Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Sunday, June 26, 2005 :~:

Mish-Mash Blogger Blah

There's no real rhyme or reason to this, just things that are on my mind.

An agent has shown interest in Marina's Bane. Wahoo, yippie! For some reason, I'm not all that thrilled. I mean, I am, but I'm more at the "Oh, crap, now what do I do?" stage. In an email she mentioned there were "problems" that needed to be fixed, which means revisions. Which is no biggie...but I've been obsessing all weekend about what those "problems" could be. She called on Friday, but of course, I missed the call, so I have to wait until to tomorrow to phone her back.

And I'm still curious what the other agents who have the manuscript have to say about it. Have they read it? Did they like it? Will I hear from them soon? I don't want to jump at the first agent who shows interest - I want to make an informed decision about representation (uh, yeah, right...informed. I feel like a first-year teacher standing in front of her first class on her first day, tongue-tied with no clue what she's going to say or do.) So many questions running through my mind.

Which of course means I haven't been able to write this weekend because I've beeen obsessing over the above. I'm on pg 18 of chapter 10 in the WIP, and if I had any self-motivation, I'd wrap that chapter up and move one. But I can't. Between building the play structure from Hell (see below) and worrying about agents, I've accomplished zilch on the WIP. And I should be working on it now - but alas, I'm here blogging instead (What does that tell you about my procrastination skills?) Part of me says, "what's the point?" I'm going to get a revision list tomorrow for MB and my focus will shift there, so why even worry about the WIP at all right now?

Because I should. Because I can't just leave them hanging. Because the scene is in my head, I just can't seem to make my fingers punch it into the computer.

*sigh*

On an unrelated topic, I think I'm going to enter a contest. I know, I know, I hate contests. I do, but this one looks okay. And I want to see what sorts of feedback WFM gets in a contest before the GH in Dec. Because I'm thinking of entering that one (Lord, why?).

And the play structure from Hell? Making progress. Worked on it all day yesterday with the DH. We now have the fort done (aside from all the fun stuff that needs to be attached, like the telescope, and driving wheel, and slide, etc.) But wow - it looks good! We began working on the monkey bars/swings today, but it started raining and Gremlin #3 wasn't cooperating. So we bagged it, and DH decided to take Gremlin #1 to a baseball game instead (in the rain...don't even try to figure that one out. I expect them home any time.). I guess we'll be working on it again this week. But...the major construction is done - thank you, Lord.

5Comments:

Blogger Paty Jager said...

My thoughts - and I'm no expert. Push on with the WIP, especially if the scene is in your head. Who knows when the agent will get back to you on the rewrites and if they will be something you think is good for the book. And do keep you options open. If this agent makes a move, contact the others and ask if they've looked at your work, what they think and that you have someone else interested, but they were your first choice and you would like to hear their thoughts on your work.

But above all else, keep writing!! I know if I stall out it takes me a lot longer to get back in the groove of the book I'm working on. Just keep plugging ahead and think of the agent with the interest as your carrot. It 's dangling out there keeping you going on this book, because if she likes the one she has, she's going to love the one you're working on now!

7:51 AM  
Blogger TJ Brown said...

Yup, keep on a trucking. On the WIP and the silly play structure:) Yeah, I know, it's raining here... but it has to stop sometime, right? Like in August?
Teri in Portland:)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Joan Swan said...

Did you talk to her today?? Did you, did you? I talked to Linda W. and she was telling me about the phone call and how you had to wait to call her.

Tell us what she said!!!!!!!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Tyler said...

We're waiting on the news - don't keep us in suspense, please...

(and am sending - minor-revision karma your way ;)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Naughton said...

LOL.

I'll take that minor revision karma, Steph. :)

Update here:

The agent loved the book. Loved the story, loved the idea (underwater archaeologist, 500 yr old Mexican curse, yadda yadda yadda). She had a list of minor revisions which, after delving into them, have turned into major revisions - at least to the first half of the book. I have to cut at least 100 pgs and rework my heroine's characterization - basically make her more likeable, more experienced and less whiney. *rolling eyes* But based on the revisions - and assuming she still likes the book, she said she wanted to offer me a contract.

So...The cutting hasn't been so bad, was able to find a couple chapters that I loved, but really didn't need to be there. (kill those darlings). I'm now within word count/page count and am working on cleaning up sections, making sure the flow is still there and focusing on my heroine. At this point, I just *hope* it works. Linda read the new love scene last night and said she liked it better (of course, she could be lying through her teeth...time will tell), so hopeuflly the rest of the book is better as well.

Will update again when I know more. Right now, my eyes feel like they're going to cross. :)

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com