Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Friday, August 05, 2005 :~:

Character Therapy, Part II

(For part I, be sure to visit Linda's blog.)

Ethan didn’t break her gaze. The tick of a clock on the wall was the only sound echoing through the room. Caitlin's back straightened under his intense stare.

"What I did isn’t important. It’s what I did after that matters. I could have let it break me, but I didn’t. The question is, Agent Falconetti, what are you going to do?"

She turned back to the window and crossed her arms over her chest. "The same thing I’ve been doing."

"Wallowing in your misery?"

"Maybe I like wallowing. It’s not hurting anyone."

"What about the people who love you?"

A disbelieving laugh rumbled through her. "Yeah, right. They’re few and far between. Don’t you listen to the rumor mill? This Betty Bureau is unlovable."

His brow lifted. "And why is that, Agent?"

She glanced at her watch. "Isn’t our fifty minutes up?"

He relaxed, smiled. "I don’t have anything else on my calendar for the day."

"Great." She grimaced. "How’d I get so lucky?"

Tapping his pen against his leg, he stared at her again. She blew out a breath. "You know, if you cut me loose, I could catch a flight back to Virginia and you could sneak out for a round of golf."

"I don’t golf."

"Figures." She turned away, her body vibrating with repressed stress.

"All right. Not talking about the nightmares or your feelings of inadequacy-"

"I’m not inadequate." She shot him a glare. "My case closure percentage is close to a hundred."

"So tell me about your partner."

"She died."

"That has to be difficult for you."

With a mocking laugh, she leaned against the back of the chair. "What do they do, give you cards to memorize with those lines on them?"

He watched her, rubbing a finger over his lips. She stared back. The clock ticked. She narrowed her eyes again.

"You’re dying for a cigarette, aren’t you?"

Another smile. "As I said, we’re not talking about me, Agent. This is all about you."

"Oh, joy." She rolled her eyes. "I don’t think I can stand the excitement."

With another chuckle, he glanced at her file again. "So talk to me about Georgia."

She stilled, her expression freezing. Her chest lifted with a deep breath. "No."

"You were involved in a shooting."

"I’m not talking to you about Georgia."

"I have all day."

"You can have all year." She crossed her arms. "So who’s your favorite famous psychology guru? Freud? Jung?"

"Hannibal Lecter."

She laughed and shook her head. "You’re a quick one."

"So I’ve been told." His face sobered. "Tell me about Georgia."

"Jesus, you’re a piece of work. You never quit, do you?" She turned back to the window. "Now I need a cigarette and I don’t even like the taste of smoke."

His brow lifted and he nodded, a slow shift of his head. "Aha. He smokes."

She whipped around, eyes narrowed. "He’s not important. We’re not talking about him."

"Why not?"

"Because we're not. Drop it, doctor."

He reached for the file on the table in front of him, ignoring her icy warning, and flipped it open. "Georgia county sheriff’s investigator was shot. Paperwork says you two were at Quantico together. I’m guessing from your apprehension, there’s a history there." He glanced up, but she didn’t respond, so he went back to the file. "You fired your weapon. Disarmed the suspect. Both men survived."

Her muscles tightened, and she shifted back toward the window. "I should have shot him in the freakin' heart."

"Which one?"

She glanced at him over her shoulder. "Which one do you think?"

"You tell me."

Her eyes narrowed. "You’re really irritating, you know that?"

He smiled, his lips curling in a wide grin. "It’s my job. But you still haven’t answered my question."

She let out a breath. "If I tell you, will you let me go?"

"Perhaps."

She studied him one long minute. A sultry smile finally curled one side of her mouth. "I’m not so sure you want to hear this, Dr. McClane. It might just give you ideas."

"Try me."

She sauntered to the chair in front of him, ran her fingers over the back cushion as if caressing a lover. "It involved handcuffs, a coffee table and lots of hot pink latex."

1Comments:

Blogger Amie Stuart said...

*"Hannibal Lecter."*

Howling! I love it! I want more

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com