Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Sunday, January 20, 2008 :~:

This & That

Hmm...Jan. 2nd to Jan. 20th. Not quite three weeks. This is a blogging improvement!

First of all, some news. The girls at RWKF have decided to take a blogging break. J's going back to work full time, Lin's tackling grad school on top of working full time AND writing for Sahmain, and me? Well, I go with the flow. My RWA chapter duties as the new pres. have taken up way more time than I'd like, and I'm still not back to 100% after being sick over the holidays (still fighting this ear infection. Gah! Talk about irritating). I'm also knee-deep in revisions my agent wanted on my last book and all that coupled with my almost-three-year-old who doesn't like me to spend too much time on the computer lately has limited my online time. We're not finished blogging at RWKF, just taking a break, so don't count us out totally. I'll let you know when we're back up and running. In the meantime, I'll try to check in here more often, and you can also find me at my chapter blog every other Friday.

My girlfriend got me a great Christmas gift which I keep meaning to share with you. It's a desk calendar called "An Insult A Day". I know, I know...what? But I guess you'd have to hear my humor in person to get that. I'm fairly snarky and my characters tend to be snarky as well. My g'friend thought the daily reminder would be a good way to "get in the snark mood" for writing. So far it's just darn entertaining. A few snippets from the last few days:

She's so stupid she returns bowling balls because they've got holes in them.- Comedian Joan Rivers.

I've been asked to say a few words about my husband. How about "short" and "Cheep". - Comedian Phylis Diller

Don't be fooled by the dumb blonde routine. This woman [Pamela Anderson] is as smart a rock.- talk show host Jimmy Kimmel

You have the charisma of a wax dummy. - American Idol judge Simon Cowell

See the allure? LOL

And finally, I'm taking an informal poll. What do you think about reunion stories? Love 'em, hate 'em, ambivalent toward them? Any you've read that have been done really well? How did the author tackle the whole past relationship thing? As you can see, I'm dealing with this issue in my revisions.

Labels: , ,

4Comments:

Blogger Kendra said...

Too bad about the other blog for now. I don't know how you three ladies blog as much as you do. And I forgot about the the chapter blog!

Reunion stories. Love to read 'em. But have never written one. I would have assumed it would create a lot of lovely backstory to flesh out the conflicts of the present. But sounds like you know differently!

I'll check through my personal library to find some of my favorites.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Hey, I asked about reunion stories on my blog the other day! I personally don't care for them unless they're extremely well done. One of my favorite stories is a reunion story (Emily McKay's Perfectly Saucy). For a brief second or two I thought my current story was going that direction (hence the reason for the blog post about it), but I was wrong. Thank gawd. I don't want to write one of those.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

I haven't been to the RWKF blog for a while. Too many things have kept me busy.

As for the reunion story question- I don't think I've ever read one. I don't read a ton (though I should) and it's usually more historical romance and contemporary and I - wait I did read one by LaVyrle Spencer ages ago. But you know, I don't remember very much about it. She also had one where the heroine's husband died as sea and she remarried only to have the husband return. That one was interesting.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

I enjoy reunion stories. My first adult-type books were Harlequins. I probably started reading them when I was about 11 or 12. So reunion, friends to lovers, MOC, secret baby, feuding families and the like just feel like old friends, whether done a la Susan Wiggs in a women's fiction or any medium.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com