Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Monday, April 03, 2006 :~:

Ramble Ramble

So Thursday after I blogged, gremlin #1 had a friend over to play. I was downstairs straightening up from gremlin #3 (also known as the little tornado) and glanced up the stairs and saw both girls were sitting on the bathroom counter. Actually, my daughter was sitting on the counter, the neighbor girl was standing on the counter behind her doing her hair. Ahem. Not good. I calmly tell them to get down, that we don't get up on the counters for hair or anything else. I turn my back to chase the little tornado and not even thirty seconds later hear a loud thud followed by a huge scream.

I leave the little tornado screaming (because I closed the kitchen drawer he was destroying) and dart up the stairs. The neighbor girl has the biggest eyes I've ever seen, and my daughter is lying on the floor screaming bloody murder.

(If you've never heard a bloody murder scream delivered by a 7-yr old girl, let me tell you - it's loud.)

I pick her up and take her into my room, lay her on the bed. She continues to shriek this ear-piercing scream that makes my head spin. The neighbor girl runs down the stairs and says, "I gotta go home!" (good thinking). Okay, daughter's not moving, still screaming, I deduce she's really hurt. Call DH who is at Costco picking up our new patio set. Get home now!

In the meantime, it's five o'clock and gremlins #2 and #3 are downstairs wreaking havoc because they're hungry and being ignored. Gremlin #1 is upstairs screaming for her daddy because he's the nice one and I'm the heavy telling her that's what she gets for climbing on the counter.

DH finally gets home and I tell him Gremlin #1 is really hurt and might need to go to the ER. Gremlin #1 is hysterical because she can't move and is worried about how we're going to get her in the car to go to the dr. (Actually, she's more worried if we take her to the hospital they're going to cut her arm off or do surgery - DH had shoulder surgery and has a long scar on his shoulder, so I guess this fear is understandable, but all it did was make me laugh.) DH helps her up. She screams, then sits up and quiets and says in a calm voice, "Oh. Look. I can sit up." DH and I look at each other. Drama Queen. I'm thinking she's been faking the whole time. All the sudden she screams and flops back on the bed. DH helps her up again. She stops screaming. "I think I'm okay." Then out of nowhere she screams and flops back on the bed again.

So I'm thinking, if she's flopping around like that, she's not really hurt. I roll my eyes, leave her to DH because my eardrum is permenantly damaged at this point, and go down to run herd on the other two.

DH comes down a few minutes later and says he's taking her to the ER anyway. I'm thinking, Drama Queen. She's fine. But I don't say anything.

They leave. Call me about two hours later. Snapped her collar bone in two.

Hmmm...so much for my medical expertise.

Now she has a sling. They don't do anything for busted collar bones. Apparantly it will heal on its own without any intervention, although she'll have a big calcification where the bones are overlapping. She's milking it for all its worth. I'm letting her because I feel bad for not thinking she was really hurt.

I guess you could say I get the mother of the year award. Honestly, I don't think I'm a natural-born mother.

On the writing front, J keeps asking me if I've finished the darn WIP yet. *frown* Um, not yet, J. Every time I think I'm close, my climax just gets longer and longer. I'm hoping to get some serious writing done today and tomorrow (famous last words.)

If, that is, the gremlins let me. Pray for no more broken bones.

3Comments:

Blogger Paty Jager said...

Eli, let me tell you a story!

My mother was a nurse. But she didn't think you ran to the doctor for every little ache and pain. One summer ( I think I was about 14) I fell off a horse twice in one day. Mind you, to this day I still am not sure what happened. It was like I blanked out in the same spot in the pasture and "plop" onto the ground I went. Anyway, after two falls my shoulder hurt. My mom looked at it and me and said, "You just sprained it. You'll live." I went around holding my arm against my body because it was the only position it didn't hurt.

When I went in for my college physical, the doctor asked me when I broke my collar bone! Did my mom feel like not only a bad mother, but a bad nurse over that one!

You aren't a medical professional, so, just give her support now, and know your not a bad mom! We all try to make light of a situation to keep the kids and some times ourselves from going into hysterics.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Oh geez, Paty! Okay, not feeling so bad now. LOL

The dr. told DH they'd always be able to tell from exam or x-rays that she broke her collar bone. I guess that's true!

7:50 PM  
Blogger TJ Brown said...

LOL Elizabeth. She had her first kiss a couple of weeks ago and they were just playing and he gave her a hicky on accident. (His parents were in the room next to them and they were in the den watching Troy. I think she swooned over brad;)
Teri

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com