Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 :~:

Happy Days & Word Count Update

School starts back up tomorrow. Woohooo! (Can you tell I'm excited???) Actually, school for the 3rd grader starts tomorrow, my Kindergartner won't start until next Monday (what's up with that????? I swear schools in OR start later than everyone else in the frickin' universe.) But what has me really excited is the fact Gremlin #2 got afternoon K, which means....since Gremlin #3 takes an afternoon nap, I'll have 2.5 WHOLE hours of peace in my house where I can write and edit without constant interruptions. Man, I won't know what to do with myself!

Speaking of writing, those of you who are taking the 100-day challenge are starting up today. Paty, Lisa, Alice, Lexi...I'm going to be hounding each of you. Whatever you set for your daily goal...you can do it. (Joan's already been cooking on her daily word counts, so I don't have to hound her as much...esp. since this was her idea to begin with.) Trust me when I say, it's easier than it sounds. In fact, now that I'm making writing a habit again, I can't believe how the words are flowing. Last night I wrote 2756 words, stayed up until midnight and didn't even notice the time. I'm keeping a running spreadsheet total because, yes, I am a bit neurotic in some areas, and since I've now been at this a week, I can report that in 7 days I have written 17,379 NEW words in 81 pages. Now, I know for those of you who consistently write 10 pgs a day, that's no biggie, but it is for me. I can't remember the last time I was so productive (and that doesn't take into account what I edited and rewrote during the day either, that's just all new stuff). It feels AWESOME!!! Alice told me the other day that it was an interesting concept - she was writing and just decided to check her total. When she saw she was at 600 words, she figured heck, she could force herself to get to 1000...and she did. I bet she went over. Every time I've been stuck and forced myself to write a little more, I've gone over with less effort than I expected.

So girls...today is the start of the 100 day challenge. Go forth and write! (And report back on how you did. I'll be checking your blogs.)

Labels: , ,

8Comments:

Blogger Lisa Pulliam said...

I can hear the glee in your typing! If that's even possible...yay for school! And way to go on the word count last night!! You must be just about at the end, wooooot! I've written 60 words so far, lol. Hey, it's something ;)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

I'm at computer count- 2,254,now I have to go edit. But if I can sneak in some more writing time today, I'll let you know! And Eli is this where you want us to report every day? Or on our own personal blogs? Just so I'm doing this right.

As for back to school- I remember those days when I could hardly wait for school to start back up because it meant more computer/writing time! so cograts on getting that 2.5 hours to write- go forth and put words on paper!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

ROFL, Lisa. Yes! Shouts of gleeeeeee!!!

Although . . . we went to open house tonight and met Gremlin #1's teacher. He's a he (her first male teacher), which isn't a big deal really except for the fact (excuse me while I puke) his ENTIRE room was decorated in Duck paraphernalia. Oh man, thinking we may need to request a transfer...

Oh, yeah. Word count. DUH!!! 60 is a good start. Now KEEP GOING!!! I know you can do eeeet.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Wow, Paty! You're cookin' on this first day! Way to go!

You can update here or on your blog, doesn't matter to me. I'll check your blog each day just to be safe, and if I don't see an update from you in either place, I know where to find you. ;)

6:39 PM  
Blogger Joan Swan said...

Okay, so I'm at 1258 for today (which, whimpily, includes my blog).

But I have to say, those thousand words seemed to flow easier when I started. Now I check and I'm only at 400 words, then I check again and I'm only at 650.

Why is it getting harder rather than easier.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Some days are just harder than other, J. Don't give up. Keep writing.

I wrote 1419 new today, more if you count what I rewrote from yesterday, but I'm not counting those rewrites in. I'm at the climax and it can go one of two ways. One is easy to write. The other will require a little more research (I'm bugged out of research on this book at this point). I'm going to call it quits for the night as 1) I'm wiped out and 2) I need to decide which route exactly I'm going to take.

One thing's for certain though. I'm almost done with the book from Hades. Thank the blessed stars above.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Yay to all of us in the challenge! We can do it, whether 100 a day or 1000. Although, I'd LOVE to be in the 1000 group! I made 183 for 9/4 and today I've hit over 400 so far. My students are doing their own version of the challenge too, which I'll be blogging about tonight.

Everybody say it with me- I think I can, I think I can, I know I can!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Joan Swan said...

Way to go, Lexi and E!!

I stumbled out 1313 today, with a headache and taxi duty and tennis drug-testing drama and capsizing on the lake...

**breath of relief** don't have to do it again until tomorrow.

*phew*

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com