Coming Soon

Book 1 - Eternal Guardians
April 27, 2010
Photobucket
Book 2 - Eternal Guardians
July 27, 2010
Available Now
Photobucket
Book 3 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 2 in the Stolen Trilogy
Photobucket
Book 1 in the Stolen Trilogy
What's New
Read the Epilogue to
STOLEN FURY
Looking for your own exciting quest? Then don't miss my
Fortune & Glory Game
Partner up with a sexy treasure hunting guide and experience your own adventure!
Where You Can Find Me
My Website
Facebook
Myspace
GoodReads
FiledBy
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Rose City Romance Writers
The 007's - Nobody Writes It Better
Snapshots
Author Blogs
Vivi Anna
Ann Aguirre
Anya Bast
Allison Brennan
TJ Brown
Carol Burnside
Delilah Marvelle
Lexi Connor
Jodi Lynn Copeland
Bethany Cunningham
Lauren Dane
Michelle Diener
Karen Duvall
Cynthia Eden
Angie Fox
MJ Fredrick
Jenny Gilliam
Colleen Gleason
Megan Hart
Charlotte Hughes
Paty Jager
Karmela Johnson
Beth Kery
Terry McLaughlin
Trish Milburn/Tricia Mills
Edie Ramer
Marissa Scott
Alice Sharpe
Shelli Stevens
Juliana Stone
Joan Swan
Karin Tabke
Beth Williamson
Linda Winfree
Deborah Wright
Christina York
Group Author Blogs
The Bradford Bunch
The Goddess Blogs
The Graveyard Shift
Killer Fiction
Magical Musings
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Nobody Writes It Better
Something Wicked
Murder She Writes
Romance Bandits
Romancing The Blog
Rose City Romance Writers
WriteMinded
Industry Blogs
Romantic Reads
The Johnny Law Chronicles
Precinct Thirteen
The Knight Agency
Agent 007
Kristin Nelson
BookEnds Blog
Recommended Resources
Bradford Literary Agency
Charlotte Dillon
Joan Swan
Kiss of Death
Mid-Willamette Valley RWA
Romance Divas
Past Writings
Guests

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

:~: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 :~:

The Dreaded Partial...

That should be a good thing, right?

Sheesh...one would think so.

But add some self-doubt, a sprinkling of fear and toss it all together with previous rejected partials, and you have a writer who is second guessing everything she's ever done.

Ugh...enough obsessing already.

I received a request for a partial. Woopie, yahoo, yadda yadda yadda. Not getting excited here. This particular agent has rejected each of my other manuscripts after a requested partial. Obviously, something about my query letters draws her attention. And consequently, something about my first chapters turns her off. Hence why I'm not overly excited about this one. Therefore, I've spent the majority of the day questioning my first chapter. Is it strong enough? Is there enough suspense? Enough of a hook to make her want to read more? Should I include the prologue...is it even necessary? The questions go on and on. I'm driving my cp's nuts, I'm sure!

So today I polished, hacked, sliced, added, polished some more, read and reread until my eyes are bulging. I think it's safe to say I'm sick of chapter one! And after much debate, I've pretty much decided that I will include the prologue along with chapter one and call it good. I like it, so there. Thhththt!

On a positive, no rejections today. That's always good. :) And my cp, Carol, sent me info on another agent just north of me. Will have to check him out.

And Science of Silence is making progress. Finished chapter four (finally!). Now moving into five and the dreaded dinner (I'll save that for another post!)

6Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep writing, your work sounds intersting.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can so much relate to self-doubt and fear! Everything you can do is trying to forget about it and plug forward. I'm sure your first chapter is sparkling now and I hope the editor will see, too, how good it is.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I meant, the agent. Best of luck!

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! You turned on comments from nonblogger people. Love your pictures. And I can so relate to the self doubt and second guessing yourself. Hang in there and keep plugging away!

5:11 AM  
Blogger Larissa Ione said...

Congrats on the request, and don't stress too much. Too much stressing leads to too much editing, which leads to editing your voice right out! So get that puppy in the mail. Good luck!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Linda Winfree said...

Listen to Larissa! We can polish too much. You will be just fine. I have faith in you!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design by Elisabeth Naughton

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

This page is powered by Blogger. 

Isn't yours?
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com