Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 :~:

Too Tired To Function

I'm tired.

Maybe it's because I went to the gym and pushed myself on the weights. Maybe it's because I stayed up too late last night working out plot ideas for the WIP. Maybe it's because DH is out of town, hence I'm "on" 24/7. Maybe it's because Gremlin #2 was up crying several times last night. For whatever reason, I'm tired today and I have a bunch of stuff to do (which is why I'm blogging and avoiding it all).

So this is me. Standing in the kitchen, making lunch for Gremlin #2. And I need coffee. It's only 12:35 and I need coffee to keep me going (hush, Piper). So I pop a cup in the microwave and as I'm waiting for it to heat, start thinking about MMB. Yes, the one I've already finished. You see, I spent a good chunk of time printing queries and a couple requested partials last night, making labels, getting things ready to be sent out the door. And something's been bothering me. One of the contest entries I got back said the first two chapters were both really good, but so dramatically different it threw the judge off. Now, this was her personal opinion, and the only person who's read it who's said anything like that, but it made me stop and think. The first two chapters ARE dramatically different. It's got an Indiana Jones-ish quality to the first chapter, but I've never considered the hook at the end of the first chapter to be super super strong. Good, but not uber-strong, you know?

So I'm standing there in the kitchen thinking about chapter one as I'm making macaroni and cheese for Gremlin #2, and it hits me. BAM! A simple solution. One paragraph at the end of chapter one that ties the two chapters together. Easy. Why didn't I think of it before? Of course, now I have query-remorse, worrying that those agents who already have it will think the first two chapters are too different. Stupid, I know, but if I don't have something to worry about, I'm just not me. In this day and age where you only have a few pages to hook an agent's attention, something as silly as one missing paragraph can make all the difference

The microwave beeps, and all this is running through my mind as I pull my mug out. I'm thinking about sitting in the office making a couple minor changes, reprinting the last page of the chapter, tearing open the envelopes I got all ready to go last night, knowing I need to print more labels. And then I look down and realize I have just added 1/2 stick of butter to my coffee because I'm too tired and too distracted to stay focused on any one thing for any length of time.

*sigh*

It's now 12:57.

And I'm tired. And I have a butt-load of stuff to do.

2Comments:

Blogger Paty Jager said...

Stop obsessing! You're going to give yourself an ulcer!

Add the paragraph and send it to the next batch you have on a list. But my feelings are if one person out of how many? caught it - If an agent likes what she sees, she may say something and you can say, "yeah, I added a paragraph that ties them together. Would you like to see it?"

Now, go get some sleep!

7:30 PM  
Blogger TJ Brown said...

Um Butter?

I hear you on the tired. I am just flipping tired all the time. hey, you goign to Emerald City?
Teri

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com