Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Thursday, August 30, 2007 :~:

Beaver Nation Is Back in Black!!! (And Word Count Update)

It's that time of year again! Beaver football kicks off tonight. We're ditching the kids and going to the game with friends. I'm looking forward to getting away for the evening.

Of course, that means I have to get my 1000 words in before we go.

And that, of course, leads me to my word count update. Yesterday I hurt my back picking up Gremlin #3 and ended up spending most of the day on the couch. Bad for my back. Good for the writing. I wrote 6168 words!!!! It would be better if all those words had gone into the WIP that desperately needs to be finished, but I had an epiphany about a new proposal I want to write and the first chapter completely popped into my head. When something like that hits, you don't question it or push it aside. I ended up writing the entire first chapter of the new book (24 pgs) and then bounced over to write three pages in the WIP. I would have stayed up and kept going on the WIP, but by that point I was wiped. So today...the 1000 words are going in the WIP. Have to get through this scene so I can get to the good one which comes next. :)

How are your goals going?

Labels: ,

11Comments:

Blogger Joan Swan said...

Oh. My. God.

You're smokin'!

Hope your back feels better!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Eli, that's good going. Well done. My goal is 7 pages a day, but I have my sister and her husband and 1 yo staying at the moment. No pages are being written. But tomorrow is another day :).

2:33 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Awesome on the words! Sorry about the back!

I actually decided to bring our writing challenge to my students and amazingly several of them are interested in trying to write 50 words for 50 days. We talked a lot about it and I'm so excited! I'm planning to get prizes for those who participate and last a while. I told them all about our challenge and their eyes bugged out when I said you guys were writing 1000 words a day.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Alice Sharpe said...

Hey Eli -- Sorry about the back. Your word count contest/goal sounds interesting and if I were writing a book and not a proposal, I would be mighty tempted to horn in on the action! You did smoke yesterday...I love days like that (without the pain thing...)

Thanks for the plug about my blog and glad I could make you feel better about your emotional stability.

Go Beavers! Have fun.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Football season has started!
Hubby flew out with his team this a.m..

Oh, and good job on the word count. :)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Joan Swan said...

Lexi,

I'll bet your students will be amazed how easy it is to write 50 words for 50 days.

I've been writing for 5 years and I was shocked at how easy 1000 words were to kick out.

Let us know how they do!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

LOL, J. It was a unique day. But it felt good to be so productive. It's been a while.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Enjoy your sister and her family, Michelle. You've been steadily working for the last few months. I think you deserve a few days' rest. ;)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Fabulous, Lexi!! That's so cool that you applied it to your classroom! Be sure to update me on how they're all doing.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

LOL, Alice. You always make me feel better about my neuroses. ;)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Yup, Karin. Gotta love football season. Sept games are my fav - perfect weather, excitement in the air. So much fun. We had a blast last night.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com