Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 :~:

Goals

Okay, I'm throwing this out there. Blame Joan for talking me into a mini-writing challenge last night.

I agreed to writing 1000 words a day for 100 days. Which would technically give me a 100,000-word manuscript in roughly 3 1/3 months. Of course, I'm not starting anything new, and I'm not going to try to finish a new book. I am, however, going to work on several different things and spread my 100,000-words out over a variety of projects.

So, between now and the middle of December, I'm going to:

1. Finish DTM. I have 8 scenes to go. Polish it and get it off to my agent.
2. Incorporate CP edits into BTS. Polish one more time and send off to my agent.
3. Finish proposal for V (polish first three chapters and write dreaded synopsis). Send to agent.

And while doing all that polishing, I still need to get my 1000-words a day in on the following projects:

4. Write proposal for Marked (working title).
5. Write proposal for Proof Positive (working title).

That's it. Between now and Christmas (basically), I want to send two full ms's to my agent and three proposals. Then I'll decide which proposal I'm going to zoom in on and finish.

What are your goals for the rest of 2007?

Labels:

8Comments:

Blogger Joan Swan said...

Holy cow!! You one-upped me on that writing challenge deal.

I said: 1000 a day.

I DIDN'T say: 1000 words a day for 100 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lordy!

But, okay, I'm game. Anyone else want to join us? Comeon, you know you wanna.

Like E, I want to spread my 1000 words out over a few projects.
1) Continue writing first draft of Black Velvet (working title)

2) Finish the last 2-5 chapters of Dead Man's Hand.

3) Polish DMH for 2008 GH entry.

4) Take another look at both Safe In Enemy Arms and The Art of Danger and polish for a possible second entry in the 2008 GH

I think that's it for me.

Thanks, E. I wrote my first 705 words this morning. Planning on finishing up that lingering 295 this afternoon.

:-)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

ROFLMAO. Did you or did you not say at 1000 words a day you could have a 100,000-word ms in little more than 3 months????

Your goals sound great, J.

And now that Gremlin #3 is napping, I'm off to tackle those 1000 words.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

1000 words a day???? You're BOTH crazy! I could handle 100 words a day for 100 days.

My goals for the ret of the year are:

1. Polish TCAFS and start submitting it.

2. Polish FP (AGAIN) with all the things I've learned since I first "finished" it just to prove to myself that I can.

Plot HHC and book #4 in my series.
Begin writing HHC.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

LOL, Lexie. I think you'd be surprised at what you can do if you put your mind to it (says she who is only one day into this. LOL).

Your goals sound great. Good luck with all your subs!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Joan Swan said...

Lexi, you can absolutely do it!! But if you want to set your own goal of 100 x 100 -- then report back to us on how it's going!

I got 1249 words in today. Wanted to get more, but I'm about tapped out.

Tomorrow is another day for another 1000k words.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Okay. I can't start this week. (I have other priorities) But I'll start next week with the 1000 words a day because I will be starting the third Petticoat book and I plan to smoke that puppy out!

So on Tuesday, September 4th- I'll start the 1000 a day challenge! That's only four pages a day and I can usually crank out 8-10.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Joan, as I was writing my first post I figured one of you would throw out that challenge! So, count me in! Only, like Paty I've got to wait. I'll OFFICIALLY start on Tuesday too!

Oh, and I just thought up ANOTHER new suspense premise to play with even though I haven't written a suspense in over a year and a half!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Woohoo, Paty and Lexi!

Okay...challenge is starting for you two next Tuesday. I'm holding you both to it. :)

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com