Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Friday, June 27, 2008 :~:

Good Things

Whew! Finally two minutes of peace. Is anyone else ready to send their kids back to school?

I know I promised to blog about my vacation yesterday, but my editor sent my line edits for STOLEN FURY and I spent all day yesterday working through them. I'm happy to say they're done and gone this morning, which is a nice thing to have off my plate. Either I've grown a thick skin, or I've learned to step back from my work and look at things objectively. Honestly, even six months ago I used to cringe when I'd open crits from CPs or an email from my agent regarding submissions. These days though, no sweat (well, hardly any anyway). I'm lucky in that I've surrounded myself with people - CPs, agent, editor - who know what they're doing.

My line edits all-in-all weren't too bad. And while I was deathly afraid of the horror stories I'd heard from some authors about editors rewriting their sentences and effectively changing their voice, that didn't happen in my case. My editor has a great eye for what doesn't need to be there or what lines can be moved around to different locations for maximum impact. And while I was a wee bit sad at a few areas we had to trim (mostly secondary character development) the manuscript was not impacted by those changes. It's still the exact same book I wrote and fell in love with.

As for vacation, I'm still nursing a blister on my hand from playing golf two days in a row. But, boy, it was worth it. I haven't golfed in probably five years, but apparently I have a natural swing (ROFL...or so my hubby and golf-obsessed friends told me). And I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The second day we took the kids golfing late in the afternoon and that was a hoot. My 3-yr old loved driving the golf cart (on my lap). Putting isn't his specialty - he runs around and picks up everyone's balls - but he was happy to have the job of holding my clubs. We swam everyday and I got way more sun than I should have (shhh...don't tell my mother), and for my g'friend's birthday the adults went to this beautiful restaurant on Suttle Lake housed in an old boat house. Very fun - and The Lodge at Suttle Lake is absolutely gorgeous. I definitely want to make plans to go back there.

Next trip on my plate is RWA in San Fran. Followed by Hawaii (sans kiddos) less than a week later. The hubby has told me since he's not taking his laptop to Hawaii, I'm not taking mine (don't worry, Leah...I can sneak my notebook in my bag if I'm behind), so I guess I'd better get back to the wip.

Do you have any trips planned this summer? If so, where?

Labels: ,

4Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

I would like to finish my WIP's 2nd draft, start queries and brainstorm the next story so NO, YOU CANNOT SEND THE KIDS BACK TO SCHOOL YET!!!!

I head out to RI in less than 9 hours for a week and a half, then a week and a half in NC and then 2 more weeks in RI with family & friends. Wheeeeeeee!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Have fun, Lexi!!!

10:04 PM  
Blogger TJ Brown said...

Your vacation sounds wonderful...I could use a vacation! Congrats on getting your line edits done. Such a relief.

Oh, and I ran a mile nonstop today:)
Teri

7:13 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Woohoo on the running, Teri. You go, girl!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com