mine are related to #13. My wonderful neighbors and I sat down with our calendars and tried to plan outings together with our collective nine kids. While they are excitedly talking about day hikes, park trips, and afternoons at outdoor pools, I'm cringing inside, thinking "I'm not going to get a thing done that day."

I'll add: Nationals are creeping up and I desperately need to go clothes shopping. And get my hair cut and highlighted. And get a pedicure. Prepare a pitch. Update my Xanax prescription.

Huh. Number one isn't an issue in our house. How long have you been married?

4:37 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

ROFL, Kendra. The Xanax had me wondering...

And too funny about #1. We've been married a looooooong time. ;) Let's just say my DH definitely likes that I write romance.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com