Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Saturday, March 31, 2007 :~:

Inspired

I spent Friday night setting up my new ipod. New ipod you ask? Oh yes. New because I was uber-smart and dumped mine in the washing machine after I got home from the club the other day, unbeknownst to me. Of course, I killed it by doing so and needed a new one. So I got the new one, sat down to upload my music and looked at the list I have on itunes. And I was suddenly thirteen again, sitting in the front seat of my dad's car, rolling my eyes at the twangy country music pumping out of the speakers.

Me: "This music bites. Can I change the channel?"
Him, laughing: "No. One day you'll enjoy country music."
Me, frowning as I look out the window: "Don't bet on it, old man."

Guess what I have on itunes? Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride and Tim McGraw.

All great artists, but man, what a wake up call. I am, after all, a child of the 80's. Where are my roots? So I went in search of my music. Guns n Roses, AC DC, Def Leppard. Afterwards, with several new songs downloaded and the ipod blaring in my ears, I felt better. And then I realized what I'd just done.

Can you say, avoidance behavior?

Oh yeah, that's me lately. Anything and everything to avoid the wip.

Lisa blogged about meeting deadlines the other day, and I have to say, her post has re-inspired me. Though I'm not usually a "plotter", I sat down today and looked at my manuscript. I want to get this puppy finished. It's all in my head, but in my head is not finished. The key is getting it down onto the page. And that takes discipline. I tend to write in fits and starts - like one week I'll write twenty pages a day and then I can't bleed out a word for two weeks straight (as evidenced by the past two weeks). I'm tired of writing this way.

So, I sat down and looked at my schedule for the next month. We're leaving on vacation on April 29th. If I push myself in the same way I'm pushing myself to work out to get in shape for said vacation, I can have a finished manuscript by April 27th, leaving me a day to spare. Think I can do it? I hope so. People like Jen and Karmela and Lisa are inspiring me, so I'm going to go for it.

What's on the ipod right now? Guns n Roses, Sweet Child O'Mine
What's on the computer right now? Vanished. Ten pages down today, baby, and pounding out more as we speak.

How's your wip coming?

Labels:

11Comments:

Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Eli, I'm at the beginning of my book, and they're always slow. I got the "tone" I needed last week, so I'm hoping I'll start writing more pages this week. By next week, I want to be writing 10 pages a weekday.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Elisa said...

Good luck with the wip, Eli. :)

On my ipod right now--it's a mix. Metallica, Fall Out Boy, Augustana, Usher, My Chemical Romance, and Dusty Springfield. My oldest is now a big fan of Def Leppard and AC DC, so I tend to borrow songs for my playlist after he's bought them.

This past week as been a really big writing week for me. I've made so much progress. I hope the motivation continues through the next couple of weeks.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Edie, I'm at that point where the excitement of the setup has passed and I'm knee-deep in the plot. It's my "man, this idea sucks" stage, which means I just need to push through until I love it again.

Actually...that's my plan. 10 pgs a day to get me to that finished mark soon. :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Ooh. Metallica! That's who I forgot! (Sucks to get old and lose the memory.) Isn't it interesting, Elisa, how all those old bands are "cool" with the kids now?

12:56 PM  
Blogger TJ Brown said...

My dh and I fell in love to Sweet Child of Mine:)

Good taste in music.
Teri

4:58 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Aw, Teri. That's "sweet". :)

7:47 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

IPOD?? What's and IPOD? Just kidding, but I don't own one and think it's a waste of time to download stuff you can buy on a cd or listen to on the radio for free. Am I showing my age or what???

Anyway, I'm on chapter 5 of the WIP and hope to be to chapter 10 by the end of the week. Goals are good and I'm glad you are working through your down times and working steady. You will have to learn that once you get published, so now is a great time to start since that isn't very far away!

7:51 AM  
Blogger April said...

LOL! I've had that same realization several times. But I still keep my 80's close to my heart too!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Joan Swan said...

Ooooo, a new ipod. I want a new ipod -- mine is the old one that holds only 250 songs. The new ones (bottom of the line) hold twice that many. My evil plan is to pass mine down to my dd2 on her birthday (a week before mine) then buy myself a new one on my bday.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

J - I actually just have the shuffle. They only hold about 250 songs, but I love it because it's TINY (like 1" by 3/4") and I can clip it right to my shirt when I'm running.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa Pulliam said...

I'm so glad you saw the light and found the good stuff like Def Leppard and AC/DC :) Don't get me wrong, I've got some country on my Ipod too, but way more rock. Good girl :P

Well I'm glad my post helped someone other than me! :) All of your comments have been so helpful, like always! Great plan about April 27th by the way. Hmmm...is someone becoming a plotter AND a numbers person??? Heheheh. I'm laughing evilly right now. Very evil laugh.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com