Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Friday, December 15, 2006 :~:

Counting My Blessings

Those who know me well know I've been a stress case lately because of writing stuff. Sometimes it seems there's so much negative in this business to focus on, it can be all-consuming. I know I've had it on my mind a lot lately, letting it overshadow some of the good in my life. This morning I have a different perspective.

Those of you not living in the Pacific Northwest missed the mother of all wind-storms last night. Hurricane force winds in certain places. We have a large stand of old Douglas fir in the park behind our house. I admit to being a little scared they would fall - that's how strong the wind was - but our house is far enough away that if one had, we would have been okay (barely). That didn't comfort my kids much though. We lost power around 4pm yesterday and just got it back a few minutes ago. My house was on the edge of the outage, so our street was out, but the school behind us and the houses across the park at the back of our property never lost power. It was a long night for us last night - windy, howling, rain falling sideways in sheets, a bit eerie with the storm and candles burning everywhere. Not to mention the "no power" thing wigged my Gremlins out more than I can say. Anyway, this morning when the storm was over, I went to the club to work out (yeah, just down the road they had power) and drove home a different route. And only about three blocks from me a tall Douglas Fir in another nearby park did fall, right in the middle of a house. Cut the two-story home in two.

So this morning, the stress and anxiety over the writing stuff seems fairly minor in comparison to what others are going through today. I haven't heard yet if there were people in the house when this happened, but I hope not. Count your blessing that your family is safe today. I know I will.

6Comments:

Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Eli, you are blessed. Thank God you and your family are okay.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, that was a doozy. We lost power twice and then got it back about 10:30 this morning. We are right next to a greenspace and I was a bit worried myself. Especially since it regularly floods and did yesterday. I thought for sure the trees were going to topple right over. Glad you are all okay.
Teri

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how nature has a way of putting our problems into perspective and helping us see what's important. I'm so glad you and your family are okay, Elisabeth.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa Pulliam said...

That was a scary couple of days...I hope that family is ok. Have you heard anything on them yet?

8:59 AM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Life is made to live and not fret over. I'm glad you and your family are safe and hope everyone I know on your side of the mountains fair well.

I think you'll find with this new attitude your writing will flow easier as well!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Lisa, yeah, I heard through the neighborhood grapevine that no one was hurt. The family had just finished a $60K remodel on the house though. So glad everyone was okay.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com