Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 :~:

Big Black Moments

Are. Emotionally. Draining.

I feel like I've been through the wringer. Better yet, I feel like I just broke up with my husband, lost my best friend, was told I have 30 days to live, and oh yeah, my dog was hit by a car. That's what the big black moment is to me today.

For Ryan and Kate in Wait For Me, it goes like this:

She pressed the heels of her hands against her eyes. "I don’t know what to believe anymore."

Kneeling in front of her, he placed trembling hands on her thighs. Anguish clawed at his heart. "Believe in me. Believe in us. I love you. I wouldn’t do anything to hurt you."

"Don’t you get it, Ryan?" she whispered. "You did hurt me. In the worst possible way." When she dropped her hands, tortured emotions brewed in the depths of her emerald green eyes. "You made me fall in love with you, then you took away the very trust that love was built on. How am I ever supposed to believe anything you say?"

A heavy weight pressed down on his chest. The air clogged in his throat. She loved him. Her revelation was exactly what he’d wanted to hear since the day she walked back into his life, but never in a thousand years did he expect her to say it wasn’t enough.

On a breath, she pushed his hands aside and rose.

Fear and heartache clawed at his soul. She was backing away. He was going to lose her if he didn’t do something to make this right. Rising, he fought back the tears stinging his eyes. "Katie, please."

Her head shook, and she wiped at her cheeks. "I can’t. I don’t even know you."

He swallowed the lump in his throat. "You do know me. You know everything that matters." She turned for the door. His voice hitched. "Please. I can’t lose you a second time."

Her feet paused on the deck, and her head turned, but her eyes never met his. "Don’t you understand, Ryan? You already did."

1Comments:

Blogger Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Okay, I need a bawling buckets of tears emoticon here.

That was wonnerful! But I SO understand the emotional devastation a BBM leaves behind in the writer.

Let's see... what might alleviate the pain? Go watch a hilarious movie maybe?

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com