Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 :~:

OMG...It's Summer Vacation

When I was a teacher, I used to live for summer break. Long, lazy days, no responsibilities, nothing to do but bask in the warmth and relish my time away from hormonally crazed teenagers. Every teacher knows without summer vacation, they'd lose that slight grasp on their sanity they're desperately trying to hang on to.

Then I quit teaching. And now, summer vacation is no longer that most treasured time of the year, it's my own personal HELL.

Darling daughter had her last day of school yesterday. Forget the fact she was only in Kindergarten and was only going to school half days anyway. Forget the fact she's six and doesn't know what true boredom is. Five minutes after arriving home from school, she was going out of her mind. "There's nothing to do. I'm bored! What am I going to do all summer long?"

I'm now convinced summer vacation was created by evil-teachers to punish parents who sick their monster children on them nine months out of the year. Every teacher is laughing their ass off right now as they sit on their back porch drinking mai tai's at ten o'clock in the morning, relishing the fact they have two months off from screaming children, demanding parents and that nightmare known as teaching.

But as I sit here trying to write, listening to my six-year-old who doesn't know how to stop talking (UGH, where did she learn that annoying trait?), one small consolation fact is trickling through my mind. Those teachers might have two months of freedom, but come September, I'm going to be laughing all the way to school and back. Because you won't only be getting one of my non-stop talking children, you'll be getting two. And just wait until all three of them are there.

Bwah ha ha ha...

Payback is a bitch. :)

4Comments:

Blogger Joan Swan said...

LOL.

When telling my DD that I'd ground her if she said the words "I'm bored." got a response of "For how long?" I knew I was on the wrong track.

So, now, she has to pay me a quarter every time she says it. I say we're going to dinner at the end of the summer on her money. DH says we'll be able to go to CANCUN!!

What do you mean having an agent = no contests? So, like, I can stop entering them? I thought she might sell an editor better with the old "My new client is an award-winning author." trick.

No?

1:06 PM  
Blogger Linda Winfree said...

Ah. Summer vacation. Pool, sun, no teenagers. Still drawing a paycheck (okay, it's for days I've already put in . . . but still).

Cure for kid boredom = yard work. Mine are hoeing the garden tomorrow. Books work, too. We hit the library again today.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

Ahem, Linda.

Mine are 6, 3 and 4.5 mo. Yard work will last all of about two seconds. And books? Then I gotta sit and read to them.

But you're saying there's hope down the line???

And Joan...ROFL. Now, I could use a trip to Cancun!

Will have to let us know if the "award winning author" trick works. Hate contests. Detest them...

7:18 PM  
Blogger Paty Jager said...

My kids were always so busy with their 4-H projects, helping with changing pipes and hauling hay, they didn't have time to be bored.
So I'm afraid I'm not much help!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com