Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Thursday, February 23, 2006 :~:

Loser Central Over Here

I've played about twenty games of spider solitaire this afternoon and finally realized I need to get my butt in gear and get writing.

So...I'm blogging.

Well, it's writing in a form, right? At least, that's what Piper keeps trying to tell me. *sigh* Sorry, Pipes. I ain't buyin't it. This is what we call wasting time and avoiding the WIP. BIG time.

Why am I avoiding the WIP? Not sure. I think the main reason is because I have to write a crime scene, and I hate the thought.

Now, I know what you're thinking. But, Eli, you write RS! How can you hate writing crime scenes???

One simple reason. Crime scenes aren't just about dead bodies (which I have no problem with). Crime scenes involve cops. And I hate writing about cops. I feel like a fish out of water when I do.

Luckily, my fabulous critique partners - one of whom is married to an ex-cop, and the other who has researched cops extensively - have given me great info to get going. And I did write it - all of a page. And now I'm avoiding it.

Argh.

So I'm finding anything else to keep me busy. I critted chapters from said CP, but she hasn't sent more and left me hanging on the verge of a sultry scene. (Yes, J. I'm MAD at you!). I printed out a partial of SOS I need to send, finally keyed in some edits on the WIP I've saved for a few weeks, and now I'm balking at sending another partial.

Why?

Because the second partial is going to a big agent. One I'd love to land. And it's my WIP - the one I *think* might just have that something special. And in my gut, I'm thinking, "Well, if I just don't send it, she can't say no."

See? Loser central here.

*sigh*

Okay, I guess that's as much time-wasting as I can manage. I'm off. To do . . . something. Wish me luck.

3Comments:

Blogger Paty Jager said...

Ah, the avoidance stage of a WIP. We all have days like that. Right now I wish I had the time to avoid a WIP. Instead I want desprately to be writing and don't have the time due to my job that pays bills.

I know what am I doing blogging? I have only enough time to sit down and get myself back into the story before I have to head out again. Soo, I read blogs while my dh balances the check book. Do we know how to have fun or what!

Eli, stop avoiding the WIP and get that out to the agent. She wants it, and you need to get it to her in a timely fashion.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Paty (hi Paty!). Stop avoiding the WIP. Send the partial - she wants it. She's interested and she just needs to see the partial to cement that interest. You don't need "good luck" wishes, how about "good skill?" I tell my hubby that when he plays poker because he says, and I quote "it's not luck Lisa, poker is a skill." So, I say good skill to him. And you're writing isn't luck, it's skill. So good skill to you too :-)

11:30 AM  
Blogger Karmela said...

Hi Elisabeth, great to cybermeet you! Just dropping by to say hi! Your site looks great, btw, and congrats too to you for your RTT win and request for a partial!

Question for you though: where did you read the judges' comments for my entry?

TTYL!
Karmela

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com