Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 :~:

Eight Below

I'm not big on going to the movies. I have little kids, and going out to see a movie is low on my list. On the rare occasion DH and I get to have a "date" I prefer a nice quiet dinner where we can actually have a conversation without being interrupted every two seconds by "MOM! I need you!"

So we're at-home-movie-watchers. And I'm not even that big on movies, period. Usually I'm writing in the evenings - sometimes half listening/paying attention to the movie DH is watching, but for the most part I'm too busy to watch. Yesterday I rented Eight Below for the kids and put it on while I was running around getting things ready for our neighborhood 4th of July BBQ. It looked like a cute movie - and hey, Paul Walker's in it (droooool), so I figured I might like it.

Boy, was I was right! :)

This is the first movie in a long time I've actually sat down and watched. Not only sat down, I had to have it paused when I got up to run to the kitchen to keep the food from burning, and I was ready to skip the BBQ to watch the end of the movie. The dogs are amazing. The story was captivating, and Paul Walker was as adorable as ever. My daughter cried buckets when one of the dog's died. I jumped clean off the couch when a leopard seal roared out of a dead killer whale, and we all cheered at the end when Paul found his dogs again.

In an era where shoot-em-up movies, car chases and special effects get all the credit, it was nice to watch a simple story and feel a connection to the characters. Definitely a movie worth watching if you haven't seen it yet.

3Comments:

Blogger MJFredrick said...

I jumped when that seal came out, too! LOVED the dogs! LOVED them!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

You're the second person I know who's had the same reaction to this movie. Guess I'm going to have to rent it.

Thanks for the tip!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Karmela said...

I'm going to see this now. After "In the Deep" also with Paul Walker. Was that the one with Jessica Alba too?

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com