Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Monday, July 30, 2007 :~:

Back From Vacation & New Office Space

Hey y'all!

That's my new southern-ness shining through. :) I'm afraid I'm not very good at it though. Y'all just doesn't come natural for us Pacific Northwesterners, and I'll never be able to say it with the gusto my cousin's hubby from Atlanta can say it. Though I do see the catchability and ease of the phrase and may try to incorporate it now and then, just for fun. So consider yourselves warned. ;)

I know I disappeared after Nationals without a word. Big apologies. Life was hectic after coming home from Dallas, and then we turned around just a couple of days later and took the kids on a family vacation to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina to visit with the extended family. What a great vacation! We soaked up the sun, played in the sand and generally just had hang time. The Gremlins loved being able to dive into a warm ocean (here on the OR coast we wear sweatshirts in July!) and spent hours and hours on the sand and in the surf. I took tons of pictures, but all of them are of my kids, and since I don't post pics of my kids online, you'll just have to take my word on the fact the place was gorgeous!

We got home late Friday, and I've been trying to get life back to order around here this past weekend. And tonight DH assembled my new desk. I finally have my own writing space! No more sitting at the table or parking it on the couch (though I'm sure I'll still park it on the couch now and then to write as that's comfy for me....but shhhh...don't tell him that).

So just for fun I thought I'd share the before and after pics with you. When we remodeled our house, we moved the table closer to the kitchen. My "office space" is technically the old dining room, which we've been using as a play room (RE: toy storage space they never use). But now, it's my office. It's not enclosed, the kids can come and go, but actually, for me, since I'm a SAHM, that works well. I can keep an ear out for them, and since I'm close to the kitchen I can wrangle any little hands that think playing in the cupboards is acceptable entertainment. So here's the before pic:


General messiness. Blah.

And here's the new office space:

Clean, simple and not nearly as cluttered. We'll see how long the "clean" desk lasts. LOL. I still need to get a comfy chair, but I can't wait to sit and write. I was going to turn the desk around and face inward (you know, that whole feng shui thing about never having your back to a doorway and all), but I love the view out my window into the park behind our house.

So catch me up on what you've been up to lately. And tell me, where do you do all your writing? If you have your own office, do you actually write there? Or do you find other places to write?

Glad to be back, and I can't wait to dive back into my book!

Labels: ,

8Comments:

Blogger Karen Duvall said...

Welcome back, Eli! 8^) Love your new work space. So neat and tidy. I won't even talk about mine. It's a whole room and very jumbled, but of course my design work takes place there as well as my writing, so I'll cut myself a tiny bit of slack.

Sounds like the vacay was great. Myrtle Beach, wow. How fun. But we're glad to have you back. 8^)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Karmela said...

Welcome home, dahling! I had wondered where you'd disappeared to after Nationals. Send me an email if you want me to read anything you wrote, okay?

7:15 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Thanks, Karen. I'm loving it too. Although since my "office space" used to be the dining room, I have to duck my head to avoid the chandelier anytime I go to my desk. That's the other thing we still need to move. LOL.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Thanks, Karm. I feel like I've been going through withdrawls. I didn't take my computer to Myrtle Beach, so no internet access, and I've spent the last day or two just catching up with everyone's happenings.

It's good to be back though. And I'll try to send you something soon. While I didn't write on vaca, I had some great ideas to beef up the conflict in the wip. I'm going to rework the first few chapters and may send you something when I'm done. ;) And if you have something ready, send it on my way. My CPs are being rather quiet right now, so I have lots of time to read (and I need something good to read anyway!)

8:38 AM  
Blogger chanceofbooks said...

Love the new office space! IKEA has really cute office chairs that would complement the decor/public nature of the space well. I do have an office, but I'm not sure how productive I am here :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Love the office space! It looks so relaxing. And so does the pic. Myrtle Beach? Oh, it sounds wonderful. Glad you had a good time.

I'm hard at work ironing out all the rough spots in my internal conflicts...uh, no, my characters' internal conflicts. I'm having LOADS of fun though!

As for the writing, I start writing a new manuscript everywhere and anywhere-I use a pen/pencil & paper. Once I've gotten a significant amount written, I shift to the computer and then write there until revisions. During revisions I switch back and forth between the couch with the hard copy of a chapter at a time and the computer.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Ps- I've decided as a non-southerner I have no right to try to pull off "Hey y'all." I'd advise against you trying it as well! RESIST!

5:40 PM  
Blogger MJFredrick said...

Pretty! I love that desk!

I write at the desk in the living room. I can't stand being away from everyone else.

Earlier in the summer, I would write in my Adirondack chair in the back yard, but now the mosquitoes could carry me away!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com