Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 :~:

Picture Hell

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate having my picture taken? If not, let me say it clearly:

I hate having my picture taken!

I have to have this Golden Heart picture turned in to the RWA office by Monday. Needless to say, it's been a major headache. (I know, poor me. But really, this is tough.) First of all, between my DH's work schedule, baseball practices and life in general, finding time to get my picture taken either professionally or by the DH has been a nightmare. Add to that the fact my hormones chose this week to wig out on my face and the fact I had to wait to get an appt to get my hair done, oh and that I've been watching my nephew which means an added kid around the house - and you can see my frustration. Not fun.

So today, since DH was working from home and the weather was cooperating, I had the hubby snap some photos of me while the kids were napping. Let me just say...DH has no photographic skills whatsoever. He's a great guy, but the camera is not his friend (or mine when it's in his hands). We went outside. He took a bunch of photos in the park behind our house. All turned out like crap. I decided to change my clothes because maybe it was the shirt and not his skills. No go. The next set was equally (if not more) awful. Seriously. Heinous pictures of me. Must be that whole blinded-by-love thing because in every photo I have a stupid look on my face. Definitely not GH photo-material.

So, in a moment of despair, when I sent the DH back to his office and said "yeah, whatever, I'll make due," I handed the camera to my four year old and said, "Here. Snap some photos of mommy." And guess what? Turns out HE has photographic skills!!! (Unlike his dad).

So, without further ado....here's the photo (taken by my four-year-old) that I'm planning to send in for the GH:




What do you think? Joan's going to photoshop it up for me and make me look pretty. I'm hoping she can take about ten years and ten pounds off. Wishful thinking? Probably. ;)

Labels:

17Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

I like it!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Thanks girls! :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Lisa Pulliam said...

Yay! I'm so glad you chose that one. It looks natural, and how you look whenever I see you. Great choice! Can't wait to see it on the big screen, baby!

9:57 AM  
Blogger chanceofbooks said...

I love that one and I'd love to see you replace your blogger avatar with that one too--it's professional and classy, but also relaxed and it shows your adorable features in a really nice lighting. Joan's not going to need to do much, if anything to it. Check out Genene's post on picture anexeity--apparently it's in the water.

I think your four year old has a promising career. I may borrow him for snaps :) :)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Nice photo! You have a photographer in the making!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Eli,

This photo looks wonderful! Your kiddo did good! Geez, I have nothing to whine about when it comes to photos. I forgot that the GH photos are 20 feet tall on the big screen. You'll be beautiful as always!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Alice Sharpe said...

Well, it's lovely, as every picture of you is. Ahem, it'snot the one I chose.

Whatever...

Alice

8:50 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

ROFL, Alice. FWIW, the other one was just slightly out of focus - probably no one but me would notice. And if it makes you feel better, DH was indecisive. He said he liked the other one, but that my hair was better in this one. Though he did say I have the whole "priest" look going on with this one - white/black...whatever.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly have a talented 4yo. Great photo, Elisabeth.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, nice pic dude. Now you know what gremlin #2 needs for his birthday. A camera of his own of course. :)

Your picture is really cute and it doesn't look like it needs any photoshop work at all. And Lisa's right, it looks like you.

I hope you win the Golden Heart!!!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jill James said...

Elizabeth, good luck on the GH. Love the picture, the little one is very talented.

Good luck on Karin's contest as well, I'm amanda over there.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Joan Swan said...

Hey, missy -

Put up a side-by-side pic of the one I touched up!! And I'm with Alice, I think I like the other pose better.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Joan Swan said...

Oh, no-no-no...this is the pose I like better. DUH. **L on the forehead** But put the other one up.

9:29 PM  
Blogger LaDonna said...

Too funny, Eli! My daughter is a photographer, and my two grandkiddies love to snap pics too. I know exactly where I'm going when the time comes. LOL.

The photo is great btw!!!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

This picture is great, Eli! I thought you were going to say you finally gave up and went to a professional for your photo. Who would have guessed that a 4 yo could do such a great job! He's got a great career ahead of him!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Eli, you look gorgeous! A great smile. Your son is good!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Lexi said...

Okay, clearly you have to free up some time to blog. I want to hear about your GH process (among other regular topics). Where are you????

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com