Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Sunday, February 17, 2008 :~:

To National or Not To National?

That's the question I'm grappling with these days.

I've done three so far - Reno, Atlanta, Dallas. All have been great. I've had a wonderful time, learned a lot, networked, networked, networked. I know the networking in and of itself is invaluable, but this year I'm still undecided. The first year I went it was all new and exciting (and Reno was cheap!). Atlanta was worth it because I won the conference registration in a contest and extended my stay to visit relatives in Alpharetta. And Dallas was a yes because I was a GH finalist. This year - San Francisco - is close, but expensive. The conference registration fee is higher, hotel is higher, and since I haven't sold yet, I'm not sure it's worth it. In addition to that, as great as Nationals is, the novelty of the whole thing has worn off. Until I sell, I don't know if it's worth the money. So I've decided to wait another month and see what happens before I make my final decision. I'd love to go...but...but...but...

Yeah. Lots of big ol' butts in there.

So what about you? Going for sure? Still undecided? Or definitely no?

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger Kendra said...

I booked my room because I had Marriott points to pay for it. But I haven't registered yet. That fee is big. I think I'll wait until my husband gets his bonus in March.

I just looked at air fare yesterday and wasn't impressed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for something under $180. Most have been closer to $230 or $250.

I've never gone to nationals because I didn't see the point and the timing never worked. I'd like to go this year since it is so close. I'd also like to go when it's in Nashville. Yee-haw.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Lexi said...

I'm not going. I'm trying to save some money and get out of debt. Plus, I'm with you on the "I haven't sold yet" thinking AND what's worse is I have nothing to pitch right now. (Well, hopefully by summertime I will but I'm still not going!) I am DEFINITELY going to DC in '09 though.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

I'm going though I've had doubts. I would like to catch a larger publishing house, get a little more exposure, but at the same time- I hate how large Nationals is.

And with you, Lisa, and Alice all backing out- I've a feeling I'll be all by my lonely down there. But I guess it will be another character building experience!

I've saved to go, I have air miles I can use for the flight. And I hope to get some good proposals written up.

Hope you change your mind, but- if not, I'll be the lone MWVRWA member there!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com