Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Monday, June 13, 2005 :~:

Basking in Query Hell

Dear Uber-Agent,

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about my 500,000-word "almost" (but not even close) completed suspense novel, The Sucky Writer.

Romance Novelist Elisabeth Naughton has been searching for an agent all her life. Unable to face rejection, she continues to write with no end in sight. She's a panster at heart and doesn't understand the concepts of plotting, or manuscript length or even character arcs. But she knows how to put words on paper, dammit. And she's darn good at it.

When she decides to hone her craft by signing up for a writing workshop from her local writer's group, she thinks she's finally got it made. But the wicked-witch-of-the-west instructor has it out for Elisabeth, and soon our fiesty heroine is fighting for her life amid paper cuts and plotting sheets and little yellow stickies that seem to get stuck in the most inappropriate areas. Can she ever find her way out of the mess she's created? And will that hunky agent she's been stalking for the last five years ever be able to rescue her from the wicked witch's mind-zapping control? And will he want to?

The Sucky Writer is the only book I've ever attempted to write. It combines my 8th grade background in keyboarding with my desire to be the next Danielle Steele. I need a way out of this single-wide trailer and the eight kids tugging on my pant legs. My no-good, dirt-bag husband left me for a younger model last year. But that's another story. And I'll wait until you sign me before I get into it. Woo-hee is that a tale you don't want to miss. That is the last time I let my trash-talking sister set me up on a blind date with our first cousin. The things I could tell you...

If you would like to read more of The Sucky Writer, I could send you at least the first five pages...if I can find some paper that hasn't been colored on, or stepped on, or shredded by those monsters known as children lately. Gimme a minute and let me see what I can find.

Sincerely,

Ima Nutcase

2Comments:

Blogger Paty Jager said...

Hey E-
I'll read the first 5 pages- sounds interesting!!

I think the title is what drew me in. LOL It's kind of how I'm feeling about now! Must be the summer writing blues- too much going on and not enough time to really get into the flow of the story! That and trying to decide which way to turn with my writing!
Hope you get the query letter figured out!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Linda Winfree said...

ROFLMAO. You are so gifted.

(And you can include one of my handy-dandy checklist form letters!)

Seriously, Piper's right. You're a wonderful writer and I fully expect you to have representation before I head back to hell, er, school.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com