Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Monday, July 16, 2007 :~:

Home Again, Home Again

I'm back from Nationals. I had a blast, and now I'm recovering.

Since I blogged about my Top 10 Conference Moments at Romance Worth Killing For today, I thought I'd do the top 10 things I learned at conference here. So without further adieu...

Top 10 Things I Learned at Nationals

10. If you wear a red dress with white polka dots, your roommates will offer to buy you ears and call you Minnie Mouse. (Nice, huh?)

9. It rains in Texas. A lot. Who knew?

8. Agents who tell you they want to hear elevator pitches really don't want to hear elevator pitches. (And some of them are just down right strange.)

7. I can embarrass myself in any situation.

6. Thanks to a writer friend who shall remain nameless, I now know what a swinger's club is really like. (You know who you are. wink, wink)

5. Writers get really psyched up over the awards ceremony. Even writers who aren't up for any awards. Go figure.

4. The best way to get a bed to yourself when you're sharing a room is to be sick.

3. I talk in my sleep. And I say very strange things.

2. My kids can live without me. My hubby and my mother, however, are a complete different story.

And the number one thing I learned at Nationals...

1. No matter how much your roomies tell you they love you, they will not treat you like the princess you really are. Now, I must ask, what's up with that????

I'd love to hear the top ten things you learned at conference. Or if you didn't go, what you did for fun while I was gone.

Labels:

14Comments:

Blogger Karmela said...

I only have Top Three:

1. When you're stalking an author who's giving away the Hot New ARC at this year's conference, it's good to know her agent so you are guaranteed to received said ARC.

2. When you're stalking an editor who you've submitted to and are eagerly awaiting the decision of said editor, it's good to have your agent jump into the very moment when you finally get up the nerve to introduce yourself to said editor.

3. It's better to take it easy on the workshops so as not to cause your brain to explode.

Great to meet you, girlfriend! Til San Fran!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

I learned that if you laugh until you cry in a dessert line, the person behind you will surmise (out loud) that you're drunk. I also learned that people wear a lot of black at the GM/RITA ceremony and reception--including me. Next year I'll wear another color. Lastly, I learned I know a lot of fabulous women. :)

4:36 PM  
Blogger LaDonna said...

Hey, Eli I wanted to meet you! Edie and I searched for you after the awards. And Edie, you are so funny. No lie, that dessert line still makes me laugh out loud.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Edie, I learned the same thing about the dress colors and started thinking of a color to buy for San Francisco.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Sounds like you all had an awesome time! I can't wait till San Fran! I've started saving for next year!

9:50 AM  
Blogger MJFredrick said...

I learned the same thing about the black....

My chaptermates love me no matter what....

I can spend more money at the bar than on food....

I can feel bad for others not winning and not myself...

I can feel ecstatic over a friend winning....

There aren't many places to eat in Dallas....

I should learn to form my own opinions about people and not judge them from what other people say.

Great topic! Oh, and this summer is unusual for rain in TX!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Karm, love the editor stalking thing. I saw that on your blog. Your FA must has ESP or something. ;)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Edie, I got a few odd looks at the dessert reception as well. And I was in black too, though I LOVED my dress and didn't specifically go looking for black. It was just the dress that called to me. Next year I want color.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

LaDonna, so bummed we didn't meet up!! The place was just crazy after the dessert reception, wasn't it?

7:53 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Lexi, I just loved Trish Milburn's orange dress. She sat in front of me, and I couldn't stop looking at it. Such a great color. ;)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Paty, you have to go next year. It was a blast! ;)

7:54 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Mary, ditto on the not many places to eat in Dallas. I hope next year's hotel is more centrally located.

I actually lived in Texas years ago. I remember it being dry and brown and hot. So when we flew in and the place was lush and green (and wet), I was really surprised. ;)

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elisabeth, I am so sorry we didn't meet up. Edie met you a couple of times, and I just couldn't believe that for some reason I was never around when that happened, LOL. Well, there's always another National . . .

3:45 AM  
Blogger TJ Brown said...

Glad you had fun:) Are you going to Emerald City?
Teri

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com