Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 :~:

Picture Me As . . .

My agent asked for a photo of me to add to my bio when she starts pitching my book at the end of the month. One would think that's not something to stress over. One obviously doesn't know me.

The last day or so I've been looking for an already-taken, updated photo of moi. And you know what I found? There aren't any. Not any good ones, at least. I'm the photographer in the house. If I'm in a photo, it's usually me with one of the Gremlins, and it's usually taken by one of the Gremlins. Which means it's off-center, or sideways, or mostly white-space with my eyeball in the lower left-hand corner. Not exactly something I can staple to my bio and call good.

So nix the whole updated photo idea. Rewind and find something maybe not-so-up-to-date, but useable. The photos here and on my website are good, but a bit outdated - um, okay, a lot outdated. They were taken about five years ago. In actuality, I look pretty much the same. I've been told I have a youthful face, and I still get carded all the time, so I suppose the pictures still work. And these photos are so dang small, who can tell they're outdated? But they aren't going to do for my bio either because, well, they're five years old.

Fast forward a bit, looking for a picture of me alone, no Gremlins, something between 2002-2006. I should be able to find something, right?

Looking through the pile, there's one of a very pregnant me from about two years ago. (Let's not go there.) One of me in my bikini from our vacation this summer. (Hmm...while it worked for Reese Witherspoon when she wanted to get into Harvard, probably not gonna work for me on a sale. I ain't no Reese.) Keep looking...There's one of me holding a monkey in Mexico. (Monkey + Mexico = contract? Probably not.) And my favorite, taken just this summer in Atlanta before the Rita's - me kicked back, feet on the desk, wine in hand, laughing my head off in the hotel room. Actually, this one fits the requirements: me, alone, up-to-date and not half-bad. Of course, if I were to use it, I'd have to add "lush" to my bio. Probably not a wise choice.

I guess there's no way around having a new photo taken. *cringe* Think a snapshot will work? Or should I go have it taken by someone who knows what they're doing?

Ah, decisions, decisions.

6Comments:

Blogger chanceofbooks said...

There is no subsitute for professional pics. You should be able to get them done for under $100 though, esp. if you limit poses and outfit changes. We got our v. small wedding done through a photographer on Craig's list--advertising for an art student, professional and looking at their sample work can get you a v. good deal. You might also ask your agent for a reccomendation. You are so pretty, it would be a shame not to have a stunning photo of you.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Just do what I did - cropped my head out of a group photo from Nationals last year! LOL works for me, but then I'm not as cute as you so it doesn't matter how flattering it is - because nothing helps! LOL

If you have a good digital camera and a friend with a steady hand, that can work. My daughter does awesome photos (with models) she uses in her Cowpoke Maternity borchure with a digital camera. So don't fork out big money unless you do want the "professional" photo.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

Just do what I did - cropped my head out of a group photo from Nationals last year! LOL works for me, but then I'm not as cute as you so it doesn't matter how flattering it is - because nothing helps! LOL

If you have a good digital camera and a friend with a steady hand, that can work. My daughter does awesome photos (with models) she uses in her Cowpoke Maternity borchure with a digital camera. So don't fork out big money unless you do want the "professional" photo.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

The photo I used for my website only cost $50, and the photograpehr came over to my house too. If money's tight, the one on your site looks great. So what if you're 5 years older? It's the book they're buying, not you.

1:29 PM  
Blogger TJ Brown said...

You are lovely, I think that is why your agent wants a photo of you:) Mine hasn't asked for one of me! LOL!

Go for professional pix all the way.
Teri

5:54 AM  
Blogger Lynne Simpson said...

I agree with Karin -- the picture on your blog looks great! Why not use that one?

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com