Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Sunday, October 14, 2007 :~:

Changes

I guess I should start this by reassuring Lexi I haven't fallen off the challenge bandwagon. While I haven't been writing consistently every day (I've been sheepish the past two weeks as I transitioned into a new proposal and found myself floundering), I am very much still a part of the 100-Day challenge and even posted an update (renewed challenge?) at my chapter blog on Friday. As of last check (Friday), I was on day 40 and had written 49,000 words. So I'm nearly halfway to my 100K word goal with 60 days to go. Not bad. How are the rest of you doing?

Now to changes. Don't worry, I haven't totally lost my mind (as evidenced by my last post a few weeks ago), but I'm close. What had me in such a tither? Change. I'll admit I'm not great with it. But as Alice so eloquently pointed out on my day of frustration, it really was a Star Wars moment after all, and I eventually did step up and face my destiny. Two weeks ago I was going to run for vice president of my local RWA chapter. After some changes (our president elect decided to resign for personal reasons), we found ourselves without a president. Yours truly has taken the bait and will now be running for president instead. The way our bylaws are set up, the vice president automatically assumes the presidency after a year serving as VP, so this would have hit me eventually anyway, it's just happening a lot sooner than I expected. Nothing's set in stone yet - elections are this coming Tuesday - but unless a sleeper candidate emerges from the shadows (Ha!), it looks as though I'm going to be in charge. (Now that's a scary thought).

I'm excited about the upcoming office, but also nervous and worried people have more faith in me than they should. I've served as secretary of our chapter for the past few years so I sorta know what's going on, but mostly I'll be flying blind. Luckily, I have a great group of upcoming officers and there's a lot of energy and excitement in the chapter right now. Hopefully we'll be able to harness that and get some great things done this year. And when all else fails, I have my friend and CP - Joan - to commiserate with as she recently started her own RWA chapter and is a president herself now. (Joan, how the heck did this happen to both of us???)

Wish me luck.


Labels: ,

5Comments:

Blogger Paty Jager said...

You are going to do a great job!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Yes, I bet you'll be a most excellent prez! And kudos on the challenge! Keep up the great work. I just re-inspired so I'm running while the inspiration is there.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Thanks, Paty. :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Go, Lexi!

And thanks. Your kids alone are enough to reinspire someone.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Wanna hear more? I've got 4 or 5 of my kids asking to go the distance with me and do 100 days!!! Guess I should make sure to get my words done each day then for sure.

The rest only have one more week.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com