Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 :~:

I'm In Love

Completely, over the moon in love.

With a coffee house.

My DH has been out of town, and we've been house-bound because of the snow. As you can imagine, I've been going stir crazy locked in the house with my three Gremlins. So when my brother showed up today, out of the blue, and offered to watch my kids so I could escape for a few hours, there was no way I was saying no.

I took the laptop and went in search of someplace quiet to work. Starbucks was too busy (and I knew I'd run into too many friends there). The newly refurbished coffee house just down the block from Starbucks closed too early. Desperate for the quiet, I went off in search of someplace else, and, to my surprise, I found the most amazing little coffee house tucked away in the most unlikely place. This cafe is adorable - quiet, cozy, trendy and chic, sorta like Central Perk on Friends. They serve coffee in those great big mugs, and they have sugar free mochas! (beat that, Starbucks!). I sat in this big, plush purple chair right next to the fireplace and typed my little heart out. Wrote a whole chapter in two hours. I was completely inspired. No one asked me to make them a snack. No one tugged on my pants or whined in my ear. The coffee lady even left me alone to work! It was heaven. It also didn't hurt that there was no internet access so there was no temptation to log on to the web and waste time.

This is going to be my new favorite hangout. I can't wait to go back.

Where's your favorite place to escape and write (or read)?

Labels:

6Comments:

Blogger chanceofbooks said...

Hey! Email me where this place is! I love Blue Pepper downtown. I also write well in unexpected rooms of the house, on planes/trains, and hotel rooms :)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Alyssa Goodnight said...

No way my brother would ever volunteer to take my boys...lucky you!
That place sounds great! A perfect little escape.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Typing a chapter in two hours? I'm jealous.

The place sounds lovely. I have my office upstairs and no little ones to bother me, unless you count my cat. She jumps up on my lap and expects a full body massage, usually at the most inconvenient times.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a room that is just bookshelves full of books and one comfy chair. I close that door and can really work there, unless someone pounds on the door demanding I make them a snack (:)) or let them swim, or to tell me someone hit someone else. Sigh.

1:07 AM  
Blogger TJ Brown said...

Oh sounds so nice!I could use that about now.
Teri

7:53 AM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Sounds like a wonderful place! What a nice brother! I'm glad you got a chance to write.

I just sit here in my loft and write. The only interruption is my lap dog wanting in and out. I did turn my desk so I look out at the mountains now. I love It! And have become more productive since I don't hit my head on the darn slanted roof any more! LOL

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com