Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 :~:

El Presidente

Yup, that's me. As of last night I am the new president-elect of my local RWA chapter. Scary thought, eh? I don't officially take office until January, but I tried to get the ol' DH to acknowledge me as Supreme Ruler when I got home. He just scoffed and rolled his eyes, then cursed my chapter mates for unkowningly (knowingly???) making his life hell for the next year. (He says power goes to my head. But really, do I seem like a power monger to you????) Alas, I think I'm going to have to have a chat with my royal subjects so they understand the hierarchy here (specifically, DH).

In all seriousness, the meeting last night was great. I'm stoked over my new executive board. We have a great group of ladies with a lot of excitement. Lots of changes and - hopefully - good things on the horizon. I'm a little nervous, but I think it'll be a great year. I can't wait until the new website is launched and we're off and rolling.

So now I'm going to turn things over to you...what do you like most about your local chapter? What things work for your chapter? What things don't work? What do you wish you could change?

Labels:

6Comments:

Blogger Karen Duvall said...

How exciting, Eli! Congratulations! And what new changes are in store for us? I hope someone plans to write up the minutes and post them on the loop.

Before moving to Oregon I belonged to the CRW and Heart of Denver chapters of RWA. But I didn't participate all that much, just went to a couple of meetings a year. They had an online critique group that was kind of cool, but very inconsistent and wildly irratic as far as experience levels went. One of them had a pretty good conference every year, though I can't remember which one it was. But it was at the Grey Castle, and that was cool!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Supreme Ruler,

When do we lessers of the court get our tiaras? And can you get us some hunky Knights too? If not, I refuse to release any treasury funds to you until I get at least one of my requests.

Sincerely,

Her Royal Treasurership-ness Piper

p.s. I feel very sorry for you. (bwahahahahah!!!)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Supreme Ruler,

I know you and the new board have the best interest of the chapter in mind and will do an awesome job for the group. I think we may see an upswing in attendance with the list of opportunities we have coming up.

Go forth and conquer- as long as you don't make me chair of anything! LOL

Soon to be retired- Supreme Ruler

9:09 AM  
Blogger Alice Sharpe said...

Supreme ruler, huh?

Hey, missy, has power gone to your head already?
Yikes, what trouble might we minions be in for?

Truly, I am excited that you are so enthusiastic. You do have a good board and I sure wish I had been at the meeting to share the fun.

Once we get your head back down to normal size (my sympathies are with your dh) then we're going to have to go to work on her royal Treasureship-ness, Miss Piper.

It's going to be a long year.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Woohoo! Congrats, prez! I'm sure you'll do an awesome job!

My local chapter is full of excited people who bring up neat activities/ special projects for us to do. (Like our annual retreat, 100 word or other challenges, pitch practice with our PANs for PROs meeting with editors/ agents at National). We're a very supportive bunch and we try to schedule events/ speakers for the whole group as well as specific to PAN, PRO or newbie.

3:58 PM  
Blogger MJFredrick said...

Congratulations, E! Good luck!

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com