Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Friday, November 03, 2006 :~:

NaNo What?

So NaNoWriMo started yesterday. Wait, no. That's not right. It started on Wednesday. See how out of it I am? A very evil girl who shall remain nameless conned me into doing it with her this year. I've never done NaNo before. I didn't want to, but she kept pushing. So I said yes (I succumb easily to peer pressure). I figured it might be a good way to kickstart my butt into getting a good chunk of the WIP finished. Of course, that was when I was sure I'd have these proposals finished by 11/1/06.

How many pages have I written in the wip since NaNo started on Wednesday??? Zero.

How many do I need to write per day to make the 50K word goal by the end of the month? Seven (roughly 1667 words).

How many pages am I now behind? Twenty one as of today.

Argghhhh...

Yes, yes, I know. It's not a big deal. But I'm a competitive person. I'm not checking the NaNo site and I'm not competing with anyone but myself, so it's not a biggie. But that competitive person inside me wants to get cracking.

What's holding me up? You guessed it. The Suckopses I blogged about last week. Yesterday I managed to write the first one - kicked out 13 pgs, so I guess that counts for something. It's not like I'm not writing. But writing a synopsis is draining. I need to edit this one then get started on the second one. THEN maybe I can think about moving forward on the wip.

I don't think I'm going to make the NaNo goal. However, I won't say NEVER because I tend to work really good under pressure. I could totally see myself floating for the first two weeks then writing 15-20 pgs a day the last two just to catch up. I've always been a procrastinator. I'm hoping my "works well under pressure" gene will be an asset once I'm finally writing on deadline.

So a big shout out to all of you doing NaNo...how's your progress? Are you where you want to be or are you already behind like me? ;)

If you're not doing NaNo...I'd love to simply hear what your daily writing goals are.

13Comments:

Blogger Lexi said...

Don't beat yourself up about it. Do the best you can, but get your butt in gear, woman!

I'm not doing NaNo. My goal is to finish my 5th (6th, 7th???) draft of my contemporary by the end of next weekend so that I can send it out to my CP so she has a chance to look it over before the GH deadline.

Good luck with NaNo to Elisabeth and anyone else who participates! I'll be rooting for you.

2:43 PM  
Blogger chanceofbooks said...

I beat myself up pretty good about not starting NaNo on the 1st. BUT--I know that I'm doing the right thing focusing on editing and I found another big contest to enter to back that up. I set new goals for myself instead. I'm hoping to have much of this editing done by the retreat so that I can focus on my new WIP THEN. I need to truly "finish" this one first--at least move it from rough to a strong 2nd draft. I finished my article so that's done. Right now I'm using contest deadlines to motivate me to keep going. In terms of daily goals, I'm a word count junkie. When actively drafting, 2,000 words is decent goal for myself if I don't have other obligations that day. Editing just takes as long as it take. Simply sitting down and opening the damn file is my number one goal each day. If I can make it past that hurdle, I know I will get SOMETHING done. And something, as I keep telling myself is more than nothing.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa Pulliam said...

Your synopsis counts toward your word goals. That's writing and it's toward your book - so count it. And you'll make up for any lost time at the beach retreat.

Evil girl...brat ;-) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

4:56 PM  
Blogger RK Sterling said...

First time NaNoer here, and a little over a thousand words behind since I was over count on Wednesday, but missed yesterday completely. I'm already starting to hate it - it feels like too much work, and is sucking some of the joy out of the writing by constantly worrying about word count. Yet, I still feel compelled to finish, and will be mad at myself if I don't. I hope to get in some serious writing time this weekend - we'll see. Good luck!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Faith Bicknell said...

UGH! I hate writing a synopses! Those things will drive a person insane!

5:38 AM  
Blogger MJFredrick said...

I'm where I want to be, but it's only day 4. You can catch up!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Great goal, Christine. I hope you get your drafts done and ms out to your cps. :)

Wavy, I think you're on the right track. I wouldn't be able to focus on a new wip if I had major editing I needed to do in a previous ms. I'm a start-to-finish writer. I like to get it written, polished and out the door before I dive into the next. I know a lot of people say to set it aside for a few months, but I've never been able to do that. Knowing I have something I need to fix just gnaws at me until I fix it.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Cool, Lisa. Because I've been synopsis-writing my fingers off. ;)
And yes, I plan to get lots done at the beach. :)

Good luck, Kate! I'm a NaNo Virgin too. Misery loves company, you know. ;)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Mary, way to go! I'm in awe. Keep up the good work.

Faith - LOL. I hate them too. Why can't editors just realize I know what the heck I'm doing?

1:56 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

No NaNo for me. I don't need competition to keep my fingers to the keyboard.

I'm rereading the first book in my triology so I can hop into the second one and be full speed in it at the retreat.

I've also been doing lots of editing for WRP. I'm too busy to be competitive!

May the words be with all those who are NaNoing!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

There was actually half a page story in our local paper about NaNo! I couldn't believe it! And I couldn't get my name in there for a book signing! Sheesh!

2:27 PM  
Blogger TJ Brown said...

I did Nano once a few years ago. There is an odd crazed energy about it that was addictive. But I haven't done it again. Not sure if I ever will, though I am always tempted.
Teri

6:54 AM  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

No NaNo here, either. I'm doing revisions. My goal is to finish the first half this week and the second half next week.

You can catch up, Eli. Go Go Go!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com