Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Friday, May 18, 2007 :~:

A Few Of My (new) Favorite Things

This is totally off the writing topic, but I thought I'd share a few of my new favorite things.

1. My Computer. Okay, not new, but I'm thrilled to have it back. For some reason I couldn't ever download the new version of windows before, and when it went in for service, they put the new version on. Very cool. Now, if my files get decoded, I'll be thrilled. Cross your fingers.

2. Victoria's Secret Bare Bronze . Moisturizer with a hint of self tanner. Ever since I had a melanoma, I can't really spend a lot of time in the sun. But my pukey-white Irish skin misses that golden summer glow. This is the first self tanner I've found that not only looks natural, it also smells good, too. Definitely worth the money.

3. Acne Free Skin Care System. I've used ProActiv for years but recently ran out. I decided not to order it again because I was stockpiling the toner and you can only buy it in a 3 part system. It's also expensive and I hate paying for shipping every month. While at Costco though, I came across the Acne Free system which is comparable to ProActiv. The plus is you get twice as much for half the cost and it actually works BETTER. After only a week of using it, my skin looks incredible. If you use ProActiv, consider switching.

4. Sheer Cover Makeup. Also something you have to order, but they send you a three month supply so you're only paying shipping once ever three months. This makeup is great. Goes on light and smooth, covers everything and looks completely natural. You hardly know you're wearing it. A friend of mine shells out big bucks for Bare Essentials. This stuff is cheaper and works better.

5. Land O'Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream. I can only find this at Walmart, but it's worth the trip across town. Mmm.. tastes great and is perfect on a cup of hot coffee. Also satisfies the sugar cravings so I don't eat a pound of chocolate chip cookie dough.

6. Hollywood Fashion Tape. My dear friend and Nationals roommate, Alice, gave me a handful of these little white sticky tabs last year in Atlanta when we were getting dressed one morning. These things are AWESOME and I now use them all the time. Got a gap in the front of your blouse? You just stick one of these puppies between the buttons, stick the other side of your shirt to it and it holds it closed all day long. Also works if you have a dress or blouse that keeps dropping down to reveal a little too much cleavage. Just stick the tab on the outside of your bra, press your blouse to it and voila. Instant magic.

Okay, your turn. What are some of your new or not-so-new favorite things? Can be writing related or non-writing related.

Labels:

10Comments:

Blogger TJ Brown said...

I need to get my daughter that make up. She is pale as pale can be and we have yet to find makeup that covers, but won't look weird on her. Thanks for the tip!
teri

8:41 AM  
Blogger LaDonna said...

Eli, I love this list! And, it'd be great if you did it say, every three-four months. lol. First off, I use the Oil of Olay lotion with a hint of self-tanning...yours sounds better. I also buy ProActiv...the cheaper stuff sounds better. I was going to order the Bare Essentials, my daughter uses it, but again, cheaper can be better. And I must get that whipping cream! So, your list was a huge help my way.

Thanks for sharing!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Wow, Eli you could start your own column!

Hmm.. I can't think of anything that is my favorite that come close to yours. I am curious about the bronzing lotion. Everything I try turns me orange! Even the new ones that are supposed to turn you gradually- I turn orange gradually! I end up giving them to my daughter, who doesn't turn orange.

Oh, my one favorite thing is the DOLLAR store! I can put together an interesting goodie bag for the online contests I have when I'm chatting up my books with online reader groups.

Thanks!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Daaahhling, I looovvvee your list...

Can't wait to try the Victoria's Secret Bare Bronze. I really like bronzing lotions but, UGH! Can you say smells bad! I can't take the stench so I don't use them anymore. I'll definitely give this stuff a try!

Also, the Hollywood Fashion Tape sounds like a dream come true! I always have that stupid gap right there where you'd think designers would put a different button pattern. Duh! If it always gaps there, there must be a flaw in the design. Hello! LOL

I personally love and can't live without Breathe Right nasal strips. I buy them two packages at a time at Costco, they're clear and they work perfectly to help me actually be able to breathe at night now.

Another thing I really love is the invention of the book thong. These puppies are so much better than a book mark and prettier too. I made myself one out of the cutest beads and this cool stretchy plastic stuff to string the beads on. I'm real technical as you can tell. LOL

Burts Bees peppermint lip balm is a staple in my purse as well as Bath & Body Works lotion.

I have a million more, but it'd get boring telling you about my pillow and my blankie, etc...

You had such a helpful list! Can't wait to try these new products for myself! Thanks for sharing.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Teri, sheer cover's the best makeup I've ever used. I hate to spend a lot of money on makeup, but this is worth it.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

LOL, Ladonna. Glad I could help. :)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

I love the Dollar store, Paty. And I got such a kick out of hearing Elizabeth Boyle talk about shopping at Goodwill the other night at our meeting. ;)

My mom was just telling me about another bronzing lotion someone at her work was raving about. I'll have to check that one out as well.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Piper, I love Bath & Body works lotion. My fav is night-blooming jasmine. I absolutely love it.

The Hollywood Fashion Tape is AWESOME. You must get some. Alice told me to be sure to remove the sticky tab before laundering my blouse because it'll gunk up your clothes, but I've forgotten several times and it just peels right off.

And oh yeah, I love book thongs too! Great invention.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Elisa said...

Awesome list. I'm going to have to try Sheer Cover. I use Bare Essentials now (though I don't order it anymore--I buy it at Sephora). I love the coverage, but I find it makes my face look a little shiny if I use more than just the smallest amount.

The Acne Free stuff sounds awesome, too. My oldest is starting to have a terrible problem with acne and I was thinking of getting him Proactiv, but I think I'll try the Acne Free instead. I've been using Clinique myself, but I find the toner for oily skin is too harsh.

I love C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Shine. Another thing I love right now is Starbucks black iced tea. They just opened up a Starbucks with a drive through right across the street from my bank, and I'm finding it to be a very dangerous thing. LOL

Also, method cleaning products. My middle son is very sensitive to chemicals and scents, and the method stuff is nontoxic and a lot healthier for him.

11:19 AM  
Blogger MJFredrick said...

I love the Oil of Olay body wash with ribbons. I love Bath and Body Works clean linen hand soap. I love Loreal nail polish - it really holds up!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com